Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

Leicester match day thread

Great point but on balance shoul have had all 3 as Leicester created little really. A lot of corners to defend 2nd half and we did that pretty well.

Good performance but could have been better.

If Farke had the balls to make the subs 20 mins earlier we would have won it.

And Steipermann, oh dear. Should be called scufferman

Still a good point but will the same team turn up next week?

Great result. Well done lads. 

A disappointing night for about 3 posters on here who must have thought today was a home banker.

Zimbo immense. Such confidence to take into the Wolves match.

We. Can. Still. Do. This. (To use the modern day alliteration!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

That’s definitely the most negative way of looking at it. Good for you 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Got so wrapped up in that match that I hadn’t seen the lower league football results... good day all round!

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Have to agree with this. Great performance and result but Farke needs to be a bit more ballsy with the subs, something I have been a bit critical of him for in the past. He only seems to be willing to throw the dice when the game is already out of sight one way or another. I get not making subs if we are already in the ascendancy but I couldn’t see the harm in swapping Cantwell out for Hernandez 10/15 minutes sooner. The subs gave us fresh impetus and had they happened earlier I’m sure we would’ve nicked a huge 3 points.

Never mind, more importantly I was happy to see us put in a decent shift for BOTH halves of the game - we haven’t done that since the Everton win. We certainly look far from beaten and will remain only a win or so away from the mix. If we maintain performance levels like that then I think we can do it!

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Great result. Missed most of the game. Sounds like we deserved it!

We deserved all 3 points and although a point is great I again feel slightly disappointed that it wasn’t more 

It feels like a win because it wasn't lucky. It was a good team performance and I liked our composure and calmness when we were getting tired. We have caved in so many times but today we kept our shape and I only worried when they got a corner. And that does worry me.

If we can suss out how to beat the bullyboys we have a chance ... can't see that happening unless we sign a thug or two in January.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 1

We will take a point but honestly I feel like Leicester were completely there for the taking and with better game management we could have had them.

Buendia was very, very clearly shot by around 65, Tettey not long after- and Cantwell was the first one to come off on 85 minutes. I think fresh legs on earlier and Leicester desperate not to drop points would have seen us nick it. 

1 minute ago, JF said:

We deserved all 3 points and although a point is great I again feel slightly disappointed that it wasn’t more 

Oh ok. Did we miss some big chances?

Great Pukki finish from sublime Buendia through ball .........how many times did we see that last season . How bloody marvellous to be seeing it again today . 

We can really kick on from this next saturday . Bring on the Wolves .

OTBC💛💚

Edited by Pockthorpe

That was a very good high-intensity performance for us and remained switched on for about 95% of the time. Lapse in concentration saw us give a goal away unfortunately.. We're still in with a fighting chance of staying up if we can maintain this level of consistency. Still the Christmas period is a funny old time of the season for football when the formbook often goes out of the window. Something we can capitalise on if we remain disciplined.

Under pressure we controlled the match well for last 15 keeping the ball well. Frustrating it's taken this long to gell somewhat. Great point. Onwards and upwards hopefully

Just now, hogesar said:

Oh ok. Did we miss some big chances?

Only one really big one before we got the first goal. But more than enough half chances to have seen another hit the net. Leicester didn’t create much at all and only scored through our awful marking. Maddison was largely anonymous