Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the lies of Norwich city Football club!

There''s also the point that we were very much led to beleive that Ashton wouldn''t be going for less than 8mil. Now, you don''t need to be called Albert to realise that 7.25 mil isn''t 8 mil. The thing that I am saddened about the most is that we couldn''t be the vehicle for his ambitions. If we were in Reading''s position right now I think he''d''ve stayed but Worthy seems to have undone pretty much everything he did right 2 season''s ago. Realistically this club, with its 26000 home attendances should be looking to emulate Wigan & West Ham, not Sunderland (sorry Mackams), Leicester or Forest.

The Board may have budgeted for a mid-table Championship finish but us fans want to budget for a mid-table Prem finish. Surely that was demonstrated by our excellent away support amd the cash that was stumped up the share option. Do the investors get a return on that now?

I just can''t believe how naive supporters (not only of this club, but most throughout the land) can be.

Norwich City Football Club is a business. FACT

Businesses are there to make profit. FACT

Business deals are NOT done in public. FACT

Add to those three facts some Managerial rules:

1. Employ personnel who strive to better themselves AND the team.

2. Build your team, as a team, not around individuals within that team.

3. The team is more important than the individual.

With the above in mind, we have done some astute business. Sold for a profit (because we didn''t negotiate in public!)

Ashton strove to better himself and, fair play to him, went to better himself whilst making the business a profit.

Reading and Sheffield Utd occupy the top two spaces in the championship; Do they have superstars? NO!

They have squads who play for the team, not themselves.

Below the top two are Leeds and Watford; still can''t see any superstars there, can see lots of team players though!

The point I''m trying to make is:

Don''t be surprised if the ''best'' players are sold.

Don''t be disappointed either, because if it betters the TEAM, then the TEAM can only get better.

Proof of what I''m saying may possibly manifest itself at Reading, but definitely will against Ipswich!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Ok Squit and A1

http://new.edp24.co.uk/search/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&itemid=NOED08%20Jan%202006%2014:53:01:487&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=search

http://new.edp24.co.uk/search/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&itemid=NOED08%20Jan%202006%2014:53:01:487&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=search

http://new.edp24.co.uk/search/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&itemid=NOED05%20Jan%202006%2017:46:42:450&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=search

now kindly shut up chaps eh [;)]

im afraid that the mediums of Technology dont allow me to record Radio Norfolk... Give me a bit more time and i will get everything on the BBC football site and evening news 24 if you want....

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas, look at the dates, these quotes are nearly  two weeks old, how do you know that they were not true at the time?

Congratulations to the board for an excellent piece of business. They have made a whopping sum of money from a player we all knew was destined for greater things. Remeber we won promotion without any stars, just as Reading and Sheffield United are doing this time round.

YellowHammer

The clubs statements, and the one on Sat in particular pre match, are meticulously worded and at no stage have they told a lie.   Neil D is a consumate persuasive communicator but in every direct communication I have had, I leave with an immediate sense of things will be ok and are being handled effectively but later realise my question has not been answered and the issue deflected.

I do not expect much else to be honest - I am only a fan and am not entitled to have the inner workings of the club revealed to me but I do start to get the feeling that while the club have NOT lied they have, as Bill Clinton may comment, been economical with the truth.  This only builds a lack of trust.  Communication is a two way thing and if the receiver hears something different it is the information giver than needs to clarify the undersatnding is accurate before things go sour.

The club will survive, it will recover, it will move on and the transfer is good news on many levels for both the player and the club, but the saga could probably have been handled better.   

And yet on the front page of todays Pinkun Website.. Neil Doncaster comes out and says "we have been discussing a deal with West ham for the past 2 weeks" so that knocks ur theory on the head eh Squit????

This proves that the club maybe havent been honest then have they.. for 2 weeks they told us "no one has been in contact over ashton" "Dean ashton is not for sale" "dean ashton isnt going"....

Lie''s, economical with the truth, a "business deal" call it what you like.. fact of the matter is Doncaster has summed up in 1 sentance what the club have meticulously denied and said wont happen over the past 2 weeks

jas :)

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

Congratulations to the board for an excellent piece of business. They have made a whopping sum of money from a player we all knew was destined for greater things. Remeber we won promotion without any stars, just as Reading and Sheffield United are doing this time round.

YellowHammer

[/quote]

yeah but can you see us winning promotion with Andy Hughes, Dickson Etuhu and Jason Jarrett in midfield!!

keep ''em coming? you do that jas - you have still failed to back up

your accusations that the club has lied. none of your ''sources'' contain

any lies and prove nothing. don''t back down to ''misled'' or whatever,

you have openly accused the club of lying, you have failed entirely to

substantiate this with anything other than links to news stories, and

if you were a journalist writing or broadcasting, the club would have

issued you with a writ by now.  maybe pinkun should insist on full

registrations, full names on the board and make personal details

available to the club - maybe that would make you think a bit more

before you go throwing unfounded accusations around. this is what i

have issue with, not that, in the wheeler dealer world of the transfer

window, the club may have had to be misleading so as not to reveal its

hand. but there have been no lies and it is mischevious to say so.

as al capone would say, "you got nothin, i tell ya, nothin!"

you''d have a better chance of geting them on tax evasion!

its so frustrating being a norwich fan, dean signed a contract extension that was obv a fix to make the fans think, we show such a lack of ambition, we proved last year we can compete with most team in the prem! and we green throwing his shirt i can only fear the worst,and regards worthy and sum of his signing''s i dread tothink andy gray of sunderland is rubbish, earnshaw please

Ashton signed a contract extension:

1). Because the club wanted a crack at promotion and invested hugely in him to lead it. He then proceeded to miss penalties and open goals early doors.

2). Beacuse with a longer contract the Club was in a position to make more from a sale.

3). Because at the time Ashton wanted to.

As for Doncaster, he is a Solicitor so knows how to pick his words.

If you don''t want to hear formula answers they stop asking stupid questions. Just speculate on the message board and judge outcomes after they happen based on all the information.

What happens next is the main issue.

[quote user="a1canary"]

Jas, you''re talking out of your hat. You''re making up rubbish to support your hysterical outbursts and i suggest you stop it because all you are doing is slandering the club. Your ''lies'' are fanciful fairy tales bouncing around in your head.

"last night it was "no one has come in for ashton, he isn''t going.. we have had no contact"

Where on earth did you get that from? Nowhere, you just made it up! The precise words from yesterday''s statement, prior to today''s announcement were:
“As and when there is anything to report we will report it. As of yet there is nothing.”
That''s as in, nothing to report because a deal has yet to be struck even if it is likely to go through. The club doesn''t have to and shouldn''t reveal that a deal is being discussed before it has been finalised. There are no lies there.

"if you have a groin strain u dont pass a medical to leave the club.... simple as!"

Another made up quote. He has yet to take a medical, even now, let alone after the west ham cup game. A fee has been agreed and the boy has agreed terms. A medical will take place in time for him to be unveiled at their game v Fulham, assuming he passes it. Those are the facts. FACTS, you should try them some time!

As Squit indicates, you really should avoid putting down what''s in your head in quotations. You should have noticed over the last month that all the comments made about ashton have been very carefully made, with statements like, and i''m paraphrasing here "no offer has been received" or later on, once the offers had come in, "no offer has been received that is of interest to Norwich City Football Club."

[/quote]

Fact is, Neil Doncaster said on SKy Sports sunday morning they have been in contact with West Ham for 2 weeks discussing the move, and all the while they were telling us that Deano was going nowhere.  I have never had a bad word to say about the board until now and I am not too happy with how this has happened.

Neil Adams Said a month ago that he was 99% certain that Deano was going to move, he obviously was in the no that Deano wanted to leave.  I feel he has been playing not ''100% fit'' for much of this season.

And Fact - NW said it would take SILLY MONEY to prise deano away, is 7 million silly money? NO that is about his value, no more no less, we turned doen 6.7 million in the summer so NO that isnt SILLY MONEY.  what we pay for Jerome, that will be silly money - if he wants to come that is!!!!