Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

highlights - enjoy

Looking at the highlights. Very questionable placing of the ball by Maddison for the corner from which Vardy scores! Why didn’t VAR pick that up! It appears to be well off touching the white line as required. Anybody else think so?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Looking at the highlights. Very questionable placing of the ball by Maddison for the corner from which Vardy scores! Why didn’t VAR pick that up! It appears to be well off touching the white line as required. Anybody else think so?

I think that's clutching at straws. As long as part of it is overhanging the line then it's legit, and players always push to the absolute limit. 

I'm more concerned about Krul's role in the goal. He's been arguably our best player so far this season but his positioning for that goal was poor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Yep it wasn’t touching the line but I don’t think it made any difference!

Atrocious highlights, I was looking forward to seeing our chances in the 2nd half and also when they didn’t give the ball back when we put it out when a player was injured.

Thanks for the replies guys. However, VAR check all goals we are informed, so shouldn’t they have picked it up? I know players push matters to the limit, but they scored a goal from it. If VAR is there to uphold the rules of the game, then the placing of that ball is not in the rules! 

36 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Thanks for the replies guys. However, VAR check all goals we are informed, so shouldn’t they have picked it up? I know players push matters to the limit, but they scored a goal from it. If VAR is there to uphold the rules of the game, then the placing of that ball is not in the rules! 

But if any part of the ball is hanging over the line, it's OK. It doesn't have to physically touch the paint.

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

The channel I watched it on said that VAR did check the position of the ball and judged it hanging over the line.

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

If VAR is there to uphold the rules of the game, then the placing of that ball is not in the rules! 

VAR is there to help the Big Clubs  maintain their dominance...... nothing else.