mccanary

I think I've had enough.

13 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I agree with the sterile atmosphere the current Barclay end is terrible compared to the support of yester year

Brings back memories of when you couldn't cut the atmosphere with a knife because nearly all smoked.

As a youngster at night games I remember watching the Swan Vestas striking up like glow worms in the dark constantly throughout the ninety minutes.

39 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Kind of agree... Just not the game I grew up loving... Atmosphere is so sterile these days, the traditional 3pm kick off getting fewer and fewer. The 6 hour round trip to a home game not helping. Will probably look to watching non league nearer to home next season..

It’s a 6 hour round trip for me too, used to do more away games, but that’s harder now!

1 hour ago, daly said:

Give up you ticket and you’ll probably  miss next seasons local derby 

.... only if the football authorities allow 1p5wich to skip a division 😉

18 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

So I go to my local rugby club virtually every other week and luckily I have only missed the Villa game because of clashes. In a sense I have the best of both worlds but watching the rugby I do see why footballers are perceived as a bunch of overpaid, underworked posers.

Don't think you can compare the two games. Football is full of artistry, individual breath taking skill and incredible speed at times.  Rugby isn't. 

I’ve had a ST since 1962, lost count of the number of times we’ve been promoted and relegated BUT I’ve never thought of giving it up.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Don't think you can compare the two games. Football is full of artistry, individual breath taking skill and incredible speed at times.  Rugby isn't. 

Seriously? We can all slag off sports we don’t like, but pretty much every one will have some of the elements you describe. There’s a lot of admire about competitive rugby that football could do with copying.

I gave up my season ticket a couple of years ago and in some ways I don't miss all the travel but I do miss it. I certainly feel far less connected to the club and football in general than I did when I was going every other week.

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hilarious stuff again, I’m sure Til will give you a like for it 

I had obviously been looking out for you in the wrong M&S Fenway as it had been suggested to me you were top man in the bakery at the city centre branch not a ' Jobsworth ' ( see what i did there ) at the food hall up by Asda. 😜

Anyway nice to meet you.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I had obviously been looking out for you in the wrong M&S Fenway as it had been suggested to me you were top man in the bakery at the city centre branch not a ' Jobsworth ' ( see what i did there ) at the food hall up by Asda. 😜

Anyway nice to meet you.

I wasn’t in my natural habitat today, didn’t mean to just walk off but I had to help a proper  customer 😉

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I wasn’t in my natural habitat today, didn’t mean to just walk off but I had to help a proper  customer 😉

I am a regular up there and have to say never spotted you before so maybe a longer chat another time.

On 11/12/2019 at 17:23, lake district canary said:

Can understand this up to a point, I lost interest in the general game of football quite a long time ago - when the silly money started coming in and the Premier League gravy train set off, with greed at the heart of it.  

I only take any kind of interest now because of NCFC and games/teams we are playing. If Norwich had sold out to some big time money merchant, I think I would have long ago lost interest in us too and it is only the family nature of the club that has kept me on board.  I think that if I lived in Norwich still, I would want to be involved though and I think you are lucky if you have the chance to go and see us every week. Even at a distance I can see how good our club is run and how it is so immersed in the community - and that counts for a huge amount in the scheme of things.

Just think of it as us against the world - the club that is bucking the trend by going down the sustainable route - we can be - and probably are - an inspiration to other clubs who likewise don't have vast amounts of money.  There is a lot more to the game of football than just money and NCFC is a breath of fresh air in the cynical world of "money, must have more money". 

I don't really care about the top clubs, who plays for them, how much they pay for their players etc etc.....it is just a numbers game. The real football happens lower down the game, where money is not such an issue. Well run clubs living within their means is the real world and we are at the forefront of that....long may it continue.  Salah, Rashford etc etc... yeah they score some class goals to be admired....but then we have seen some incredible goals too, over the years, all the better because they are scored by our players....Howson's volley, Holt's goals, Vrancic's free kicks, Pukki's goals etc etc. 

So just think what you might be missing if you give your season tickets up......you're lucky, you have the choice to go or not, when many of us don't.  Don't give it up lightly.

Surely as a football fan we support through thick and thin? I have supported city for 3 years here as i am new to the county, and i believe as a true supporter that we support the club, our club, to the final whistle and give our players the support they deserve. 

Just because we are struggling you don't just give up. Yes the change of match days is annoying but i for one wouldn't want to give up all the emotions i experience supporting this great family club.

8 hours ago, Harry53 said:

I have supported city for 3 years here as i am new to the county, 

I hope you know what a bishy barny bee is 

On 11/12/2019 at 15:54, mccanary said:

For over 30 years I've had a season ticket and missed very few games.  Over the last few seasons I've become more and more disillusioned with the game.....proportionate to the increasing stranglehold that tv and big money has on the game at this level.  Ridiculous kick off days and times and moving those kick offs without a thought for fans. Saturday 3 o'clock is football,  ( or 745 weds) not 430 Sunday  -( Or any time they feel like trying something else)

I'm completely fed up with the whole circus. Don't get me started on VAR and official bias towards the top teams.  

Two season tickets up for grabs in the barclay next season.  I'll keep chris company on the radio. 

I've sent you a message MC