Jobsworth Canary

So who is off to Southampton this evening?

8 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I am will be interesting to see our turn out on a Wednesday evening on the south coast

You must be like those taxi drivers that do thousands of miles each year but are still sh!t at driving.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

What you will find is that I am at the fanatical end of Norwich fans and one of the very few on here that actually has an informed opinion based on what happens 

Make sure you get right behind Todd Cantwell. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

What you will find is that I am at the fanatical end of Norwich fans and one of the very few on here that actually has an informed opinion based on what happens 

You may be a fanatical fan, but that doesn't make you "informed".  Your anti-Cantwell stance kind of ruins that idea. Or was that just you trolling...... 

You're just waiting and praying for him to fail aren't you?

He continues to prove you wrong but your 'informed opinion' seems to equate to not actually knowing how to process what you're seeing.

I watch him week in week out too, the difference is that I get behind him because he's wearing our team's shirt, I also ENJOY (look that up online if you are unsure on the definition) that he is doing a fine job for us. It's got sod all to do with his origin, being able to call him 'one of our own' is just a nice little bonus.

The lad's doing well, get over yourself.

Not a fan. Just a t!t.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I think lakey ultimately I will be proven right re Cantwell 

I see him week in week out and he is another Murphy twin I am afraid rather than a Maddison 

There's a big gap between one of the Murphy's and a Maddison.

But I'm pretty sure you're only saying all this to get a rise anyway :classic_happy:

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There's a big gap between one of the Murphy's and a Maddison.

But I'm pretty sure you're only saying all this to get a rise anyway :classic_happy:

A rise in his trousers?

I used to find Jobbo amusing under his previous guises, but lately not so much, whether it's down to his increasing  age,  senility, or waistline,  I have  no idea. But we are seeing a more bitter side to him, perhaps too much lemon juice on his scampi?He should also be made aware that if these  feelings he professes to have about Todd are real, then ultimately  they will not be good  for his  health. 

35 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I think lakey ultimately I will be proven right re Cantwell 

I see him week in week out and he is another Murphy twin I am afraid rather than a Maddison 

You'll be proven right, but that may or may not be for 10 years.

He's currently between the Murphys and Maddison imho fwiw

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So are the Murphy twins now regarded as failures? 

Their transfer fee's combined paid for our academy for god knows how many years? They can never be seen as a failure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Their transfer fee's combined paid for our academy for god knows how many years? They can never be seen as a failure.

100% right  Hoggo,  they raised what,  approx 20 million between  them?  Ok that's less than what maddison  will eventually  bring in if he moves on from Leicester  to  a bigger( more money  ) club, but by no means  failures.  Also let's not forget the joy they gave us as part of the u18 fa cup  winning  team. 

51 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Neither player really pulling up trees these days .  Norwich got excellent fees for both but sold Maddison on the cheap.

43 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I used to find Jobbo amusing under his previous guises, but lately not so much, whether it's down to his increasing  age,  senility, or waistline,  I have  no idea. But we are seeing a more bitter side to him, perhaps too much lemon juice on his scampi?He should also be made aware that if these  feelings he professes to have about Todd are real, then ultimately  they will not be good  for his  health. 

Always assumed Jobbo was someones alter ego I remember when he joined the forum he stated he felt all our players should be given a chance even if that resulted in eventual relegation!

Changed his tune since but Im pretty sure Til1010 must know him as he vouched for him being real.

It doesn’t surprise me the happy clappers on here are sticking up for Cantwell the silent majority and it’s a very very big majority simply can’t stick up for him 

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Why not give him until the end of the season before making a judgement?

I am it isn’t me who keeps bringing him up, I have made my mind up have seen plenty of him . There are people commenting who simply don’t see enough games to see how dreadful his overall game is but it will sink in eventually 

I am very relaxed on the subject knowing full well that I am right 

28 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I am it isn’t me who keeps bringing him up, I have made my mind up have seen plenty of him . There are people commenting who simply don’t see enough games to see how dreadful his overall game is but it will sink in eventually 

I am very relaxed on the subject knowing full well that I am right 

I really do feel quite sorry for you Jobsworth.

As you never tire of telling us you're a 'fanatical fan', but at the same time you have come to the conclusion that Todd Cantwell isn't very good. Obviously, as such a committed supporter you want nothing but the best for our team and every single one of our players.

This means that you must constantly yearn to be proved to be wrong about Cantwell.  It must be quite difficult constantly yearning to be proved wrong..................... I hope that you're able to resolve these deep contradictions within yourself. 

Just to reply to Jobsworth , I’m going . In fact I’m already in Southampton and had my first pint . Drove down this morning. Always coming to this one as my eldest son now lives and works in Southampton . So that’ll make 2 of us . Third kit tonight I believe. Told this by our very excited young mascot tonight and his mum and dad who I met in M3 services ! 

Feeling pretty confident so going to be positive. Saints 1 Norwich 3 . Pukki , Mclean and of course Cantwell ! 

OTBC💛💚

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

It doesn’t surprise me the happy clappers on here are sticking up for Cantwell the silent majority and it’s a very very big majority simply can’t stick up for him 

When you say  very big   do you mean big in numbers or just one not very silent very big person.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hillhead said:

Always assumed Jobbo was someones alter ego I remember when he joined the forum he stated he felt all our players should be given a chance even if that resulted in eventual relegation!

Changed his tune since but Im pretty sure Til1010 must know him as he vouched for him being real.

Jobbos alter ego IS Benny Till I reckon,  I ask again, has anyone seen both of them in the flesh at the same time? 

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jobbos alter ego IS Benny Till I reckon,  I ask again, has anyone seen both of them in the flesh at the same time? 

I have.........

And I can assure you they are 136 people. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

That's a lot of flesh.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Neither player really pulling up trees these days .  Norwich got excellent fees for both but sold Maddison on the cheap.

29 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Just to reply to Jobsworth , I’m going . In fact I’m already in Southampton and had my first pint . Drove down this morning. Always coming to this one as my eldest son now lives and works in Southampton . So that’ll make 2 of us . Third kit tonight I believe. Told this by our very excited young mascot tonight and his mum and dad who I met in M3 services ! 

Feeling pretty confident so going to be positive. Saints 1 Norwich 3 . Pukki , Mclean and of course Cantwell ! 

OTBC💛💚

Indeed a handful of us and a load of so called fans blowing a load of hot air on this thread rather than making the long journey to support their team