Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

"Lying"

I was under the impression that often during the transfer market, teams are not allowed to go public because it may ruin the deal. Sounds like that was probably what happened with Ashton so why do we all have to go on about the lying. Ashton wanted to go so its better getting a good deal now than a worse one in the summer

Northern, you can''t win mate.  If Deano wanted to go, then the club HAD to do the best they could to protect their investment, which involved a white lie (MAYBE) ref the injury.  Imagine if he played, got injured & we were stuck with a crocked player who didn''t want to be here & no transfer money.  IMO that''s worse than him going.  The sooner people realise this the better.  Good luck Deano & thanks for everything but you are NOT bigger than this club.

Everything you said there is spot-on, Weston. All the best to Ashton - he was a credit to this Club while he was here, but NCFC goes on.

Imagine if the player got injured, what a lame excuse , maybe we should not field a team anymore gosh what if Huckerbee gets injured next match . Nigel Worthington said Ashton would play in the cup tie ,  after the match he said he was injured and he had the scans to prove it .... Lies lies and more lies.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]I was under the impression that often during the transfer market, teams are not allowed to go public because it may ruin the deal. Sounds like that was probably what happened with Ashton so why do we all have to go on about the lying. Ashton wanted to go so its better getting a good deal now than a worse one in the summer[/quote]

Well said NC. Ive wanted to comment on the whole saga, but to be honest having looked at the threads today and yesterday I just cant bring myself to do it. Ill wait until everyone has calmed down a bit from the "Shock" that he is going.

Again, couldn''t agree more NC, missed this post.

I''m the opposite of you Trent - you can''t bring yourself to bother

commenting which is probably sensible, while i can''t help myself, and

in the process have probable repeated much of this post in my "please

read" post. It''s probably heat of the moment stuff so i should wait for

people to calm down really. But i can''t emphasise strongly enough my

objection to the nature of some of the stuff that went on here

yesterday.

i have kept silent on this for a while, but i am led to believe from medical people that the strain that deano was suffering at the cup game would be impossible to see on a scan. (all you will see is the muscle) secondly, i have been told by a relaible source his most recent injury was a training ground incident involving a player on the fringe of the team putting Ash a good few feet in the air.