Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

What must DF think?

After performing a huge miracle last season in getting a team built on a shoestring into the PL.

How must he feel about a board who have shown no real intend to support him in terms of financial support to truly improve the team.

It seems to me, and possibly to DF, that they once again expect him to work a similar miracle in keeping us up on a shoestring?

The gap between to top sides and the others in the PL has got much wider since our last brief visit.

Its clear that we are going to reap what the board deserve this season. I truly feel sorry for DF. No team on promotion to the so called promised land have spent so little. 

I’m sure DF will be head hunted at the end of this season, and who could blame him if he left?

I noticed a strong correlation between poster names of the form ‘xxxxxx Canary’ and miserablism (see Waveney, Highland) two seasons ago and I seem to remember Bradwell too. Not saying they are all the same poster and there are honourable exceptions but it did strike me as odd.

And to answer your question MY, what’s wrong is that Farke will not have any surprises about the situation we and he are in. He knew about where we were when he joined and I am very sure Webber didn’t sugar coat it in any way.

Edited by Nuff Said
Speeling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

It seems to me, and possibly to DF, that they once again expect him to work a similar miracle in keeping us up on a shoestring?

They expect us to get relegated, it was always the plan.

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

It's amazing how many different posters are making this point at the moment.  And how similar their postings styles are...

When things are looking glum people look for reasons why. Lack of investment is the biggest and most obvious elephant in the room to discuss.

57 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I noticed a strong correlation between poster names of the form ‘xxxxxx Canary’ and miserablism (see Waveney, Highland) two seasons ago and I seem to remember Bradwell too. Not saying they are all the same poster and there are honourable exceptions but it did strike me as odd.

And to answer your question MY, what’s wrong is that Farke will not have any surprises about the situation we and he are in. He knew about severe we were when he joined and I am very sure Webber didn’t sugar coat it in any way.

I remember that, about locationcanaries. I think DerbyCanary or similarly-named was another example.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I remember that, about locationcanaries. I think DerbyCanary or similarly-named was another example.

You’re quite right, that is a subtlety I didn’t point out. Clearly posters called ‘Colour’Canary are completely different. 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

And to answer your question MY, what’s wrong is that Farke will not have any surprises about the situation we and he are in. He knew about where we were when he joined and I am very sure Webber didn’t sugar coat it in any way.

Bit of a daft OP to be honest. If a man spent all his time working behind the scenes at CR, now into his third season, and only just realised/found out that we were not the richest club then I'd seriously question his intelligence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Oh Yeah, there's always an exception that proves the rule.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Bit of a daft OP to be honest. If a man spent all his time working behind the scenes at CR, now into his third season, and only just realised/found out that we were not the richest club then I'd seriously question his intelligence.

Of the OP?

Whatever he thinks, I imagine its in German so it won't mean anything to us unless you can speak German.

And does any football coach really care. Not including DF but most claim foul when sacked and then jump into the next job that comes along, while I assume, banking the payoff.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

CONSPIRACY!?? 

Ok , I'll bite. He's thinking...''.i have a good job.......i'm doing a good job......this job is tough....so am i. ......isnt it good to have the backing of the owners through this tough period until we are in a position to spend a few quid as well as bring through some of those decent young academy players we have................now, whats for dinner?''

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ok , I'll bite. He's thinking...''.i have a good job.......i'm doing a good job......this job is tough....so am i. ......isnt it good to have the backing of the owners through this tough period until we are in a position to spend a few quid as well as bring through some of those decent young academy players we have................now, whats for dinner?''

I think he’s more concerned about the cake for pudding

He’s probably thinking “Why are these fans whining, don’t they remember that Stuart Webber said we would have possibly the lowest transfer budget in the history of the Premiership, did they think he was joking”?

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh Yeah, there's always an exception that proves the rule.

We colourcanaries will be the judge of that...😎

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

We colourcanaries will be the judge of that...😎

And unless LDC is a sleeper  troll who is keeping it schtum  until  we win  the prem,  I reckon he's a  safe locationcanary too.

We’re actually close close to doing ok in the Premier League. Although some results have been disappointing the margins between losing and getting something out of the game have generally been quite small. 

Better second half to the season and who knows!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

We’re actually close close to doing ok in the Premier League. Although some results have been disappointing the margins between losing and getting something out of the game have generally been quite small. 

Better second half to the season and who knows!

An excellent post. There’s so much doom and gloom around at the moment, we seem to have forgotten/ignored that we are not normally being tonked, have a reasonable amount of possession in games, have shown we can keep a clean sheet, have options on the bench - and beat Man City! All hope actually should not be lost.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

An excellent post. There’s so much doom and gloom around at the moment, we seem to have forgotten/ignored that we are not normally being tonked, have a reasonable amount of possession in games, have shown we can keep a clean sheet, have options on the bench - and beat Man City! All hope actually should not be lost.

Well, as someone else on here very wisely quoted, “it’s not the despair, Laura. It’s not the despair.  it’s the hope I can’t stand” 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Well, as someone else on here very wisely quoted, “it’s not the despair, Laura. It’s not the despair.  it’s the hope I can’t stand” 😝

I didn’t see that, but was thinking about saying the same thing!

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I didn’t see that, but was thinking about saying the same thing!

And I feel the same about the election too. ☹️

• Sad 1

What about Lincoln Canary (aka Golden Coppell)? Bizarre Norwich/Reading fan hybrid. He absolutely loved a good old whinge.

• Thanks 1