2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Jordan Rhodes - not a fictional oil magnate. 

First half hat-trick for Sheff Weds at Forest. 

That's the fella. 

Well it doesn’t look like Drmic is much of a stand-in for Pukki, we could do worse. Although if he is making a significant contribution for Wednesday, we won’t we able to afford him sadly.

Funny bit of business really. The guy clearly wanted to stay and Wednesday didn't seem that keen to keep him so was surprising when a deal couldn't be done. Glad he's doing well. He'd have certainly offered us another option from the bench.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Well it doesn’t look like Drmic is much of a stand-in for Pukki, we could do worse. Although if he is making a significant contribution for Wednesday, we won’t we able to afford him sadly.

Drmic and Srbeny 0 prem starts 1 goal each, we are covered but it would be good to see Rhodes back, possibly on a free?

10 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Drmic and Srbeny 0 prem starts 1 goal each, we are covered but it would be good to see Rhodes back, possibly on a free?

Sadly I think Wednesday will want a lot more than that.

Perhaps we should have haggled a bit more intensely with Sheffield Wednesday over their excessive demands at the time.

We wanted JR, JR wanted us, Wednesday wanted too much.

When Drmic was signed thoughts of Rhodes at Carrow Road quickly disappeared in to the mist as we had after all signed a classy fairly highly rated international with a hint of the marquee about him, and surely his injury problems were behind him.

That he has been somewhat of a let-down thus far is undeniable  .... is he injured still/again? Perhaps he'll eventually come good and live up to expectations but is there possibly a hint of resignation among us that likely he will not with the likes of James Vaughan and even Matt Jarvis to remind us that the scenario is not new to the club?

How much will Josip Drmic have cost us by the season's end and will it be money more badly invested than overpaying for Jordan Rhodes?

I realise that Drmic came on a supposed free, but was there a hefty signing on fee and what level of wage does he claim whilst being sidelined?

Am I being too premature, too harsh or do six appearances and one goal speak for themselves?

I suppose he needs a bit longer to prove himself; it's just that the 'ever-up-for-it' Jordan Rhodes hitting the net today is a reminder of what we might be missing for when that game changing moment is needed, even though it's quite nice to see Dennis getting unexpectedly thrust in to the limelight. . 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

I noticed also that Jacob Murphy is now a colleague of JR’s, and only a sub at Sheff Weds - not sure if Josh played for Cardiff in today’s 3-0 loss to Leeds. Funny to think a couple of seasons ago the twins were heading for the Premier League, but now would no doubt absolutely kill to come back here again. Ben Marshall doesn’t even have a club now I saw today, what on earth happened to him that he couldn’t sign for a Championship club on a free this summer?! How our fortunes have all changed.

Sorry, did I say 3-0 loss? I bet WACCOE is great value tonight 😂

Have to say I visualised Larry Hagman in the cowboy hat pouring a scotch in front of an exasperated Sue Ellen there! Then thought of Ruddy. Well done to Jordan Rhodes, he would have given a decent option this year, unlikely now, perhaps in the summer.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Still think he's worth signing. Suspect he'd have made a better fist of Marco's lame attempt at the death on Saturday.

To be fair, it was a terrible ball to him from Hernandez, miles behind him.

To be fair, it was a terrible ball to him from Hernandez, miles behind him.

Yes, poor old Marco got a wee bit of stick for that but it was a poor contribution from Onel all round in that moment

Onels pass was a  bit off but I do think Marco left his shooting boots in the champs. Jr's goals on the other hand showed that instinct to change the game and offer somthing we don't have. He did it for us last season. Perfect hat trick, one with each foot and one on the nut. 

Edited by Chumino
Add content

If the toe injury to TP had been worse, he would have been the ideal replacement for many reasons. I would still have him here.