Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Slowly, slowly, slowly...

Very slowly we are starting to find our way in this league.

With the return of Zimmermann, Vrancis and Hernandez whilst having a settled team we are beginning to find better performances over a whole half or such as today a whole game. Even last week against sheff Utd we were good in the first half but poor in the second. I believe the tide is gently turning in our favour.

let's hope it's not too late.

Green (and yellow) shoots of recovery?

• Like 3

Without wanting to sound negative, we've been here many times before. We said it after Man City, Bournemouth, Everton, Arsenal, and even at half time against Sheffield United. 

It's just that these excellent performances always seems to be followed by a bad one. We need to produce some of these consistent basis before we can claim to have found our way in the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Without wanting to sound negative, we've been here many times before. We said it after Man City, Bournemouth, Everton, Arsenal, and even at half time against Sheffield United. 

It's just that these excellent performances always seems to be followed by a bad one. We need to produce some of these consistent basis before we can claim to have found our way in the Premier League.

I hear you and agree.

However, I'm not stating we have found our way! In fact I'm not sure we have found our way at all yet. 

What I believe is we are slowly starting to find our way following an unprecedented injury ravaged start to our campaign. Very slowly we are beginning to put longer and better performances together since most of squad has had time to bed in from injury. Some of our last defeats have been very close.

It is turning, very......very...…. slowly.

18 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I do think you are being too negative WWIAFTM.

The OP said we are SLOWLY improving since Zimmermann returned - and we are.

Five points from five games is better than we had been doing and is a base from which we can hopefully improve. If we can do that we'll at least give ourselves a chance of staying up. 

Feel we must get at least one win against Wolves or Villa tbh as we're not making in-roads into the teams above us.. We're doing the best we can after a difficult start to the season with an injury ravaged team. Recent performances have been better and we do play some very nice stuff at times, but we have to be more clinical and also stop gifting goals.

A big win for Bournemouth today, which is a shame

Yes we need to grind out a win from some of these games. 

Edited by Chumino
Miss spell

I think this battling performance against arguably one of the best teams in the league shows we are good enough. But we can't allow a moments dalliance or switching off .... or any of the players thinking they belong here by right. Survive a season and the you've earned the right to call yourself Premier League.

• Like 1

Still think we're a soft touch for the 'bruisers' in this League. It's great getting results against Teams that play football, trouble is, the Teams at our end of the table know that they have to scrap for points. 

We've already lost to Watford, Saints, Villa and West Ham, all those '6 pointers' could be our undoing at the end of the season.