Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Well that was(Fill in the blank)

Gutless.

We make things so bloody easy for other teams. 

At the throw in before the equaliser,  3 times Byram shouted at Hernandez to get tight to his man, 3 fecking times,  and did he? No, he stood 5 yards off him.

He hardly covered himself in glory with the build up to 2nd goal either. 

I'm not making him the scapegoat tho, as the majority of the team are weak, and we are simply the worst team in the league.

And VAR can **** off too

...all too familiar unfortunately.

Sheff Utd came out 2nd half quicker to press, quicker to attack and simply stifled our midfield.

We were too slow to press and when one went no one else supported. One of our key strengths of last season has gone backwards 

Demoralising. Had the game in our hands and hit the self destruct button

We played superbly well in the first half, they barely had a chance and we completely dominated them.

Unfortunately, to win matches at this level you need to perform for 90 minutes. We're clearly not capable of doing that at the moment, and it's all the more galling to look at a Sheffield United side with pretty much the same team as last season flying high in the top half of the table.

Still, this is the hand we've been dealt, and we've got to stick with Farke come what may. Today I think he picked the right team, and made the right substitutions at the right times, and we still weren't good enough to get anything from the game.

All we can do now is try to keep our heads held high - as a team and as a fanbase - and hope that something remarkable happens in the second half of the season. And, if it doesn't, know that we have a manager who's won the Championship before and a club that's not overstretched itself financially in a vain attempt to stay up. Tough times ahead, but such is life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 08/12/2019 at 16:27, glory.win or die. said:

Gutless.

We make things so bloody easy for other teams. 

At the throw in before the equaliser,  3 times Byram shouted at Hernandez to get tight to his man, 3 fecking times,  and did he? No, he stood 5 yards off him.

He hardly covered himself in glory with the build up to 2nd goal either. 

I'm not making him the scapegoat tho, as the majority of the team are weak, and we are simply the worst team in the league.

And VAR can **** off too

Byram was even more to blame than Hernandez in my opinion. Byram is the left back. He was stood in no mans land - not marking anybody. If he had gone out to mark the thrower Hernandez wouldn't have found himself outnumbered 2 to 1 out there. (Generally I thought Byram had a good game, but this was a big error).