Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

****Official match thread vs The Blades****

We were playing well enough then totally switched off after half time. Its not that we are not capable of playing well enough but they seem to have these lulls and you can;y come back and win games at this level like you can in the champ

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Going up, we knew we were better than two sides - the fact that it looks like we are going to lose to both of them, at home, says it all. :classic_sad:

OTBC

They have strengthened and progressed where we have in all honesty gone backwards. This is a shadow of the team of last season 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JF said:

They have strengthened and progressed where we have in all honesty gone backwards. This is a shadow of the team of last season 

I'm not doubting that they have progressed, but how have we gone backwards?

Farke has to take some blame here. The first half performance on saturday and the second half today both completely unacceptable and he has not had the players fired up enough in either of them. First half they were today and the difference was clear. 

• Like 1

Just now, All the Germans said:

Because we are owned by selfish owners who wish to run us as some kind of social experiment and also because you cannot recover from these spells where you ship goals and are not focussed in the premier league. We did it last season but our firepower masked things.

Just now, All the Germans said:

Are you not watching our performances? This is an absolute shadow of the team of last season and a shadow of the team that started this season at anfield 

No point in getting worked up about the inevitable any more.  Very sad, simply not good enough, definitely not acceptable.  The lack of investment in the squad over the summer was shocking and yes Farke also has to take some of the blame for the complete no shows, and the constant and repeated school boy errors in defence.

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

I'm afraid it's very difficult to pick out any positives from that. A wretched second half performance bereft of fight and guile. 

Just now, JF said:

Are you not watching our performances? This is an absolute shadow of the team of last season and a shadow of the team that started this season at anfield 

They're playing against better opposition. Did you expect the same as last season?

• Like 1

Also... **** var, that was a red if we’d done it. That 3rd goal was correct decision but I was still waiting for var to **** us with it anyway. First time it hasn’t all season

Not good enough. It is time for DF to own up and say he got it wrong second half. He needs to find a way of getting us to keep up the tempo after any break.

If we lose to a team who are dominating us then fair enough. But we were streets ahead of them 1st half and threw it all away. 

My toys are primed for lift off from the pram. 

I expect them to enter geostationary orbit and stay there until we stop conceding soft goals.

Also... **** var, that was a red if we’d done it. That 3rd goal was correct decision but I was still waiting for var to **** us with it anyway. First time it hasn’t all season

The VAR decision was correct. It wasn't a red card tackle. He hardly made contact. 

The worry for me going forward is we've shuffled the pack and still can't find a decent hand. 

Sack the cook, sack the board, sack everyone! Ridiculous result. Comfortable 1st half thrown away. Going down 100%.

No cutting edge in final 3rd AT ALL. Vrancic added some incision to our play in the first half and looked more keen to get it forward than our usual sideways style, but then 2nd half everyone, including him just looked aimless. Cantwell looked good when coming on and I think looks more hungry than Buendia at the moment.

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Perhaps, but you certainly would find it hard to argue we’ve progressed.

1 minute ago, Carra Rud said:

Sack the cook, sack the board, sack everyone! Ridiculous result. Comfortable 1st half thrown away. Going down 100%.

Binner. 

If Cantwell's brief performance doesn't prove he needs to start over Buendia I don't know what would. Emi is a lot of flash with no end product at this level.

Not sure if I heard McLean's name today either. I'm up for Stiepermann coming back into the side if it means we get some strength and muscle into the front end. We're far too lightweight.

The chronic injuries early season prevented the team from getting good results which in turn has led to a complete loss of confidence .It has also prevented the team from playing the type of football that seemed to come naturally last season.

It hasn’t helped that players like Stiepermann, Leitner and Trybull have been found wanting in the PL.