Jim Smith

"Delighted with how everything is going at Carrow Road"

Was apparently what our owners told David Phillips in a chat pre-match today.

Second bottom, 5 points from safety. And they are "delighted."

Says it all.

Of cause they are delighted. The PL money enables them to see through the plan of handing the club over to their Nephew. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's be honest, I doubt Delia would tell the media anything else even if she is sick of Webber or hates Farke's guts. Comments like this are completely meaningless.

There is different ways of wording it through- you can say 'obviously results haven't been what we'd have liked but we're still very happy with the job Farke and Webber are doing.'

They were probably talking longer term than just 15 odd games into one season. They were likely referring to the overall scenario.

Because that's what they have to do, unlike us fans who can kick off after one game and kick their arses the next, apparently 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

There is different ways of wording it through- you can say 'obviously results haven't been what we'd have liked but we're still very happy with the job Farke and Webber are doing.'

Who's to say she didn't? We're just relying on a commentator reporting something off the record during a match, where he has just a few seconds to talk and doesn't have time to go into the specifics of what she said.

• Like 1

It’s not just a defeat . 11 games lost with a goal difference of minus 17. A loss percentage of 68% and can’t beat any of the teams around us. 

If anyone has been paying to watch Norwich play this season then they have every right to moan or criticise the powers that be. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Don't you just love it when the true fans really get behind the club after a defeat? 

I do wonder what people who say this sort of thing expect a forum to be like on days like this. We're bottom of the table, 5 points off safety, worst defensive record in the league, after an entirely predictable defeat to a team we finished above last season. Were you expecting wall to wall 'unlucky lads, not our day at least we tried OTBC!!' posts?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I do wonder what people who say this sort of thing expect a forum to be like on days like this. We're bottom of the table, 5 points off safety, worst defensive record in the league, after an entirely predictable defeat to a team we finished above last season. Were you expecting wall to wall 'unlucky lads, not our day at least we tried OTBC!!' posts?

You can predict exactly who is going to appear after a defeat-everyone who is silent after a win.

• Like 3

One thing Delia won’t be too happy Friday morning when Comrade Corbyn finds himself in the bottom 2

14 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Don't you just love it when the true fans really get behind the club after a defeat? 

Well we all started off getting behind the Club.

But in return for that support, belief and investment, you do expect, even if it is only now again, to get something back.

Losing constantly is bad enough for any football supporter but we are not even getting effort or passion.

A bit of that wouldn't go amiss from time to time and we are getting very little back at the moment, nothing to cling on to and very little in the way of hope.

It is all very well for the owners to try & make us believe that everything is going swimmingly but most of us are not that stupid.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Is it time to for Delia to get the mic out again at the next home match ? 

Only if its to announce she is selling the club. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Only if its to announce she is selling the club. 

Why, you buying?

I really wish you made this much comment about Delia when we beat Man City.

Stick to your guns Jim..

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Was thinking more of the 2nd rallying call. 

It would have the opposite effect for me. I hate the fact that every time I watch us on tv the cameras zoom in on Delia Smith all the time, often having a good laugh as we struggle to a defeat. I hate all the constant cooking puns in the papers. But most of all I hate the fact that it appears that we can never again compete in the premier league. 

45 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Who's to say she didn't? We're just relying on a commentator reporting something off the record during a match, where he has just a few seconds to talk and doesn't have time to go into the specifics of what she said.

Well quite. Someone's picked a quote out of context and gone to town on it.

It's like Delia's the next Corbyn or Johnson.

6 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Once again Jim Smith is the voice of reason 

Oh, is that what it is??😀

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why, you buying?

I really wish you made this much comment about Delia when we beat Man City.

Stick to your guns Jim..

You forgot the look at Portsmouth type cliches... Jim I agree with you 100%my friend

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's be honest, I doubt Delia would tell the media anything else even if she is sick of Webber or hates Farke's guts. Comments like this are completely meaningless.

They haven’t held back in the past though have they? 

He actually said they said that and then said ‘off the pitch’ but I guess to quote everything would show balance, luckily no one on here has an agenda.

• Haha 1

He said it twice then. He did admittedly say “of course they would like a few more points” but then he said “but they are delighted with how everything is going at Carrow Road.”

if he subsequent corrected that then yes fair enough it slightly changes it but I would still argue it shows that premier league survival is not the priority it should be.