lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Saints*****

One of the worst first half performances I’ve ever witnessed. The team is so lethargic, it’s a wonder why we bothered to turn up tonight. Nobody is making runs, we keep turning on the ball and pass it backwards, which allows Southampton’s high press to move further up, putting us under more pressure. If Farke can’t manage a response for the next half, one wonders what the hell he’s doing?! This is a game we have to at least try to win or we’ll have zero chance of staying up this season. 

Wow. Absolutely woeful.

So bad it makes you think the whole club, owners, manager and players are ALREADY thinking about next year in the champs. Or their next move to a ‘big’ club. Yes that’s Webber, Farke and half the players. Fuming. 

Edited by SplatCat

That was terrible.

Back to being comfortably outplayed by average teams and an ability to even trouble the worst defence in the league.

Bloody glad I didn’t bother to give Soton £30 - St Mary’s on my doorstep 

why do we struggle against **** and are outstanding against the cream ??? 

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There will be some work to do for the Percy Positives when the doom and gloom threads start later tonight.

I can’t wait to hear how great Cantwell has been the night 😁😁😁😁

Beyond abysmal peformance. We are so far out of our depth in the premier league it is embarrassing. Still, that's what having tin pot owners does for ya.

This is pathetic and unacceptable. The reason we will go down is our players are not apparently able to raise themselves for games like this which are more important that showpiece fixtures against the likes of Arsenal. 
the set piece thing is not acceptable and a huge black mark on Farkes otherwise impressive coaching record/credentials. 

going to take a huge turnaround to get anything here but I’m just really despondent that they can go out and play like that in such an important game. 

• Like 3

How come we can all see that we are suckers at set pieces because of zonal marking but DF cannot.

I can accept a poor performance if you come away with something, but we have been dire. 

Stupid free kick to give away for the first (that isn't having a pop at Todd, just observing that he was wrong). And the second saw Long run from behind the three in the six yard box so they didn't even see him coming.

Vrancic has to come on for Amadou. And tell Hernanndez to just run at them.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Listen to you all. We were ok for twenty minutes and just lost our way after the first goal. Get a grip.

Come on Lakey, we've been sh*t. Even you must be able to see that.

• Like 1

Listen to you all. We were ok for twenty minutes and just lost our way after the first goal. Get a grip.

By OK I assume you mean we passed it around in safe places a bit? We've managed one shot all half.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wow. Utterly deluded. That’s a shocking half of football 

edit: I realise I should have ignored your contrary nonsense 

Edited by JF

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Even you must be cursing slightly at how bad that 45 minutes was to watch . 

Sorry LDC it's been bad all through. I've never seen Krul forced into so many aimless long kicks.

We need to sub about 7 players.

It's gonna take a miracle.

3 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I can’t wait to hear how great Cantwell has been the night 😁😁😁😁

Hope you eat them, like you eat everything else :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Beyond abysmal peformance. We are so far out of our depth in the premier league it is embarrassing. Still, that's what having tin pot owners does for ya.

Hi Keith! Did you enjoy the tinpot embarrassment at Goodison? What about the abject capitulation against Arsenal? Strange you didn't comment on those performances, yet as soon as we have a sh*t 45 minutes you're back on here like a rat up a drainpipe. What a sad existence you must live.

Need to get Amadou to midfield, as clearly played most of the half as 3rd CB. Losing all the loose balls on midfield as a team and having huge gap there when opening the game. Huge performance drop for whole team. 

Still, if we can get into shape and form in which we were against Gunners, the game is far from over yet!

Difficult to understand how we can be so bad, after the last two performances. We've got nothing today. 

Iwould be surprised if he makes tactical changes before the 70th minute but it's certainly what is required.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There will be some work to do for the Percy Positives when the doom and gloom threads start later tonight.

I think one has already started. This one

1 minute ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Lovely to see Matt Holland though 😁

Pardon lower league?

We're poor on set pieces, every Norwich team I've ever supported has had this weakness, it's obvious and easily exploitable but for whatever reason, as a club we seem to place little emphasis on this side of the game, that's a whole different issue though and not the reason we're struggling today imo

With how we play if our passing game isn't up to a certain standard every game we have no chance in this league. Spacing is one dimensional and all wrong, not enough players are showing for the ball, we're not moving the ball quickly enough and we're not strong enough to hold onto the ball or agile enough to dribble round players, we're making the wrong decision every time we do get into a good area and no one looks really in the mood to take the game to the opposition and try something creative. Hopefully the issue is a bug going around the squad or something and that's why we're not focused because this is worrying. 

Another Burnley / Brighton / Palace type of away performance. Predictable and compliant, and ultimately now game over. 

It's a truly woeful performance. Players all over the place and utter chaos whenever Southampton get a set-piece. 

Horrible to watch. 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We’re 2-0 down

I wanna see 3 subs made or I'm just gonna go watch the Liverpool game, this has been diabolical!