Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

****Official match thread vs The Blades****

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Also... **** var, that was a red if we’d done it. That 3rd goal was correct decision but I was still waiting for var to **** us with it anyway. First time it hasn’t all season

The VAR decision was correct. It wasn't a red card tackle. He hardly made contact. 

I haven't seen the tackle but I don't think the amount of contact is necessarily the main point. It is the potential dangerousness.

Just now, Carra Rud said:

Clever response never seen that before. GFY.

Like to keep it simple for the hard of thinking. 

We are down. Can;t see a way back from here. At half time there was a **** of light and it looked like we could put ourselves back in range of a few teams but that pathetic second half no show has killed us. We don;t deserve to stay up with the way we defend and just gift games to average sides and our owners do not deserve to own a premier league club since they won;t ever attempt to keep us there.

Depressing. What makes it even more annoying is that Sheffield United are not particularly good. They don;t have better players than us they are just better drilled, dare I say it better coached and seem to have a hunger that our team has lost this season..

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Perhaps, but you certainly would find it hard to argue we’ve progressed.

I agree; we have not progressed sufficiently, but I do not think we have gone backwards. 

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Like to keep it simple for the hard of thinking. 

You'd know I suppose.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat but I need to let you go and put your illuminated reindeer on your council house roof.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

We are down. Can;t see a way back from here. At half time there was a **** of light and it looked like we could put ourselves back in range of a few teams but that pathetic second half no show has killed us. We don;t deserve to stay up with the way we defend and just gift games to average sides and our owners do not deserve to own a premier league club since they won;t ever attempt to keep us there.

Depressing. What makes it even more annoying is that Sheffield United are not particularly good. They don;t have better players than us they are just better drilled, dare I say it better coached and seem to have a hunger that our team has lost this season..

Got to give you respect, you were more confident than I was at half time.

Delia told David Phillips (co comms on the stream) before the game how they are "delighted" with how everything is going down at Carrow Road at the moment.

Says it all. 

4 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

You'd know I suppose.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat but I need to let you go and put your illuminated reindeer on your council house roof.

Back in your bin and don't forget to shut the lid. 

We're not going to get anywhere if we don't have a solid defense. Sheffield United and Southampton were nothing special but we are making it far too easy for teams to score against us. 

This is a compliment as much as it is a criticism, but it's not Farke's way to fill the team with big brutes, who will bully and kick teams off the park in the way that the teams mentioned did to us.

I am so utterly pissed off about this now. I was so excited to go up. Hoped we could keep some momentum going . Hoped that we really didn’t have to spend any money and that our players would carry on with their own upward development. 

boll0x to everything . B0LL0CKS. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I haven't seen the tackle but I don't think the amount of contact is necessarily the main point. It is the potential dangerousness.

Contact has nothing to do with it . Using Excessive Force and Endangering an Opponent is a red. I haven’t seen the incident again so can’t comment 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Honestly, I'm now comfortably moving into the camp of 'We Just Don't Have Enough'.

Whether that is by fault or by design, there seems to be zero mental fortitude left in our players and our staff. If we had remained solid for 10 minutes at the start of that second half and come out with some fire, forced our game back on them, we would have taken the 3 points. We get rattled by high pressure, we just don't know how to recover and the team separates like an under 12s side.

I just feel like the side now isn't 'ignoring the noise' and is actually buying into this pauper mentality and if anything we expect to get beaten. I may be way off on this but the team came out (off of the back of one of our strongest halves this year) and just looked completely dumbfounded. 

I don't think it's recoverable. Just try to enjoy the ride.

The red card was a classic case of a ref needing to go over to the screen to see his own decision. Surely out of his own personel curiosity ,let alone his professionalism , he'd want to go and see why someone else is questioning it???

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The red card was a classic case of a ref needing to go over to the screen to see his own decision. Surely out of his own personel curiosity ,let alone his professionalism , he'd want to go and see why someone else is questioning it???

Agreed 100%. Chances are in this instance that two officials just had differing opinions over the same incident, rather than the man in the middle dropping a clanger. I'm surprised the decision was clear and obvious enough to overturn, though.

17 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I agree; we have not progressed sufficiently, but I do not think we have gone backwards. 

I’m not sure it can be argued we’ve progressed at all? Let alone “sufficiently”.  Probably only the addition of Byram, and that’s not saying that much.

We gambled on the players we had being enough to kick on and get us results, it hasn’t happened.

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’m not sure it can be argued we’ve progressed at all? Let alone “sufficiently”.  Probably only the addition of Byram, and that’s not saying that much.

We gambled on the players we had being enough to kick on and get us results, it hasn’t happened.

I'm not disputing that and I agree with you. I just don't like the over reaction (positive and negative) directly after games.

34 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Progressed to what. All but one player on the Sheff Utd team was what we played last season. There quite simply has been NO progression at all, that’s five games lost at home against sides we should get points from if progression is to be shown!

the self sustaining model will only bring more failure and little progression other than selling off your best talent, that talent which the premiership is now destroying. 

The writing was on the wall before a ball was kicked this season. The decision to go with what you have at the back plus Byram was criminal and will cost our team their place in the prem. We have been there before with different and the same owners and exactly the same happens! We are and always will be ‘little Norwich’

7 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Amadou has been important.

Not sure what Fahrmann or Roberts was for

Amadou has only been important due to our CB crisis though. To be fair to him we don’t know what may have happened if he had been able to play CM from the off, but Tettey has looked the better option still on the evidence we have.

9 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Amadou has been important.

Not sure what Fahrmann or Roberts was for

I think Fährmann was brought in to be the number one, or at least challenge for it, but Krul has been arguably our best player so far this season so Fährmann hasn't been given a chance.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Also... **** var, that was a red if we’d done it. That 3rd goal was correct decision but I was still waiting for var to **** us with it anyway. First time it hasn’t all season

The VAR decision was correct. It wasn't a red card tackle. He hardly made contact. 

Doesn't matter. It was dangerous, reckless and endangering the player. Emi got sent off for similar last season.

Too young and naive at the back.

Onel not up for it.

Vrancic did well.

Poor sub (Vrancic for Srbeny) towards the end.

Relegated.

I'm now less convinced we have progressed from last season. In fact we appear to have lost some fight. A few teams we have played have not appeared much better than us but are quicker to the ball and we get out-muscled. Guess we have young players who are still gaining experience. It now appears we were not ready for the PL. I thought we were. Today was such an opportunity. It was there for a good 45 minutes. That second half has cut us off from the sizeable 'middling' group ahead of us. Dispiriting.

Edited by sonyc