Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Maddison is great, but.....

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

.....he plays for Leicester now - the opposition - so can we save the love in until after the match, please?

Yeah but if we do get stuffed (not saying we will, hope we won’t etc. etc....) hopefully it’ll be a combination of Maddison (for old time’s sake) and Vardy (captain in my fantasy footy team)

28 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

... just imagine if we had not been under that restraint and he had led our promotion charge last season...

Why? We couldn’t do any better than we did. There’s no zero-th place in the table. 

Plus if there’s one thing we know about him, he is very confident in his own ability. No matter how much money we had, he would have been gone to a bigger club by now.

I dont think the love-in can stop pre-game. Nor should it.

During the game, sure. I would frankly be happy with him having an absolute nightmare for those 90 minutes.

But as Norwich fans I think the mutual connection between us and Madders is something which is quite a rare and pleasant thing, for a player no longer amongst a team's ranks. 

So, in a world full of trolls and at a time of negativity, why would that stop? More to the point, why should it?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I will be in the travelling Yellows and am 100% sure that he will get a tremendous reception from us. Great shame we saw him for only that one season. Yes I know that we had to sell him for financial reasons but just imagine if we had not been under that restraint and he had led our promotion charge last season and may have helped us survive this. Three great years of service and he could then have joined Spurs (or similar) for £60M +. Would truly have then been one of our all time greats.

We all recall the pictures of him, Ruddy and Bennett in the Yellow Army at Derby last season and the ongoing banter JM had with Harry Maguire last season (and this no doubt) on respective merits of Norwich v Blades.

Irrespective of result he will come over to us at the end and applaud us and the reaction will be thunderous. He deserves nothing less.  

What... and he won't because he plays for Leicester now, who are second in the table?

Doesn't make any difference and as you say, we HAD to sell him. It's likely that if we hadn't, others would have gone. Would we have got Pukki? Etc. etc. Lots of variables. May not have even got promoted!

So pleased that he's made the grade at the top level, it's taken a while to get the credit he deserves at International level but I  never had any doubts. 

I told my brother a year ago that he would win us the next World Cup.... you heard it here first.

Meanwhile, some joker on TWTD reckons Flynn Downes is better than Madison.... who? I hear you ask, well exactly. 

As for the game, Leicester are playing some wonderful football, I hope we can stay with them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

As for the game, Leicester are playing some wonderful football, I hope we can stay with them. 

I have a feeling Farke will have something in place. Leicester will be expecting to overun us and that may be their undoing.

For me he should get a massive round of applause pre match when his name is read out and then if he comes over after the game a clap and a rendition of his song just nothing during the game. I remember going to Derby a few season ago and the away fans where singing Bradley Johnsons song throughout the game and he popped up with the winner 15 minutes from time and they continued to sing his name during the game, didnt get that if im honest! Before and after the game fine, during the game not needed. 

• Like 1

Hopefully he'll move to Man Utd and we get a % of the deal. You would like to think we always anticipated him heading for the top, so there should be some big sell on clauses within his agreement.

1 hour ago, lincsy88 said:

For me he should get a massive round of applause pre match when his name is read out and then if he comes over after the game a clap and a rendition of his song just nothing during the game. I remember going to Derby a few season ago and the away fans where singing Bradley Johnsons song throughout the game and he popped up with the winner 15 minutes from time and they continued to sing his name during the game, didnt get that if im honest! Before and after the game fine, during the game not needed. 

Yep... Annoys me when we hero worship ex-players who are playing for opposing teams.

Holty was always fun though. Big ol cheer when he showed up at Carrow Road with Villa (I think) then we booed him every time he touched the ball during the game! That was funny, as with a character like Holty you could get away with it. He knew we loved him really!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lake district canary said:

.....he plays for Leicester now - the opposition - so can we save the love in until after the match, please?

If you don't want his name being applauded at the start of the game you're going to be disappointed. I imagine the game will play out as normal until either if he is subbed off or he approaches the away fans after the game where he'll be met with a warm response.

Whatever the result I can't see the high regard Norwich fans having for JM changing at any point either now or later in his career. He was fantastic for us just that 17/18 season and his performances and sale massively contributed to where we are today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hillhead said:

If you don't want his name being applauded at the start of the game you're going to be disappointed. I imagine the game will play out as normal until either if he is subbed off or he approaches the away fans after the game where he'll be met with a warm response.

Whatever the result I can't see the high regard Norwich fans having for JM changing at any point either now or later in his career. He was fantastic for us just that 17/18 season and his performances and sale massively contributed to where we are today.

I'm sure he'll be on here to lecture us about it from the comfort of his living room while we're driving back from Leicester.

I love Madders....only going to leicester to see him play again.

😉😉

20 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yep... Annoys me when we hero worship ex-players who are playing for opposing teams.

Holty was always fun though. Big ol cheer when he showed up at Carrow Road with Villa (I think) then we booed him every time he touched the ball during the game! That was funny, as with a character like Holty you could get away with it. He knew we loved him really!

100% this mate. Before and after the game love him as much as possible, during the game the pantomime villain is a great way to go, Im sure Madders would take it in good heart. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:38, lake district canary said:

I have a feeling Farke will have something in place. Leicester will be expecting to overun us and that may be their undoing.

I would argue with you, but I seem to remember you started a thread on Man City before we played them...

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I would argue with you, but I seem to remember you started a thread on Man City before we played them...

Yes, well the same thing applies as for that match really, against a team that will want to play football - if we play at our best and they don't we stand as good a chance as anyone. Will be hoping for a close 0-0, scoring late in the game for a 1-0 win, similar to several games last season. 

Edited by lake district canary

I’m a little bit cynical when it comes to Madders, I think he’s quite cute the way he uses publicity, but when when he says stuff like this:

"Norwich is the first result I check every week. I feel more like a supporter than an ex-player," he said. "I want Norwich to win every single week, just two weekends when they don't. This is one of them. I've got to treat it as any other game.

It’s hard not to warm to him (from an interview with him reported in the EDC)

18 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Think he said in that thread ‘ The only player I shall be looking forward to seeing us play against this season is Maddison ‘ so looks like he started the love in and has changed his mind.

On 13/12/2019 at 08:23, city4eva said:

I love Madders....only going to leicester to see him play again.

😉😉

Looking forward to his own goal

1 hour ago, Well b back said:
20 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Think he said in that thread ‘ The only player I shall be looking forward to seeing us play against this season is Maddison ‘ so looks like he started the love in and has changed his mind.

Yep, I will look forward to seeing him, as I do whenever I see Leicester play. However, I will be wanting him to play super inneffectively against us. If people chant his name, sing his song like they did Bradley Johnson and he comes up with a winner or something like Johnson, then that would feel like to me we had helped him.   There are some things more important than lauding maddison......three points for instance. 

56 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Let's not forget that he was dubbed ' a wonderful person' by somebody. 

That wasn't me, if that is what you are insinuating, all I did was point out that the vitriol he was receiving at the time was painting an unbalanced picture of him.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

...all I did was point out that the vitriol he was receiving at the time was painting an unbalanced picture of him.

Just like Snoddy you mean? 🤣

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:
4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Let's not forget that he was dubbed ' a wonderful person' by somebody. 

That wasn't me, if that is what you are insinuating, all I did was point out that the vitriol he was receiving at the time was painting an unbalanced picture of him.

I don't insinuate Lakeyo, I remember the rather ludicrous statement, but not who wrote it. Otherwise I'd have named them, hence the somebody. I'm definitely not trawling through old posts to find it. I was merely highlighting the hyperbole surrounding JM.

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

That may have been me. It was with reference to his relationship with Sophie Taylor

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/beautiful-video-shows-should-love-15525881

Cool, no worries Rono. I remember him getting stick for acting the eejit in town and also remember someone ( maybe you ) describing him as a wonderful person. As usual I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between.