Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Stuart Webber

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Correct, I actually agree that we can say he took Huddersfield took up, but I was just being technical and awkward.

This is the perfect description of Marco Stiepermann.

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Correct, I actually agree that we can say he took Huddersfield took up, but I was just being technical and awkward.

Someone being awkward? On the Pinkun? Never heard of it before.

Once he's overseen our relegation perhaps he can stop lording it over our fanbase and telling us how his hands are tied by the shambles he inherited. He will have to prove that last season was not a one off and that he can recruit again at a similar level with all the money we will have from the sale of our youngsters. He did a good job last season. This season it appears they have misjudged things.

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Once he's overseen our relegation perhaps he can stop lording it over our fanbase and telling us how his hands are tied by the shambles he inherited. He will have to prove that last season was not a one off and that he can recruit again at a similar level with all the money we will have from the sale of our youngsters. He did a good job last season. This season it appears they have misjudged things.

Well, we're not the first club he done it at...

2 hours ago, king canary said:

As far as I'm aware he left Huddersfield before they were in the Premier League so hardly fair to say he wasn't successful at keeping them up?

Fair play my mistake... they would have been his signings though so he would have been partly responsible

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Fair play my mistake... they would have been his signings though so he would have been partly responsible

Partly responsible for...them staying up in the first season?

9 hours ago, Hillhead said:

I think the first 40 seconds perfectly reflects Webbers attitude regarding what the atmosphere would/should have been like had we lost to Everton before this AGM

In situations like this - where some seem to be questioning Webber - I always think it's worth considering how fans of other teams must be reflecting Webbers time at our club vs what's been achieved at their own in that timespan. I wonder what any championship team, high spenders or otherwise. Think to themselves about our promotion done on a small budget while they spend more than some premier league teams chasing a promotion that never comes. While they sell their stadiums to balance the fair play books while we bring massive improvements to our training facilities and academy that will benefit this club for decades to come.

I wonder what they think to us demanding our Sporting Director come out and explain himself after defeats in the toughest league in the world.

SW webber has been hugely successful for us as well as completely honest and has answered the questions put to him. Quite how that turns into arrogance when results aren't going our way is beyond me.

Not sure the relationship between Webber and our fans will end well. He has always been honest and upfront about the task he faces. We are in a similar position to where we were when trying to come to terms with the Champs in 2018 when Webber suggested that if the fans didn't like our football maybe they should support someone else. He sees the bigger picture but isn't too patient with the short termism shown by some fans then or now.

I think it is more difficult for fans to be objective about the so called bigger picture. Emotions in football are always about the here and now. However there is no way any criticism about owners or board members hiding from the fans during losing runs can stand up to even the slightest scrutiny. I just see these type of accusations as being a need to create a new angle of attack because the team is on a losing run.

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I think this is a little harsh. Aston Villa have spent c£130 haven’t they and sit in the relegation zone too (albeit 4 points better off). I’m not certain I buy into this, “but we should have spent £10m and given it a go” rhetoric as that buys you about a 1/3 of Alex iwobi at this level. This league is hard, really hard and we are giving it a go but the naivety is killing us, but we have to persevere with our youth players and approach and continue to build. If that equates going down, selling a few and going again then unfortunately that is the only real option for us as a club in the absence of a Leicester like benefactor who wants to take forward a smaller club. Even then-if you look at how Leicester made the jump, it was through good recruitment of Vardy, Kanye, mahrez, albrighton etc. Norwich can do this too but patience is a virtue that Norwich fans will have to have.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Big O said:

I think this is a little harsh. Aston Villa have spent c£130 haven’t they and sit in the relegation zone too (albeit 4 points better off). I’m not certain I buy into this, “but we should have spent £10m and given it a go” rhetoric as that buys you about a 1/3 of Alex iwobi at this level. This league is hard, really hard and we are giving it a go but the naivety is killing us, but we have to persevere with our youth players and approach and continue to build. If that equates going down, selling a few and going again then unfortunately that is the only real option for us as a club in the absence of a Leicester like benefactor who wants to take forward a smaller club. Even then-if you look at how Leicester made the jump, it was through good recruitment of Vardy, Kanye, mahrez, albrighton etc. Norwich can do this too but patience is a virtue that Norwich fans will have to have.  

That's true Big O - it's also worth mentioning again that Leicester broke the Financial Fair Play rules the season they were promoted back to the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's true Big O - it's also worth mentioning again that Leicester broke the Financial Fair Play rules the season they were promoted back to the Premier League. 

True , Thirstyo, but it means nowt cos they've  stayed up, it doesn't apply.  Villa however  could be in  a world of shoite if they go down. Theyll have to sell big time to balance the books. 

Good point.

im not going to be sad and dig back through all the boards about summer activity but my rough recollection was that most people said we needed a new keeper, right back cover, a defensive midfielder a winger and a striker. I didn’t here too many people saying a centre half but hindsight and bad luck (klose) suggests one would have been sage. Roberts and Drmic have given us nothing unfortunately so it is clear we need to find a way to get a tune out of them or we need 2 forward players and a centre half in the January (loans at best) but I don’t think we’re completely done just yet. 

12 hours ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I have to confess I am not as hot on Webber as many other Norwich fans.

I think the arrogance of 'intending to leave in 2 years and pick his own successor' rubs me the wrong way, and shows how much power he wields behind the scenes. He certainly won't want a relegation on his CV, but he has been making the excuses for one since the start of the season.

I also worry about the consistency of giving himself a big pat on the back to the press after every win, but complete radio silence in our stretches of bad form. Stinks of self publicity for his future career.

I find it much easier to trust Farke, who in my opinion masterminded our promotion campaign in a much more significant manner than Webber.

Clearly he isn't a particularly nice bloke, and I appreciate that sometimes that is what you need. It is very possible that this is why I have never warmed to him.

I'm sorry, but this is completely, totally and utterly 100% bull sh*t! 

Stuart Webber did a major Radio 5 live interview on October 17th. The previous game to this interview was the 5-1 home defeat against Aston Villa. The two games before that were the away defeats at Crystal Palace and Burnley.

So the actual TRUTH is that Webber gave a major interview straight after our worst run of the season!!

What you have posted is fantasy, fiction and totally untrue!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

True , Thirstyo, but it means nowt cos they've  stayed up, it doesn't apply.  Villa however  could be in  a world of shoite if they go down. Theyll have to sell big time to balance the books. 

Well they did pay the fine wcork............ but of course in their case breaking the rules was a spectacular success.......

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-league-ffp

14 minutes ago, Big O said:

Good point.

im not going to be sad and dig back through all the boards about summer activity but my rough recollection was that most people said we needed a new keeper, right back cover, a defensive midfielder a winger and a striker. I didn’t here too many people saying a centre half but hindsight and bad luck (klose) suggests one would have been sage. Roberts and Drmic have given us nothing unfortunately so it is clear we need to find a way to get a tune out of them or we need 2 forward players and a centre half in the January (loans at best) but I don’t think we’re completely done just yet. 

Interesting stuff Mr Orbison.

When you say 'forward players', would that comprise a "number 10" with a goal threat to support Pukki (i.e. an upgrade on Stiepermann/McLean) and a winger to give Onel proper competition? Or do you mean someone ahead of Drmic to challenge/replace Pukki if the unthinkable happens with the Goat?! We're unlikely to ever see much of Roberts and Drmic's fitness & availability looks a bit unreliable. A clever 'number 10' signing could be key to help turn the form around, particularly if we can get a tune out of Amadou/Vrancic/Leitner(?)/Trybull alongside the legend that is Alex Tettey.