Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

If you like this sort of thing ...

Interesting.

Another common mistake by ’outsiders’ - even this analyst didn’t  know enough about City to realise that defensively (and do on), the last 10 games would not give good data about the most recent 2. 

I thought the interesting bit was about their pressing (Ie; why it went wrong for them) and the article didn’t really go into great detail on that.

Interesting that we only had 0.9 xgoals though (understat.com says 0.81) - back to how we were last season, scoring from half chances. Not sure that has anything to do with a fully fit centre back...

I find our x-goals of "0.9 with no big chances" to be pretty inaccurate. McLean was clean through and only denied by a combination of a fantastic save and the outside of the post, Cantwell had a great chance which he put wide and Pukki had a shot well saved; all in the second half. Those chances alone would expect to yield at least one goal, on top of the two we actually scored.

The more I think about the game, the more disappointed I am that we didn't win. We created loads of chances and, ultimately, conceded from two set-pieces having otherwise contained the opposition. It was a good performance.

• Like 1