Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Farke v Emi

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Tettey yes, he improved that area of the pitch completely. Amadou was a bit if a headless chicken first half.

I'm not convinced about Stiepermann. He brings a bit more physicality but slows it down somewhat. I think he is more suited to the Championship we we had better players than our opponents. But the EPL is a lot harder and I think Emi needs to be able to shine and show the league what he can do.

Yes we might be purely a "football" three with Onel and Todd either side of him but I think it is clear we aren't going to win any bully boy battles anyway.

Perhaps Alex & Ibrahim as a pair of DMs with those three ahead of them? Might it give us the best of all worlds? Plenty of power & plenty of creativity. Although where does that leave The Mayor ...

Emi will never be played in the 10 behind Pukki so just stop going on about it!

As others have said plenty of times, that position needs to be filled by someone with more height and more physicality. McLean and Stiepi work for Farke as they can win the ball higher up the pitch and also break up play.

As much as I understand the desire for Emi to be played there due to his creative abilities, he is not working hard enough to do it. So, get that idea out of your heads as it will not happen.

On 05/12/2019 at 11:23, canarydan23 said:

You need to widen your reading. 

😅😆

I've stayed off the Brexit thread for the last few weeks...........

Need to keep him as high up the pitch as possible. For me at this level he either plays right off Pukki or he doesn't play at all. He hasn't got the attributes to run from deep like he keeps trying, his passing range over 20 yeards is often wayward and he gives the ball away often. Playing as a no.10 you negate a lot of that while letting him do what he's best at. I would try a 4 4 1 1 

......................Krul

Aarons Zimbo Godfrey Lewis

Cantwell Trybull Tettey Hernandez

.................Buendia

.................Pukki

Let's focus on counter attacking, playing Pukki in clear with clever through balls with a solid 2 in Midfield and good ball carriers who track back out wide. You sacrifice a bit of possession probably, but we would creater clearer chances that suit our striker more imo

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann