lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Saints*****

We are where we deserve to be and tonight's (lack of) performance underlines the fact.

Failures so far will ensure we end up back in the Championship.  Not the end of the world but not exactly a validation of the approach taken in terms of progression.

Yes we'll be financially viable but not successful on the pitch.  What's more important - probably the former rather than the latter (sadly).

Or in other words, pointless reactionary statements of how the season will end based upon one game. We lose - we're getting relegated and it's all terrible. We win - we'll easily stay up. I suppose you that's what fans do but can we not be a little more reasonable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It truly has been awful tonight. Awful against watford, awful against southampton.

Stieperman hasnt got a clue, and how many times did we pass back to Krul

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Or in other words, pointless reactionary statements of how the season will end based upon one game. We lose - we're getting relegated and it's all terrible. We win - we'll easily stay up. I suppose you that's what fans do but can we not be a little more reasonable.

Based on one game! Look at the league table won, drawn and lost columns! 

Should have snatched a point at the end but that woeful first half killed us. Wasted chance and we’ve gifted a rival 3 points there

Why the hell did we wait to the second half to start playing? If we’d done that for the whole game there was only one winner...I really don’t get it - they were there to get at and we didn’t.  IMO that’s poor from DF.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Even after we scored there wasn't enough urgency.

Even in the last 10 minutes we were still p*ssing about with it.

It was a walk in the park for Southampton

We looked better second half but need the creativity that Emi provided too late in the game. I'm not sure Cantwell provides that.

Ok not as bad as at half time. But still a massive loss against a rival. A draw would have been a good result I guess and we were very close to that. But we can’t concede 2 goals every game and hope to stay up. A small step backwards after Everton and arsenal. 

Awful first half but comfortably the better team in the second. Massive chance missed by Byram. Point would have been a great result in context.

• Like 1

Far better second half but losing key games won’t help.

Can’t argue with the effort on that second half, just wish they’d given the same first half.

• Like 1

The new tactic appears to be get to half-time 0-0, and then have a go.

Ain’t going to happen with zonal marking.

Lots of tired legs, no grit in midfield and poor passing. Saints pressed well but i really think we were extremely tired. midfield Cantwell and Amadou lacked pace as did Kenny. Tettey was excellent but would have liked to have seen mario who is very creative, in the middle instead of Marcus

Decent response in the second half, at half time we looked like we might get buried. Still, we don't get any points for being alright-ish when we're already 2-0 down.

A really poor result, especially given the last two results and performances against much better teams. Three points on Sunday and we'll be back in touching distance, lose on Sunday and things will be starting to look bleak.

• Like 1

Manager to blame. Wrong team. Same mistake he made against Burnley after we'd beaten City. Alex Neill admitted his responsibility for showing too much loyalty and Farke is doing the same thing. Southampton brought Shane Long in to help keep up that press and we had no clue.

And if Godfrey is really getting offers of £25m I'll drive him to Spurs.

• Like 1