Jim Smith

"Delighted with how everything is going at Carrow Road"

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I was thinking about the AGM and "Factgate" with Ben Kensell and a poster from here🙃

There's a few around  alreet. 

On 08/12/2019 at 10:21, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's be honest, I doubt Delia would tell the media anything else even if she is sick of Webber or hates Farke's guts. Comments like this are completely meaningless.

Agreed.

And, being honest......for all of you crying yourself to sleep at night over something you have no control over.....just keep in mind that your pillow is wet -for some of you it will be your mattress- over what is truly a first-world problem.

Put things in perspective and enjoy the ride. Yes, it will suck on occasion and other times, it will bring you great joy. Kinda like marriage really.

But, being honest....get over yourselves. I heard a story today from a six year old girl about how her and her mother had to hide behind a sofa while the mother called the police on her father who was drunk and destroying the house. And that was one of the better stories.

So please, for all of you just moaning because you have nothing better to do in your life than act like NCFC is literally the life blood of your existence.....get real. Be grateful that you have a team to support and that you are actually able to support them! Be grateful for the time you have to feel the ups and downs of such an amazing club!

And for all of you sad losers and quitters who lack the fortitude and gratitude and have nothing better to do than moan about the ownership, or lack of spending, or the lack of ambition, or what ever it is that feeds your bottomless well of self-pity, go find a large empty space and stay there.

I for one whole heartedly support the one and only team I have ever known; NCFC! Through thick AND thin; good AND bad. ZERO exceptions. And, personally, I’m loving every minute of it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Like 3

"So please, for all of you just moaning because you have nothing better to do in your life than act like NCFC is literally the life blood of your existence.....get real."

You miss the point Mr. CP.

You could say the same about our reactions to  every one of life's little set backs, such a situation that you mention and with regards to all of the world's evils.

It's the "there's always someone worse off" syndrome so we therefore have to accept what we are given without concern or complaint.

It doesn't work that way. People who walk around with the problems of the world on their shoulders achieve nothing.

Supporting a football team with enthusiasm and (even) pettiness is not supposed to be a means of ignoring such problems but more a useful distraction and a brief escape that enables us to come to terms with them more readily and therefore better prepares us to deal with them more effectively. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, daly said:

Loser

I keep trying to have these kind of discussions with those whose political arguments are different to mine, but then they make use of their encyclopaedic understanding of history and political theory which vastly outweighs mine. When combined with this sort of erudition and wit I just don’t stand a chance.

I guess I’ll have to head back on my own to the land of facts, logic and reality...

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Of course not. It's a free country; if this sentiment is so strong, why don't you do something about it rather than just posting ridiculous rhetoric on a message board about investors being 'shot on sight'? This is the problem with the 'Delia out' campaign; they don't have the guts to do anything about it other than just post oversimplified crap on an internet message board.

Organise a protest outside the ground? Get some fliers printed? Mobilise an action group and go to the press? The floor is yours.

And I choose to discuss the matter on an online message board, because I’m allowed to and I’m not the only one with this opinion. You don’t help your argument by trying to align the desire for new ownership and investment because of belief that Delia has taken the club as far as it can with the poison of the Chase Out campaign which is was born out of necessity and a need to rid the club of a toxic owner who was failing to put the club’s best interests at the centre of business (but who still managed to have us playing in Europe and situated in the top league in the country, unlike the current ownership).

Like someone else said, some posters treat any kind of investor or ownership talk like it’s treachery against the club, it’s odd as a lot of fan bases are allowed to be much more critical of their owners than Norwich fans are. I suppose it must be the “nice little old lady” issue or the “true fan” thing. Unfortunately neither of those has any bearing on the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

And I choose to discuss the matter on an online message board, because I’m allowed to and I’m not the only one with this opinion. You don’t help your argument by trying to align the desire for new ownership and investment because of belief that Delia has taken the club as far as it can with the poison of the Chase Out campaign which is was born out of necessity and a need to rid the club of a toxic owner who was failing to put the club’s best interests at the centre of business (but who still managed to have us playing in Europe and situated in the top league in the country, unlike the current ownership).

Like someone else said, some posters treat any kind of investor or ownership talk like it’s treachery against the club, it’s odd as a lot of fan bases are allowed to be much more critical of their owners than Norwich fans are. I suppose it must be the “nice little old lady” issue or the “true fan” thing. Unfortunately neither of those has any bearing on the pitch. 

I'm not saying this discussion shouldn't be happening, I'm perfectly happy to discuss the subject with you. I just think it's a little disingenuous to post things like "investors will be shot on sight" when there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that there has been any offer of investment, much less that any such offer has been actively rejected. (And yes, obviously I know you're using the phrase "shot on sight" figuratively.)

I'm also not saying that those people against Delia's ownership want to drive her out with flaming torches a la Chase; in fact, I'm merely suggesting that I'm surprised no action has been taken to mobilise and present their argument anywhere other than on message boards and social media. Hell, nobody even has the guts to question her ownership at the AGM! If you're that convinced her ownership is detrimental to the club's future, why not try to engage the club in debate rather than just being a noisy minority on the internet?

27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm not saying this discussion shouldn't be happening, I'm perfectly happy to discuss the subject with you. I just think it's a little disingenuous to post things like "investors will be shot on sight" when there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that there has been any offer of investment, much less that any such offer has been actively rejected. (And yes, obviously I know you're using the phrase "shot on sight" figuratively.)

I'm also not saying that those people against Delia's ownership want to drive her out with flaming torches a la Chase; in fact, I'm merely suggesting that I'm surprised no action has been taken to mobilise and present their argument anywhere other than on message boards and social media. Hell, nobody even has the guts to question her ownership at the AGM! If you're that convinced her ownership is detrimental to the club's future, why not try to engage the club in debate rather than just being a noisy minority on the internet?

Because my time is pretty valuable, living way outside Norfolk and with a young family, so it’s not easy for me to get to the AGM or even to Carra for matches etc. So right now, unless things drastically turn for the worse and more urgent or drastic action needs to happen, then all that’s worth doing is voicing the opinion that not everyone is happy with what’s going on. I don’t think mass opinion will change anytime soon unless things on the pitch get massively worse and we aren’t challenging after a relegation.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Because my time is pretty valuable, living way outside Norfolk and with a young family, so it’s not easy for me to get to the AGM or even to Carra for matches etc. So right now, unless things drastically turn for the worse and more urgent or drastic action needs to happen, then all that’s worth doing is voicing the opinion that not everyone is happy with what’s going on. I don’t think mass opinion will change anytime soon unless things on the pitch get massively worse and we aren’t challenging after a relegation.

Fair enough, family comes first. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with what's going on. It sucks to watch your team losing and getting cut adrift, but we got so much unexpected joy last season I'm prepared to 'keep the faith' this time around.

As I've said before, I think that once D&M take a step back and leave Tom in charge, there will be very little goodwill and a downturn in performance/league position could lead to ill-feeling escalating pretty quickly. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

9 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

But, being honest....get over yourselves. I heard a story today from a six year old girl about how her and her mother had to hide behind a sofa while the mother called the police on her father who was drunk and destroying the house. And that was one of the better stories.

Don't moan about your football club because you could be getting beaten by your drunk father is one of the...spicier takes I've read on here.

• Like 1

I do wonder if some of the posters on here understand what the purpose of a football internet message board is

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, king canary said:

Don't moan about your football club because you could be getting beaten by your drunk father is one of the...spicier takes I've read on here.

I like it

9 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

Agreed.

And, being honest......for all of you crying yourself to sleep at night over something you have no control over.....just keep in mind that your pillow is wet -for some of you it will be your mattress- over what is truly a first-world problem.

Put things in perspective and enjoy the ride. Yes, it will suck on occasion and other times, it will bring you great joy. Kinda like marriage really.

So please, for all of you just moaning because you have nothing better to do in your life than act like NCFC is literally the life blood of your existence.....get real. Be grateful that you have a team to support and that you are actually able to support them! Be grateful for the time you have to feel the ups and downs of such an amazing club!

And for all of you sad losers and quitters who lack the fortitude and gratitude and have nothing better to do than moan about the ownership, or lack of spending, or the lack of ambition, or what ever it is that feeds your bottomless well of self-pity, go find a large empty space and stay there.

I for one whole heartedly support the one and only team I have ever known; NCFC! Through thick AND thin; good AND bad. ZERO exceptions. And, personally, I’m loving every minute of it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!

There’s a non football section on the forum that your happy clapping self can go talk about worldly issues on, if you’d rather? 

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

There’s a non football section on the forum that your happy clapping self can go talk about worldly issues on, if you’d rather? 

Bit harsh Thumbo. Pointo has a point,  all the gnashing of teeth and wailing of dismay does nothing positive for the Club whatsoever,  its probably not good for peoples health either.  With a name such as you have , I'd  have thought  you'd be a bit more chilled about 'things'. Dont get me wrong, I am very passionate ,before during and immediately  after a game, win  or lose,  but there is definitely  a time to accept  that one cannot change what is beyond ones control . January may bring fresh faces but given DFs insistence on players  bedding in before being played,  we are unlikely to see them on the pitch before February  unless in an emergency.  Energy used in futile dismay at the current state of affairs is likely to lead to being         ' insane in the membrane '  😉👍

20 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Bit harsh Thumbo. Pointo has a point,  all the gnashing of teeth and wailing of dismay does nothing positive for the Club whatsoever,  its probably not good for peoples health either.  With a name such as you have , I'd  have thought  you'd be a bit more chilled about 'things'. Dont get me wrong, I am very passionate ,before during and immediately  after a game, win  or lose,  but there is definitely  a time to accept  that one cannot change what is beyond ones control . January may bring fresh faces but given DFs insistence on players  bedding in before being played,  we are unlikely to see them on the pitch before February  unless in an emergency.  Energy used in futile dismay at the current state of affairs is likely to lead to being         ' insane in the membrane '  😉👍

I’m chilled Tbf, it’s a football forum, I come here for Norwich. Football is a good escapism from the world. I’m pretty sure most posters are fully aware of what a sick world we live in! I am! Also loving the reference mate! 

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Or talk about it at the pub before or after a game. Some pinkun posters like to talk about the pinkun at them times 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’m chilled Tbf, it’s a football forum, I come here for Norwich. Football is a good escapism from the world. I’m pretty sure most posters are fully aware of what a sick world we live in! I am! Also loving the reference mate! 

Good man Thumbo, I don't consider you to be one of the less reasonable  posters on here, there's  too much real shoite  out there  to get  too het up about  footy.  Let the mofos burn in their own heat. 

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Or talk about it at the pub before or after a game. Some pinkun posters like to talk about the pinkun at them times 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Thankfully, I haven’t had the pleasure 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Good man Thumbo, I don't consider you to be one of the less reasonable  posters on here, there's  too much real shoite  out there  to get  too het up about  footy.  Let the mofos burn in their own heat. 

I am just a man with my own take on things, like everyone else!(except the wind up merchants who support other clubs) I feel living in the midlands though and hearing other clubs fans opinions on our club is interesting. As I feel, some fans wear the yellow and green glasses at times on here. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I like the idea some seem to have that peoples lives outside of this forum are dominated by what happens on it.

You can be critical of the club and its owners without it driving you to cry yourself to sleep.

On 08/12/2019 at 16:28, Midlands Yellow said:

I don’t think anyone is kicking off after one bad performance or defeat. I’ve lost count but is it 9 defeats in the last 12 games ? 

I beg to differ, not all defeats are bad performances, Chelsea at home being an obvious example.

But after one or two disappointing performances, call them bad performances if you prefer, from our injury ravaged squad then some of the usual trolling suspects immediately re-appeared. These are people we haven't heard a squeak out of in a year - truly sad and pathetic.

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

I like the idea some seem to have that peoples lives outside of this forum are dominated by what happens on it.

You can be critical of the club and its owners without it driving you to cry yourself to sleep.

Good job too, some would be sleepless and very wet indeed. 

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I keep trying to have these kind of discussions with those whose political arguments are different to mine, but then they make use of their encyclopaedic understanding of history and political theory which vastly outweighs mine. When combined with this sort of erudition and wit I just don’t stand a chance.

I guess I’ll have to head back on my own to the land of facts, logic and reality...

Amazed it took you  so long to come to the defense of Comrade or Tovarisch Corbyn. All I stated was that Delia would not be too happy Friday morning 

13 minutes ago, daly said:

Amazed it took you  so long to come to the defense of Comrade or Tovarisch Corbyn. All I stated was that Delia would not be too happy Friday morning 

Have a read:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism and maybe don’t believe everything you see in the Sun and its rich owners who are scared some of their wealth may have to be shared with the rest of the country when their tax breaks are reduced.

FYI, the Labour Party are proposing raising the proportion of GDP spent by government to something like the level in Germany who have been run by a party on the right for a while now. That is not communism. Their economy seems to have done quite well with this level of taxation and investment. I understand they’ve produced the odd decent football manager too.

Edited by Nuff Said

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Thankfully, I haven’t had the pleasure 😂

You need to get down the pub and chat about pinkun, if not you're not a true fan😂

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Have a read:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism and maybe don’t believe everything you see in the Sun and its rich owners who are scared some of their wealth may have to be shared with the rest of the country when their tax breaks are reduced.

FYI, the Labour Party are proposing raising the proportion of GDP spent by government to something like the level in Germany who have been run by a party on the right for a while now. That is not communism. Their economy seems to have done quite well with this level of taxation and investment. I understand they’ve produced the odd decent football manager too.

I actually don't believe everything I read in Wiki either.....Have you thought about relocating to Germany, as if by fluke Boris wins the election?.....🎵"The fog on the Rhine is all mine all mine.....The fog on the Rhine is all mine!"🎵..... 

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

You need to get down the pub and chat about pinkun, if not you're not a true fan😂

Can I use the fact I don’t drink as an excuse to avoid it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I actually don't believe everything I read in Wiki either.....Have you thought about relocating to Germany, as if by fluke Boris wins the election?.....🎵"The fog on the Rhine is all mine all mine.....The fog on the Rhine is all mine!"🎵..... 

If it’s a choice between Wikipedia or the Sun, I know which one I’d go with.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

If it’s a choice between Wikipedia or the Sun, I know which one I’d go with.

The Morning Star.....Socialist worker?.....

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The Morning Star.....Socialist worker?.....

The Guardian is more me, woolly liberal rather than Corbynista.