Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Our Teemu Pukki

It is clear Teemu Pukki is going to have a superb personal campaign this season in the premier league. He has apparently fractured a toe during this game but wanted to play on regardless. 

It has been a while since we had a centre forward who when through on goal gives you confidence he will quite probably put it away.

I can see him bagging 20 this season and shoving that silly quote from what ever prat said he would not get 10, down their throat.

I think his alround game is suited to the Premier League. Calmly retains possession and his distribution bang on. Actually has played better away from home for me. We will do well to hold onto to him if we go down and I'm actually a bit nervous about January now.

Just hope that fractured toe doesn't keep him out as we will be stuffed without him.

16 minutes ago, East Rider said:

It is clear Teemu Pukki is going to have a superb personal campaign this season in the premier league. He has apparently fractured a toe during this game but wanted to play on regardless. 

It has been a while since we had a centre forward who when through on goal gives you confidence he will quite probably put it away.

I can see him bagging 20 this season and shoving that silly quote from what ever prat said he would not get 10, down their throat.

That’d be Mark Lawrenson.

He was class today. His movement was superb, and got in a few times against two very good centre backs. I think he thrived with  a 'back to his best' Buendia behind him. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

He was class today. His movement was superb, and got in a few times against two very good centre backs. I think he thrived with  a 'back to his best' Buendia behind him. 

I have to say Emi frustrated me several times and especially for the last ten to fifteen minutes. At his best, he’s far too good a player for a club like us. At his worst, he’s a passenger, lying in the ground or standing with his hands on his hips looking aggrieved. He spent several minutes squatting while Leicester attacked near the end of the match and eventually stood up and ambled back towards the action, far too late to help. Maybe he was genuinely injured but he’s cried wolf too many times sadly. Contrast him with Todd whose work rate was - again - immense today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I have to say Emi frustrated me several times and especially for the last ten to fifteen minutes. At his best, he’s far too good a player for a club like us. At his worst, he’s a passenger, lying in the ground or standing with his hands on his hips looking aggrieved. He spent several minutes squatting while Leicester attacked near the end of the match and eventually stood up and ambled back towards the action, far too late to help. Maybe he was genuinely injured but he’s cried wolf too many times sadly. Contrast him with Todd whose work rate was - again - immense today.

Hope you noticed his fantastic pass

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think his alround game is suited to the Premier League. Calmly retains possession and his distribution bang on. Actually has played better away from home for me. We will do well to hold onto to him if we go down and I'm actually a bit nervous about January now.

Just hope that fractured toe doesn't keep him out as we will be stuffed without him.

It will take more than a broken pinky to keep him out.

The unfortunate downside of the fact he has proven himself a class act at the highest level now is that come the summer, especially if we are relegated, we will struggle to keep hold of him.

1 minute ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

That's the spirit Monty13! ✌️

Lol, sorry. Didn’t mean to be downbeat after another good performance and Pukki master class. I love the guy, and it’s just going to hurt the day he moves on and he’s wearing another teams colours. I’d love to think he will see out the best of his career with us, but if we don’t stay up it seems unlikely.

52 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Can I say, he's our new Grant Holt. Talismanic, down to earth, and looks like someone who might fix your boiler.

With that cold calm nature when in on goal he is more of a Finnish ice Viking then a warm boiler man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Can I say, he's our new Grant Holt. Talismanic, down to earth, and looks like someone who might fix your boiler.

If you are comparing him to Grant Holt surely you mean he looks like someone who would fit tyres on your car ? 😂

• Haha 1

I recall there was a jacuzzi (?) company who sponsored Teemu last season and there was a photo shoot of him awkwardly cutting a ribbon or something in the EDP and he was dressed like he'd just left his UEA student houseshare having just sparked up a massive J wearing a hoody and baggy jeans scuffed at the bottom... The man's a legend for just being himself! No airs, no graces just Pukki!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

I’d love to think he will see out the best of his career with us, but if we don’t stay up it seems unlikely.

Even if we do stay up, the chances are that there will be bids for him that we may not be able to refuse. At 29, his best years are behind him and if someone came in with 20/25 mill it's unlikely that we'd turn it down. 

I reckon he’ll get to 20 too . He’s a really top class striker who’s carried on learning and getting better , probably still improving imo even at 29 .  We don’t need to sell for the money , I think it would be suicidal . I’m a sentimental old git nowadays, but I also think he’s found a proper home here , with his wife and baby , and they’ve had enough of moving about . Plus all the Finland stuff to satisfy some ambitions for him . Norwich legend being created in the present in front of our eyes I hope ! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pockthorpe said:

I reckon he’ll get to 20 too . He’s a really top class striker who’s carried on learning and getting better , probably still improving imo even at 29 .  We don’t need to sell for the money , I think it would be suicidal . I’m a sentimental old git nowadays, but I also think he’s found a proper home here , with his wife and baby , and they’ve had enough of moving about . Plus all the Finland stuff to satisfy some ambitions for him . Norwich legend being created in the present in front of our eyes I hope ! 

Spot on. Just about my take on the subject.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Even if we do stay up, the chances are that there will be bids for him that we may not be able to refuse. At 29, his best years are behind him and if someone came in with 20/25 mill it's unlikely that we'd turn it down. 

Can’t see it in the summer if we stay up - there are younger options probably for not much more than we’d want for him (why would we sell if we stay up?). He’s also already played European football and at a “big” club in Celtic. He’s arguably had the best year or two of his career here... If we stay up I really don’t think he’d want to leave. If we go down, it’s a different matter.

11 hours ago, splendidrush said:

How old's Vardy?  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1

If we stay up he will stay, almost no doubt about that in my mind. The financial value of our players to our club will not be too much of a burden for the board to resist. We will hopefully only lose one or two then rebuild.

If we are relegated then everything within our club will be on the table open for offers. Every single player will have a value that when it is reached we will not turn down. I suspect we will lose at least two defenders and two/three from midfield or our forward line. As a minimum.

That includes Pukki. 

I think the only likely change to these scenarios is if by some miracle we have a storming second half to the season, we would look to add not lose quality to our team for next season. Here's hoping...…..