Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

My Fear - A Stalin-Like Purge

Although my head tells me this is improbable, I really do fear a purge of key playing personnel between now and the end of January. I have always believed that a "cancer" was in the squad from the start of this season, and I hope upon hope that Worthington has not convinced the Board that the way forward is to unload key problem players and high wages etc and start again. Under such a scenario, apart from dead wood,  I can certainly see Green, McVeigh and even Huckerby going. Why I fear such a scenario is that it would almost guarantee the continuance of Worthington''s presence.

You might say we won''t have enough people to dress but, under such a scenario, it would not be difficult to bring in 4 or 5 players for lower cost and on relatively low wages and shorter-term contracts ( if we are to bring others in I would prefer that the outlays are minimal anyway so we do not tie the hands of our next manager ). Obviously, I do not wish for such a purge but I will feel a lot more comfortable when the end of January arrives.

Septic,

Call it a cancer or as I have done a malaise but it surfaced at Fulham and has been there ever since, wonder what it is.

Is it possible it could have been a top pay sulky striker who wanted to be somewhere else and his wages covered by a lack of depth?