Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Sheff United lose to Newcastle

I'm concerned at ourselves for not getting wins in the Premier league which is know for inconsistent results among most of its teams.

So I'd say a draw on Sunday. In regard to the OP its bad we are exactly who Sheffield want to take out their frustrations on.

Sheff had 70+ % possession, didn't have too many attempts on target but the Newcastle keeper pulled off some cracking saves.

Newcastle only had a few attempts and scored with two of them, the second one being a curious case of Sheff players stopping for offside, Newcastle played to the whistle and scored an easy tap in.

Can't see us defending for the game, keeping a clean sheet. 

Lots of balls played in from wide positions, they worked really hard. You would expect them to score against us to be honest. 

Well, we never beat Sheff Utd last season. We drew and lost.

So expect something similar as they've strengthened and we haven't.

As long as we're not on the end of a tonking a la Villa and put in a decent enough performance I'll be happy. I desperately want us to win though!

Historically they do well travelling here and haven't lost away this season.   It will be a tough game and we will need to be at our sharpest to win it.  

Respect to Mr. Wilder for his comments today. And respect for the way he's getting his team to perform; we're going to have to improve a helluva lot on Wed. to get anything out of the game.

The concerning thing about the way other results are panning out is that we're nearly halfway through the season and all of our relegation rivals (aside from Watford) are picking up points at a rate of at least one per game. If this trend continues then we'll end up with a congested mid-table and a situation where we probably need 40 points to survive, whereas the average is usually around 35 or 36. Hopefully a couple of them have bad runs in the New Year so our required points total to survive drops slightly.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man