Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Why did Ashton come here at all?

According to Doncaster, as reported today, Dean Ashton was determined to quit Norwich City. Not "interested in having a chat about a  move" or "hoping to further his development" but "Determined to leave". I just do not understand a guy who moves to a team which is odds on to be relegated and then at the first sign of things not going right wanting to leave. He knew that he was taking a risk- why move last January. Why not last summer when he knew who was up and who were down?

I don''t blame the guy for wanting to leave but because he knew the situation when he signed, his form and attitude over the last few months (apart from saints when he was on fire) are truly treacherous. I get the impression now that he never really cared about Norwich City- we were used by him to further his own ends. And his parting comment about wanting to play for a big club- well West Ham might be a tad bigger than Norwich, but the gaps not huge and again he knew what we were about last Januray. Pointless, or was he just interested in the signing on fees?

He came here with the sole intention of putting himself in the shop window.

He has now gotten exactly what he wanted all along,he had never said that he was happy here and was commited to the cause.

Where i ask you Dean were West Ham when we risked bringing you to the club?

Thanks for your undevided loyalty and just remember how unforgiving the West Ham fans will be if you go 5 games without a goal,let alone 10!!

Good points Tumbleweed,  but he just wanted Premiership football quicker than we could offer it. Simple as that really & why stay where you are not happy?  We could all get downhearted about this but I think it will pull the squad together more and actually have a positive effect.

Exactly what i have been saying for months ,his heart was not here you

could tell that from some of his preformances and body language the boy

and his agent were  very clever fooling us all the time about

wanting to help us,  but in fact were only interested in there own

self greed taking us for a cool £700.000 in the process ,how fans can

say he was a legend here is laughable and like i said earlier i don''t

wish him any luck at all pity he was not of the same stock as Safri who

is committed to our club unlike judas Ashton.