Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

****Official match thread vs The Blades****

I'm still surprised that it's Jamal who lost his place rather than Max.  Out of the two, I would have said that Max's form has been poorer recently.

I'd have had Byram in for Max and restore Jamal to left back, but then again, I'm not a premier league football manager so...

Just now, Orly said:

I'm still surprised that it's Jamal who lost his place rather than Max.  Out of the two, I would have said that Max's form has been poorer recently.

I'd have had Byram in for Max and restore Jamal to left back, but then again, I'm not a premier league football manager so...

Agree with this. Jamal has been the better performer this year out of the two fullbacks. Max has struggled much more.

19 minutes ago, Orly said:

I agree. Max has not been at his best this season, and Lewis has been one of the more consistent performers.

Farke is a managerial genius getting us out of the championship with that squad. The defeat quite simply sits in the boardroom not with Webber or Farke or, indeed, any of our players.

31 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Progressed to what. All but one player on the Sheff Utd team was what we played last season. There quite simply has been NO progression at all, that’s five games lost at home against sides we should get points from if progression is to be shown!

the self sustaining model will only bring more failure and little progression other than selling off your best talent, that talent which the premiership is now destroying. 

The writing was on the wall before a ball was kicked this season. The decision to go with what you have at the back plus Byram was criminal and will cost our team their place in the prem. We have been there before with different and the same owners and exactly the same happens! We are and always will be ‘little Norwich’

Agree with all of that. There has been some obvious stepping up, Krul for one and Pukki has proven he can cut it given service but who else being brutal, sure there has been flashes from others putting in good games. The naivety of the powers that be by not strengthening the defense which was glaringly obvious for all to see at champs level clearly shows they did not have the ambition and commitment to give it a proper go in the pl. 

24 minutes ago, Orly said:

I'm still surprised that it's Jamal who lost his place rather than Max. 

It was enforced at the time because of injury.

Whether or not Lewis should be brought back or Aarons should be dropped is a different argument, but Lewis didn't actually 'lose his place'.