Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Boxing thread

Anyone like boxing? Interesting times in the heavyweight division... AJ got his titles back tonight, but should never have lost them in the first place. I can't see Wilder or Fury losing to an outsider in the way that AJ did. He boxed superbly tonight, but he won't be able to evade Wilder for 12 rounds in that fashion, and if he tries to box outside against Fury then Fury will outsmart him.

Interested to see what happens in 2020 - I fancy Fury to outpoint Wilder. Last time he faced him, he'd only beaten two journeymen since his ban/addiction/weight gain, and he'll be much better prepared this time. And he's shown that he can take Wilder's big shots and get up (still no idea how he managed that).

Personally I think Fury will unify in 2020 or early 2021 unless he has another meltdown. It may not be pretty, but if he stays fit and focused then I reckon he'll beat Wilder and AJ. Can't see anyone outside those three challenging, personally - Ruiz won't get back to that level, Parker's not good enough, Usyk is a great boxer but stepping up to heavyweight will be too much for him... I think it's Tyson's time.

Watched the fight and it wasn't a spectacle. Fair enough, it is AJ's livelihood and he did exactly what he wanted to and got the belts back. To be honest, I was bored.

But people turned away from the Heavyweight division because of fights like that and chose to watch weights where there was more action, excitement and drama. The Heavyweight division was the blue ribbon event and was up there with general public interest. Tyson was really the last one to make it a must watch.

Based only on photos but Joshua's opponent didn't look the epitome of a fit and healthy boxer.😀