Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Throwing Farke under a bus

I understand we lost £35 million last season and this affected our expenditure in the summer. However, losing games builds pressure. It seems to be (understandably) getting to Farke, who is beginning to look strained and burdened. 

Rational mindedness would suggest we're doing how we could be expected to, considering the lack of investment. What we don't want is to lose a coach who has had his hands tied throughout his time at Norwich. Someone that has got on with it when others would have felt a greater injustice. I believe he, perhaps, could improve us defensively, even with the players we have. Maybe the youngsters in the back four have to learn. The defence is something we have struggled with for a very long time though, predating his time at the club. The second half today hinted at how fragile confidence is right now.

What I hope is Farke doesn't crack as he had been put in a super difficult position, ever since he joined us. It's unfair to expect miracles from him.

I think we have had miracles from him. It's probably unfair to expect more. But while he was performing his miracles plenty were calling for his head. So he'll know what's coming...

Farke can only deal with the material he has got and has largely performed a miracle.

Some of that material he is working with however is not Premiership class.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam72 said:

It's your board who is throwing likable Farke under a bus. He has been done up like a kipper poor bloke. He will also take most of the flak for a poor season and relegation. I really tried to hammer this point home. It's a total disgrace spending just 2 million in the Premier league. It's bordering on criminality and shouldn't be allowed.

When that transfer window closed in August you lot should have gone mental at your clubs lack of  ambition. You didn't. Must swallowed the pill about giving kids a chance when in reality it was about lining pockets.

Lining who's pockets? 

Most of the fans on here are a savvy lot. They know what happens to the money. The only pockets that are lined are through wages.

Where do you think this money goes?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adam72 said:

It's your board who is throwing likable Farke under a bus. He has been done up like a kipper poor bloke. He will also take most of the flak for a poor season and relegation. I really tried to hammer this point home. It's a total disgrace spending just 2 million in the Premier league. It's bordering on criminality and shouldn't be allowed.

When that transfer window closed in August you lot should have gone mental at your clubs lack of  ambition. You didn't. Most swallowed the pill about giving kids a chance when in reality it was about lining pockets.

Why are you still here? Clearly not a Brighton fan that’s for sure

Just now, adam72 said:

Where do you think the 100 million is going and 2 years of parachute money on top ? 

Isn't that the question I just asked you?

4 minutes ago, adam72 said:

Where do you think the 100 million is going and 2 years of parachute money on top ? 

Brighton had a game this afternoon - apparently it was quite an entertaining 2-2 draw. Your obsession with us seems a little bit weird and rather unhealthy. 

8 minutes ago, adam72 said:

It's a total disgrace spending just 2 million in the Premier league. It's bordering on criminality and shouldn't be allowed.

When that transfer window closed in August you lot should have gone mental at your clubs lack of  ambition. You didn't. Most swallowed the pill about giving kids a chance when in reality it was about lining pockets.

I've got a sneaky feeling that the big idea behind not spending money is to fund building a new stand at Carrow Road (the tiny embarrassing one that everybody sees on the telly). 

Now not spending on transfers for a couple of windows to help fund stadium redevelopment wasn't called "criminal" when Spurs did it, so it shouldn't be when a newly promoted team does it.

In fact I'd consider that admirable long-term thinking, if it was the case. 

Webber stated it had been urinated up the wall.  Which is what will happen once Webber decides that this embarrassment is enough.  A promotion push next season looks highly unlikely with our shell shocked troops.  PL survival forget it out of our depth.

I've already said where the money is going. If you choose to ignore that then there's little point discussing it further.

While we are at it, if you and others are thinking you will spend money in January then you need to wake up. That isn't happening in a million years . A loan or two and that's about it. The phone will be switched off until the window is shut.

No you didn't. You just made a vacuous comment about lining pockets.

If you want to know what I'm thinking it's that I love you posting on here just for the fun of seeing if one of our more regular halfwits agrees with you...

• Haha 1

Well see who is the halfwit come May. I won't come on here to rub your nose in it though. I'm not like that. 

I'll let others judge that. Someone mentioned about saving the money for redevelopment of Carrow Rd ? I honestly laugh and choked on my coffee. Can't believe how some came be so naive.

Happy Christmas Nutty i'm off. You know fall well most of what i've written is the truth. Many don't like it and have blocked me for it. THat says it all. 

Evening

Adam

You're apparently a Brighton fan yet you were active on our forum whilst you were playing Wolves. I've not blocked you because your posts are actually quite relevant. In that you're an online troll / parody yet your posts are the same as some apparent 'actual' Norwich fans. 

Well see who is the halfwit come May. I won't come on here to rub your nose in it though. I'm not like that. 

I'll let others judge that. Someone mentioned about saving the money for redevelopment of Carrow Rd ? I honestly laugh and coked on my coffee. Can't believe how some came be so naive.

Happy Christmas Nutty i'm off. You know fall well most of what i've written is the truth. Many don't like it and have blocked me for it. THat says it all. 

Evening

Adam

Happy Christmas Ads. 

I doubted the new stand until I saw the one we have looks embarrassing on the telly. Now I think it may be built.

10 minutes ago, adam72 said:

Well see who is the halfwit come May. I won't come on here to rub your nose in it though. I'm not like that

Oh but you are Adam . Of course you are . 
It takes a certain type to do what you do .

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, adam72 said:

I'll let others judge that. Someone mentioned about saving the money for redevelopment of Carrow Rd ? I honestly laugh and choked on my coffee. Can't believe how some can be so naive.

Happy Christmas Nutty i'm off. You know fall well most of what i've written is the truth. Many eejits don't like it and have blocked me for it. That says it all. 

Evening

Adam

Adam we get 27000 sell out every game whichever league we're in. Brighton would dream of that!

So expanding the capacity of our ground is sensible considering our fan base. Its not going to recede even if we go down. 

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Adam we get 27000 sell out every game whichever league we're in. Brighton would dream of that!

So expanding the capacity of our ground is sensible considering our fan base. Its not going to recede even if we go down. 

He isn’t a Brighton fan. He’s either a Norwich fan on a bizarre wind up or an Ipswich fan that can’t come on here as an Ipswich fan for the obvious reasons

30 minutes ago, adam72 said:

have blocked me for it.

An entirely unrelated question; how do you block someone? Not that I had anyone particular - not really a Brighton fan on a windup - in mind, obviously.

I've got a few of the usual suspects blocked for a long time but I can't remember how to do it?

Just now, All the Germans said:

An entirely unrelated question; how do you block someone? Not that I had anyone particular - not really a Brighton fan on a windup - in mind, obviously.

I've got a few of the usual suspects blocked for a long time but I can't remember how to do it?

Just found this out. Is in the account settings

I’m not an expert but a lot has been made of the loss last year. It would have been made worse by the fact that promotion bonuses were paid in the last financial year without any income from the promotion that will come this year. Also the interest payments and repayments for the Colney Loan? Have I got that right ? If I have the loss is artificially high - caused by a promotion the benefits of which are accounted for this financial year? 

As for Farke he worked miracles last year . Some of the best football I have ever seen at CR. He will be well paid now - he hung out for a good contract for many months . I wouldn’t worry too much about Farke - he is a pro - earning good money with a good CV. He will be fine . Certainly not at Norwich for ever as he like all the others  . will follow the opportunities. That’s what professional football folk do. 

1 hour ago, adam72 said:

**** off binner ! Just because Lambert is ****ing up your dreams it’s pointless coming on here. 

I blocked Binner Adam ages ago - but posters keep quoting him . Ignore him. It’s way past his bedtime , and his Mum doesn’t like him playing with the other kids on the Chantry Estate so he doesn’t get out much. 

I am starting to wonder if we are running a real risk of losing a talented manager through sheer frustration. Yes, DF knows the game plan, but if he feels his hands are being tied in a way that potentially undermines his reputation as a manager then he may himself choose to leave, as he may get fed up with not being able to work in a way that allows him to give the job his best shot. I have no doubt that if money was not an option, then what a side he would build! He has worked miracles so far, and I have the upmost respect for him. If Arsenal had any sense, then they’d be waving a big carrot in front of Daniel. I’m all for us saving money to protect the clubs future, but there must be a balance - at the moment it feels a little skewed. 

If he now takes us on a run and keeps us up, he probably won't be here much longer. One of the foreign owned clubs will drop into the mire (WHU?) and look for a new coach.

He obviously was aware that the money to spend was little and accepted that although we don't know whether he made any demands of the board. It must be very frustrating for Webber as well as he would be the one involved in recruitment.

It is what it is unfortunately and I think even the most loyal must be disappointed.