NCFC198

Do you think we will stay up?

11 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Todd, Emi, Sam, Kenny, all looked knackered from the off, Tom & Ben ineffectual.

Harsh on Emi, he was on the bench!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Oops! just call me Boris ...

Just realised, meant to say Onel (I do hope his knee isn't suffering a reaction). That makes about 7 players below par. Small surprise we got beat!

12 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Can we not just get folk like this blocked by the moderator, as it doesnt bring anything to the table in terms of logical debate?

Not sure if @Pete Raven does requests... but I agree, he's an utter waste of time. At least a lot of the other trolls are actually NCFC fans.

24 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Can we not just get folk like this blocked by the moderator, as it doesnt bring anything to the table in terms of logical debate?

Just make sure it isn't me that gets blocked as it looks like you're requesting that. I realize you aren't

8 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's a 15-year-old Norwich fan who's just discovered trolling. Let's hope he grows out of it, unlike some 'adults' on here who should know better...

I reckon he's a 47 year old middle aged bloke - assuming he is a bloke - trying to make out he's just a kid.

Probably has been to the Amex at some point and maybe even the Withdean and the Goldstone before that ?

2 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Apparently Emi looked great when he came on..

Yep, nice haircut, no pimples and a flashing smile.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Good that Pukki scored again, him finding his shooting boots might mean the difference of drawing / winning a few games and clawing out of this rut.

We won away at Everton, which was excellent, drew with Arsenal which was good, so where is there a rut?

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We won away at Everton, which was excellent, drew with Arsenal which was good, so where is there a rut?

Here’s a  thought, maybe look at the results of all the other matches other than the two you’ve highlighted since the Man City game and the league table, you should find the answer..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Here’s a  thought, maybe look at the results of all the other matches other than the two you’ve highlighted since the Man City game and the league table, you should find the answer..

Ah yes, the "looking into the distant past" approach.  I would rather concentrate on what is happening now. Was the Everton match good? Was the Arsenal match good?  Were we not competitive against Southampton? That tells me a lot more than the previous games.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ah yes, the "looking into the distant past" approach.  I would rather concentrate on what is happening now. Was the Everton match good? Was the Arsenal match good?  Were we not competitive against Southampton? That tells me a lot more than the previous games.

Distant past!!!! It’s the league table and results of this season ffs. It’s how the league table works! Out of most of your absolute nonsense this post is pretty special even for you. 

As for your “were we not competitive against Southampton” No we wasn’t, we were garbage for the majority of the match and deservedly beaten

Edited by JF

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Distant past!!!! It’s the league table and results of this season ffs. It’s how the league table works! Out of most of your absolute nonsense this post is pretty special even for you. 

Have you ever heard of form?  A team can improve and it can get worse.....it just happens that our form is improving. Or does that not matter to you?

If we carry on flipping between bad and inconstant with the odd flash of how we can play...not enough, we're down.

However, if we can push on and turn those flashes of brilliance into form AND we're still only a few points off 17th (as we are now), then who knows. We'll know I bit more after the Palace game on NYD as that and a few games in-between are winnable. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Have you ever heard of form?  A team can improve and it can get worse.....it just happens that our form is improving. Or does that not matter to you?

Good grief. Yes our form was outstanding in the last match that we deservedly lost to a rival having played some of the worst football we’ve seen in a long time. I think you’ll struggle to find any form table other than you cherry picking out two results that backs up your nonsense. We are where we are and the poster that said we are in a rut is right. The form table over the last 6 matches has us taking 4 points, the joint worst return in the league...

53 minutes ago, JF said:

Good grief. Yes our form was outstanding in the last match that we deservedly lost to a rival having played some of the worst football we’ve seen in a long time. I think you’ll struggle to find any form table other than you cherry picking out two results that backs up your nonsense. We are where we are and the poster that said we are in a rut is right. The form table over the last 6 matches has us taking 4 points, the joint worst return in the league...

100% this. All our games this season can hardly be called ‘ distant past ‘ LDC.

If we can get to the position of a point per game or near to that  by Xmas then we have a small chance.

I now have almost conceded that this season has been too hard of a reality for this team. I didn't expect this, after how well we played last year. Indeed I'd never felt as confident in going up that we couldn't be competitive. We have been very good in about 5 games (taking 10 points from those). Sadly, that hasn't been enough. We need to be better than being competitive in a third of our matches. 

If we don't win against Sheff Utd on Sunday I believe we are doomed. It is simply a must-win game. But...there is no point in being too disheartened as the life of a Norwich supporter means so much more than a disappointing campaign in the PL.

Edited by sonyc

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:
2 hours ago, JF said:

100% this. All our games this season can hardly be called ‘ distant past ‘ LDC.

So it's just about where you draw the line, isn't it. I would prefer to look at our most recent results as a measure of progress  and accept that there has been improvement, but I can accept that others will want to draw the line further back and draw more dire conclusions.

It boils down to what you want to see.....to see progress where it has been made and take the positives, or to see the negatives of the past and assume that is how it will always be....................

🙃

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So it's just about where you draw the line, isn't it. I would prefer to look at our most recent results as a measure of progress  and accept that there has been improvement, but I can accept that others will want to draw the line further back and draw more dire conclusions.

It boils down to what you want to see.....to see progress where it has been made and take the positives, or to see the negatives of the past and assume that is how it will always be....................

🙃

No it’s not where you draw the line it’s how the form table works, 6 matches is the minimum amount of matches available for analysis, anything less can’t be considered ‘form’

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course it can,  you can draw the line wherever you want!

Sure, but there's a reason that pretty much every bookie, news outlet and analysis site uses six games as the basis.

If you take our last three games en bloc, and the three games before that, then yes there has been an improvement. If we can get another four points from our next three games (not beyond the realms of possibility), then we are approaching survival form.

That we had Zimbo back for those last three games could be significant; let's see where we're at after the Wolves game.

57 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course it can,  you can draw the line wherever you want!

And the line you drew was to select the Everton and Arsenal matches as your evidence of our ‘form’.Great results, yes. But no basis whatsoever of any improvement in form.Especially when the Southampton debacle came afterwards 

Edited by JF

On 06/12/2019 at 15:35, king canary said:

They did look knackered and for me that's why we lost the 1st half. Emi was not too effective again, whereas i think Mario would be effective given half the chance. I have no idea why Marco was chosen ahead of a very creative and talented Mario.

Well the "fact" is if we lose at home tomorrow v's Sheff Utd we are as good as down. It'll crush whatever is left of self-confidence and the gap between us and the other clubs down there is growing. So OTBC and let's hope the team can come through with 3 points. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Well the "fact" is if we lose at home tomorrow v's Sheff Utd we are as good as down. It'll crush whatever is left of self-confidence and the gap between us and the other clubs down there is growing. So OTBC and let's hope the team can come through with 3 points. 

Sorry, that's not a fact. Teams have come from worse positions than this and survived. Give Farke a little bit of credit - we may well go down this season, but I doubt we'll be dead and buried by March, we'll pick up enough points along the way to keep it interesting, particularly with so many players back from injury. Defeat tomorrow would be a massive blow, but we would still survive with 4 points from each 3 games. Form can come from unlikely positions and unlikely sources.

On 05/12/2019 at 17:48, ricardo said:

The defence has never been good enough and would have suffered even without the injuries. That much was patently obvious last season. My hope that we would survive was more from the heart than the head and is obviously not going to be realised.

I shall enjoy the season never the less.

Spot on.

It is a crying shame we had so many injuries at the start of this campaign and did not strengthen in this one area before it began when with the experience last season it was relatively obvious we would struggle defensively.

However, a good display and three points today and who knows. I will be attending and encouraging the team more in hope than expectancy, that's for sure.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 08:46, spencer 1970 said:

If we carry on flipping between bad and inconstant with the odd flash of how we can play...not enough, we're down.

However, if we can push on and turn those flashes of brilliance into form AND we're still only a few points off 17th (as we are now), then who knows. We'll know I bit more after the Palace game on NYD as that and a few games in-between are winnable. 

Nail hit firmly on the head!

• Like 1