Terminally Yellow

A critique of Daniel Farke

On 09/12/2019 at 06:11, Dean Coneys boots said:

Farke merits very little criticism. He is a fine manager who has been given a very poor hand to play. The risible investment in the squad this summer means he cannot change games much because swapping one lightweight midfielder for another when facing huge bullying units won’t achieve much. The biggest problem we have is being outmuscled in the middle and that is because you can’t spend as little as we did and be competitive. Poor bloke 

Dead right, he has lacked the financial support he deserves. A spend of around the £1m mark is utterly unbelievable. I for one feel sorry for working with one hand tied behind his back.

5 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

The fact we only lost a handful of games last season suggest Farke had little need to change games,  but you can also look at the number of late goals we scored to win points as plenty of examples of positive changes made.

Zonal marking annoys me, but most of our players are just rubbish in the air so regardless of zonal or man marking I think we would struggle

No idea about leitner but hes hardly done anything to warrant a regular start

There are examples of last season of not being able to turn around games, though. And let's not forget that first season, which quite frankly, had plenty of examples of bad practice that were left unaddressed.

My criticism of Farke is not the mistakes that are made but rather the inability to address them. Why not try man marking? Why is Patrick Roberts not even given a go? Why is Moritz Leitner "a genius" but cannot get in a match squad? 

Like I said - there may be good reasons that I as a fan looking from afar simply don't get. But it does leave me with questions.