Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Stuart Webber

Will he really care if city go down he’s off in two years time. He might have saved us some money but hope he’s goes sooner rather than later he’s knocked the stuffing out of city by not allowing us to spend anything

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Really Bristol Nest in the premiership you have to spend more than £75.000 on Sam Byram 

16 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Will he really care if city go down he’s off in two years time. He might have saved us some money but hope he’s goes sooner rather than later he’s knocked the stuffing out of city by not allowing us to spend anything

Didn’t realise he was a majority share holder now

His CV will show

Pukki, McClean, 4 multi million pound kids already, Hernandez, Bundeia, Zimmerman, Krul + Huddersfield players. Think he will get a top job based on Pukki alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hucks6 said:

To be fair Webber has already said he is off in 2 years so **** you. I will be here a whole lot longer than that. So what next SW? Today we lost against a Championship side second worst only to Newcastle. Worse than Watford, so what next?

I'm pretty sure Webber won't be going on the radio declaring that relegation would be "worse than death". Priorities have changed and taken as a whole his record here has been excellent.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

To be fair Webber has already said he is off in 2 years so **** you. I will be here a whole lot longer than that. So what next SW? Today we lost against a Championship side second worst only to Newcastle. Worse than Watford, so what next?

Eh???  We lost to Sheffield United!! They are the only Premier League side (other than Liverpool) not to have lost an away game this season. 

• Like 2

I have to confess I am not as hot on Webber as many other Norwich fans.

I think the arrogance of 'intending to leave in 2 years and pick his own successor' rubs me the wrong way, and shows how much power he wields behind the scenes. He certainly won't want a relegation on his CV, but he has been making the excuses for one since the start of the season.

I also worry about the consistency of giving himself a big pat on the back to the press after every win, but complete radio silence in our stretches of bad form. Stinks of self publicity for his future career.

I find it much easier to trust Farke, who in my opinion masterminded our promotion campaign in a much more significant manner than Webber.

Clearly he isn't a particularly nice bloke, and I appreciate that sometimes that is what you need. It is very possible that this is why I have never warmed to him.

11 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I have to confess I am not as hot on Webber as many other Norwich fans.

I think the arrogance of 'intending to leave in 2 years and pick his own successor' rubs me the wrong way, and shows how much power he wields behind the scenes. He certainly won't want a relegation on his CV, but he has been making the excuses for one since the start of the season.

I also worry about the consistency of giving himself a big pat on the back to the press after every win, but complete radio silence in our stretches of bad form. Stinks of self publicity for his future career.

I find it much easier to trust Farke, who in my opinion masterminded our promotion campaign in a much more significant manner than Webber.

Clearly he isn't a particularly nice bloke, and I appreciate that sometimes that is what you need. It is very possible that this is why I have never warmed to him.

Does he do that? I can't say I've noticed. Only seen him give lengthy interviews about long term strategy.

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Does he do that? I can't say I've noticed. Only seen him give lengthy interviews about long term strategy.

I am certainly reading between the lines in the interviews. It is more the silence in the bad stretches of form that makes me feel his lengthy interviews in our good stretches seem somewhat self promotional.

I should probably say, that while I don't particularly like/trust him - I appreciate that I could be completely wrong about him. I hope I am.

17 hours ago, kick it off said:

Whatever swear word you used I have no doubts it's entirely accurate in this case.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Just after the Everton win I believe 😉

That's an interesting point. Was the AGM convened after the Everton win or did Webber contrive the Everton win to coincide with the AGM.🙃

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's an interesting point. Was the AGM convened after the Everton win or did Webber contrive the Everton win to coincide with the AGM.🙃

The answer to our form is to convene more AGM's. 😀

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Here's an interview from ten days ago

I think the first 40 seconds perfectly reflects Webbers attitude regarding what the atmosphere would/should have been like had we lost to Everton before this AGM

In situations like this - where some seem to be questioning Webber - I always think it's worth considering how fans of other teams must be reflecting Webbers time at our club vs what's been achieved at their own in that timespan. I wonder what any championship team, high spenders or otherwise. Think to themselves about our promotion done on a small budget while they spend more than some premier league teams chasing a promotion that never comes. While they sell their stadiums to balance the fair play books while we bring massive improvements to our training facilities and academy that will benefit this club for decades to come.

I wonder what they think to us demanding our Sporting Director come out and explain himself after defeats in the toughest league in the world.

SW webber has been hugely successful for us as well as completely honest and has answered the questions put to him. Quite how that turns into arrogance when results aren't going our way is beyond me.

Edited by Hillhead
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

The answer to our form is to convene more AGM's. 😀

Sorry to be a pedant but by definition an ANNUAL general meeting only happens once a year. The best we can hope for is to convene more EGM's - Extraordinary General Meetings. 👍

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Sorry to be a pedant but by definition an ANNUAL general meeting only happens once a year. The best we can hope for is to convene more EGM's - Extraordinary General Meetings. 👍

Have we won a Premier League game prior to an EGM?

I think Webber has proved that he can get players good enough to get out of the 2nd tier of English football but, like at Huddersfield, he has not yet been successful at keeping a team in the top flight with the budget he has been given. I think the majority of City fans believe our summer transfer business was not good enough and did not address the obvious areas of concern, one for example, highlighted by Farke recently (lack of Physicality when defending set pieces). As for spending, I am sure he would have spent what he was given and you can argue that he was not given sufficient to allow him a good crack at safety this season.  

I think he has done a great job at City but think his 3 years & I'm off quotes were ill advised... makes it harder for him to convince players that this is were they should ply their trade if has stated he'll be off... 

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

I think Webber has proved that he can get players good enough to get out of the 2nd tier of English football but, like at Huddersfield, he has not yet been successful at keeping a team in the top flight with the budget he has been given. I think the majority of City fans believe our summer transfer business was not good enough and did not address the obvious areas of concern, one for example, highlighted by Farke recently (lack of Physicality when defending set pieces). As for spending, I am sure he would have spent what he was given and you can argue that he was not given sufficient to allow him a good crack at safety this season.  

I think he has done a great job at City but think his 3 years & I'm off quotes were ill advised... makes it harder for him to convince players that this is were they should ply their trade if has stated he'll be off... 

As far as I'm aware he left Huddersfield before they were in the Premier League so hardly fair to say he wasn't successful at keeping them up?

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

As far as I'm aware he left Huddersfield before they were in the Premier League so hardly fair to say he wasn't successful at keeping them up?

Correct. He left them while they were in the Championship playoff places a couple of months before the season ended, so he didn't actually take them up either.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Correct. He left them while they were in the Championship playoff places a couple of months before the season ended, so he didn't actually take them up either.

Ha. I'd imagine as a Sporting Director his job for that season was pretty much done by then...