Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the lies of Norwich city Football club!

2 weeks ago.. "dean Ashton has a thigh strain"

Neil Adams appears on Radio Norfolk and says "i havent seen Dean limping at all"

After the game (ironically vs West ham... the deal had been done then.. formalitites wrre completed this week) the club come out and say "Ashton has a groin strain.. we dont know how long he will be out.. we have Proof!"

if you have a groin strain u dont pass a medical to leave the club.... simple as!

the club (Doomcaster) come out and say "no one has been in contact over dean ashton" for the past few weeks... this clearly wasnt true.. considering Harry Redknapp came out and said in the paper he was QUOTED 7 million by Norwich....

Doomcaster says yesterday "we havent received any bids for dean Ashton.. noone has met our valuation.. h isnt going anywhere..." well whoops Neil.. u put ur foot in it there didnt you!

the 2 biggest lies at this club were told last night and in the summer.. in the summer it was "we dont have to sell our best players" last night it was "no one has come in for ashton, he isn''t going.. we have had no contact"

well this club has lied to us from the start "prudence and ambition" my rear end.. it seems everything Doncaster and Worthington have come out with in recent weeks have been Bluff...

Do the club think we are all idiots?????? we ALL KNEW deano was off.. and the club have made themselves look stupid by lying to us over it....

Im fully expecting more cock and bull to come out.. something along the lines of "this bid took place yesterday" which doesnt explain the injury "proof" does it????

if deano was injured he wouldnt be at west ham now...

Doncaster shoudl stop talking such Rubbish! as should Worthy.. if this is the dishonesty at Carrow road then they should all go!

jas :)

I support this post through and through. I wish the club could be more honest. People talk about smoke screens and mirrors.

NONESENSE.

It''s what my old gran would have called "Lies, blatant lies."

Well we all know what happened to the girl who cried wolf.

Spot on that man . And was anybody watching sky sports news this morning , it came up Norwich boss Nigel Worthington denies Ashton and Green are leaving the club in the January transfer widow , then about 60 seconds later Norwich agree fee with West Ham . We are nothing but fools and the club is a complete laughing stock.

Jas, if you look closely Ashton has agred term "subject to a medical" and is expected to be unveiled before the Fulham game tomorrow. So groin strain or not - and I believe he hasn''t beeen fit for most of the season - the terms have been agreed prior to a medical.

As for the lies well somethings have to stay in the board room and can not be public knowledge this is just normal business practice.

Believe me I am gutted that Deano''s gone but I was also gutted at the sales of Sutton, Bellamy,Eadie etc. But we the fans are still here and will be long after the "hired help" have gone.

Now it all depends on what happens next.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Neil Adams appears on Radio Norfolk and says "i havent seen Dean limping at all"

After the game (ironically vs West ham... the deal had been done then.. formalitites wrre completed this week) the club come out and say "Ashton has a groin strain.. we dont know how long he will be out.. we have Proof!"

if you have a groin strain u dont pass a medical to leave the club.... simple as!

the club (Doomcaster) come out and say "no one has been in contact over dean ashton" for the past few weeks... this clearly wasnt true.. considering Harry Redknapp came out and said in the paper he was QUOTED 7 million by Norwich....

Doomcaster says yesterday "we havent received any bids for dean Ashton.. noone has met our valuation.. h isnt going anywhere..." well whoops Neil.. u put ur foot in it there didnt you!

the 2 biggest lies at this club were told last night and in the summer.. in the summer it was "we dont have to sell our best players" last night it was "no one has come in for ashton, he isn''t going.. we have had no contact"

well this club has lied to us from the start "prudence and ambition" my rear end.. it seems everything Doncaster and Worthington have come out with in recent weeks have been Bluff...

Do the club think we are all idiots?????? we ALL KNEW deano was off.. and the club have made themselves look stupid by lying to us over it....

Im fully expecting more cock and bull to come out.. something along the lines of "this bid took place yesterday" which doesnt explain the injury "proof" does it????

Doncaster shoudl stop talking such Rubbish! as should Worthy.. if this is the dishonesty at Carrow road then they should all go!

[/quote]

Jas, you can''t just put quotes around what you think he said, what media did they come from?

Squit... Radio Norfolk, Neil Adams, the EDP, Evening news, this Very site and bbc.co.uk/football

im not in the business of Slander

Jas, you''re talking out of your hat. You''re making up rubbish to support your hysterical outbursts and i suggest you stop it because all you are doing is slandering the club. Your ''lies'' are fanciful fairy tales bouncing around in your head.

"last night it was "no one has come in for ashton, he isn''t going.. we have had no contact"

Where on earth did you get that from? Nowhere, you just made it up! The precise words from yesterday''s statement, prior to today''s announcement were:
“As and when there is anything to report we will report it. As of yet there is nothing.”
That''s as in, nothing to report because a deal has yet to be struck even if it is likely to go through. The club doesn''t have to and shouldn''t reveal that a deal is being discussed before it has been finalised. There are no lies there.

"if you have a groin strain u dont pass a medical to leave the club.... simple as!"

Another made up quote. He has yet to take a medical, even now, let alone after the west ham cup game. A fee has been agreed and the boy has agreed terms. A medical will take place in time for him to be unveiled at their game v Fulham, assuming he passes it. Those are the facts. FACTS, you should try them some time!

As Squit indicates, you really should avoid putting down what''s in your head in quotations. You should have noticed over the last month that all the comments made about ashton have been very carefully made, with statements like, and i''m paraphrasing here "no offer has been received" or later on, once the offers had come in, "no offer has been received that is of interest to Norwich City Football Club."

Squit... Radio Norfolk, Neil Adams, the EDP, Evening news, this Very site and bbc.co.uk/football

im not in the business of Slander

[/quote]

OK, repeat each one and reference where they came from.

Dear oh dear A1!!!! i have just listed the sources for christs sake!!!! im sure someone else will back me up...

hysterical rants??? well thats for u to think mate but do uu like having your intelligence insulted by the board???? are you REALLY happy with the way things have gone over the past 12 months.. are you happy with the direction the club is going???

if you answer yes then you, my friend, do not have the bet interests of the club at heart....

This club is going backwards... as was said by someone last week with chase you knew what to expect.. with this board its been a wolf in sheeps clothing.

do you listen to Radio Norfolk??? if so then you will be able to pin point EXACTLY where one of my quotes came from....

As for ashtons medical... Pardew isnt an idiot... he knows if Dean ashton is injured he fails a medical... er go why bother with the bid and the transfer in the first place?

and surely saying "no offer has been made that is of interest..." is either

1. Talking up offers

2. Talking up HIGHER offers

or

3. Lying and misleading fans by saying "no offers interest us".... i could go back through the archives on EDP24 and EEN 24 and pull up every single quote about Ashton over the past 3 weeks.. but i have a life and havent got time to do that... Suffice to say you have a very selective memory

Yesterday Doncaster said there was no truth whatsoever in the rumours we had done a deal with West Ham - BLATANT LIE . After the game Worthington said there had been no bids  accepted - BLATANT LIE . If you people want to pretend the club have not treated you like mugs thats fair enough , but every Norwich City fan has been lied to by this disgrace of a Board.

and hysterical rants they shall remain. you have entirely failed to back them up, and you can retreat into the "i have a life so i can''t be bothered to look them up" argument if you like, but if you''re going to come up with this stuff you have to be prepared to back it up, life or no life.

those "quotes" of yours that i''ve highlighted in green are wrong and you know it.

oh and you''re backtracking on the bit about him having already had a medical now are you? a moment ago he''d passed one, now he''s obviously not going to have taken one when he''s injured. he wouldn''t fail a medical, to the extent that the move would be stoppoed, just because of a groin strain for goodness sake! you''re desperate to see a conspiracy in everything aren''t you!

and you''re doing it again, turning the quotes round for your own advantage - "no offers interest us" was not the context in which the statements were made - it was "we have not received any offers that interest us". There''s a difference. Try and pick up the subtleties of the language used in these statements, the ones that were actually made that is, because they are clearly going over your head.

and for the record, of course i''m not happy with the way things have gone, but ranting and raving about lies and betrayals that are nothing but figments of people''s imaginations helps no-one, least of all the club. If anyone should be questioning whether they have the club''s best interests at heart, it should be you. Do you honestly think that NW or ND or DS and the board DON''T have the club''s best interests ar heart? 

"3. Lying and misleading fans by saying "no offers interest us".... i could go back through the archives on EDP24 and EEN 24 and pull up every single quote about Ashton over the past 3 weeks.. but i have a life and havent got time to do that... Suffice to say you have a very selective memory"

I think you should because then you''d realise that the qoutes you''ve attributed to him are wrong just as you are wrong on the ''can''t pass a medical if you are injured'' issue.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas, you can''t just put quotes around what you think he said, what media did they come from?

Press conference after the west ham game, m8

[/quote]

On Sky Sports this morning Doncaster said that negotiations had been ongoing in private for some time, despite the club insisting to us the fans that nothing was going on.

As for Ashtons quote''s and 2 of the transfer clauses, £125000 for an England Appearance, and another £125000 if West Ham get in to European Competition, the player saying WHU are a big club- that''s straight out of the footballers book of handy quotes.  Next one will be "They''re a sleeping giant"

I really feel for anyone who splashed out last Christmas on an Ashton shirt for their kids, well and truly done out of their hard earned cash.

If we get Jerome or McSheffrey, we''d better get promotion or it''ll be the same next January. 

This is going to be 1995-96 all over again.

[quote user="premier1"]Yesterday Doncaster said there was no truth whatsoever in the rumours we had done a deal with West Ham - BLATANT LIE . After the game Worthington said there had been no bids  accepted - BLATANT LIE . If you people want to pretend the club have not treated you like mugs thats fair enough , but every Norwich City fan has been lied to by this disgrace of a Board.[/quote]

The deal was done at 18:00hrs, the bid was accepted at 18:00hrs, when they were speaking they were not lying. You can''t argue with the facts.

as i understand it the deal was agreed after 7 pm Worthy had done his interview by then.(no lie there) Doncaster''s statement was earlier in the day (no lie there) the only thing that the club did not do was say that "the club is in negotiation with West Ham that might or might not lead to a possible transfer of Dean Ashton for a fee not yet agreed subject to agreement between Player, agent, West Ham and Norwich City. oh yes and a Medical! "  Get real! that is not how it is done

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="premier1"]Yesterday Doncaster said there was no truth whatsoever in the rumours we had done a deal with West Ham - BLATANT LIE . After the game Worthington said there had been no bids  accepted - BLATANT LIE . If you people want to pretend the club have not treated you like mugs thats fair enough , but every Norwich City fan has been lied to by this disgrace of a Board.[/quote]

The deal was done at 18:00hrs, the bid was accepted at 18:00hrs, when they were speaking they were not lying. You can''t argue with the facts.

[/quote]

Squit stop splitting hairs and acting like a prat.

Deal is done, he''s going, deal''s been going on, we have been lied to.

Ashton, our one chance of promotion this season, is gone.

Mid-table obscurity from now on.

WILL YOU STOP ACTING LIKE PETULANT CHILDREN AND REALISE THIS CLUB IS GOING BACKWARDS!

I think the point here is that, while they weren''t exactly lies, the club clearly was not being straight with the fans.

When Doncaster made his statement yesterday, the deal would have been

very, very close to being closed.  You don''t just make a quick

phone call and seal a £7M deal at 18:00hrs.  It takes days

(probably weeks) of prior negotiations.

That''s what hurts - being treated like idiots.  I know it''s part

of football today, but that doesn''t mean I have to like it and simply

take it withoutn having a right good moan.

[quote user="premier1"]They mave have crossed the t,s and dotted the i,s at 7 but it was done long before that , the Norwich City  Board are a downright disgrace , bring back Robert Chase .[/quote]

You know that for a fact then? and by the way robert chase is NOT the answer now any more than he was the answer then!!

so your telling me by the time the game ended up to 7 Pm last night that:

West ham made a bid for Dean Ashton, the club accepted it, Dean Ashton then went all the way down to upton park to look round, speak to alan pardew, sign a contract, and agree to join West ham all in 1 hour and 15 minutes????

In the middle of all this the club have a meeting with Deano and Worthy to sort it all out, they agree on the phone to Pardews demands and send Dean packing...

Look at the facts all u KTF''ers! NO transfer deal in history has been done in an hour.. Ahstons was no different...

I doubt theyd of said "dean.. West ham are interested.. heres a high speed helicopter that can get u to the Boleyn in something short of 20 minutes.. dont chat to pardew though or meet ur agent just sign and jump in the copter back"

Rediculous!

I think Squit/Dicky is very close to the club in some way.

This deal has been done and dusted for a long time.

I think we should use the money to show Worthy the door.

so your telling me by the time the game ended up to 7 Pm last night that:

West ham made a bid for Dean Ashton, the club accepted it, Dean Ashton then went all the way down to upton park to look round, speak to alan pardew, sign a contract, and agree to join West ham all in 1 hour and 15 minutes????

In the middle of all this the club have a meeting with Deano and Worthy to sort it all out, they agree on the phone to Pardews demands and send Dean packing...

Look at the facts all u KTF''ers! NO transfer deal in history has been done in an hour.. Ahstons was no different...

I doubt theyd of said "dean.. West ham are interested.. heres a high speed helicopter that can get u to the Boleyn in something short of 20 minutes.. dont chat to pardew though or meet ur agent just sign and jump in the copter back"

Rediculous!

[/quote]

No. because that is not what happened, Ashton traveled down today AFTER city had agreed a fee. He then sorted out his terms with them and will have a medical in the morning.He has NOT signed yet

Ashton had known that West ham were interested and told the club he wanted to go. On saturday City agreed the best deal they could get. Ashton will sign Monday (he has not signed yet)

The FACT as you put it is that no DEAL has been signed only a Fee agreed and yes that bit COULD have been done in 75 min

Please think before you write such stuff

I think people are rather talking with their hearts rather than their heads here - they are obviously disappointed to lose Ashton, but cannot cope so are lashing out a bit. 

I do not feel that the Club, be it the Board or the Manager, has lied to the supporters; at times it may not have told the complete truth, but this was for very good reasonsm, and is what the real world is like.  It does not revolve around Norwich City (much as it should!!), and deals are not and should not be conducted in public - this is just sensible for all parties involved.  

It also seems to miss the point that selling Ashton for £7m+ is just not bad business by any shakes.  When I read the news I was disappointed but the more I think about it the less I think it as a problem: we made £4m+ profit in 1 year, he had only scored 10 in 28 this season, and was clearly not in the form we''d hoped (+seems prone to strains).  We now have a £5.5m pot to get 3 good players in try to kick-start our season and get into the play-offs, which is still not beyond us.  For me, the more I think about it, we have gone from having no chance yesterday to having a better chance today.

I can only imagine jas and co. have never conducted a significant business negotiation in their lives. Had they done so, they would realise that  Doncaster and the board, as ever, played this one just right.Publicly "telling the truth" during a sensitive negotiation reveals to the other party every strength and weakness of your negotiating position, which in case you weren''t aware, is a BAD thing.Even admitting to the fans (i.e. public) that we were negotiating with West Ham would have been stupid. Had the deal fallen through for whatever reason we would have sent a signal to other clubs that we were now desperate to sell, weakening our negotiating position with another buyer.I for one am immensely glad that our board conduct their business shrewdly and discreetly which ensures that, when players decide they want to leave, we get the absolute best price for them we possibly can.