Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Storyville

3 hours ago, Herman said:

It could never happen here.🤨

Storyville also have a brilliant doc on the Lehman Brothers downfall. It could be a John Grisham novel, only real.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009tpx

So you think it could kio? Tens of thousands of babies stolen? hundreds of thousands murdered & tortured?

If you believe so perhaps you could outline a scenario for that.

Be ever vigilant Ron. With a dark, malignant government, propagandic media and an angry populace things can turn quickly. Look at how quickly like turned to the extreme in places like Bosnia and Rwanda. Get a man up top, like Franco, that uses these things to his advantage.....

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

Be ever vigilant Ron. With a dark, malignant government, propagandic media and an angry populace things can turn quickly. Look at how quickly like turned to the extreme in places like Bosnia and Rwanda. Get a man up top, like Franco, that uses these things to his advantage.....

In what way does our political system resemble Rwanda or 1990s Bosnia? The wonderful thing about democracy is that dark, malignant governments have very little chance of getting into power. Could you see the National Front being voted into power? Or a Stalinist party? (oh hang on ...:classic_laugh:).

It strikes me that the (middle class) left wing really, really dislike the general population. Certainly the working class - they keep voting the wrong way. 

And I wonder why 52% of the populace could be angry ...

I am neither middle class nor left wing. And I do not dislike the working class but I do despair at their habit of voting against their own best interests. The 52% are angry but they have been groomed by billionaires to be angry at the wrong things. 

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I am neither middle class nor left wing. And I do not dislike the working class but I do despair at their habit of voting against their own best interests. The 52% are angry but they have been groomed by billionaires to be angry at the wrong things. 

This is the old 'they didn't know what they were voting for' argument. It's tiresome and patronising. 

Eric Blair wrote very eloquently on this topic, the middle-class lefties are driven by their hatred of the rich and their loathing of the working class 

It was true when he wrote it and it is still true today. Evidence of it all over the Brexit threads. 

Rather cynical RTB. You know full well an ill informed public is dangerous and you know full well a lot of people cannot be bothered to fact check, hence the reason why people like you post a lot of misinformation. 

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Rather cynical RTB. You know full well an ill informed public is dangerous and you know full well a lot of people cannot be bothered to fact check, hence the reason why people like you post a lot of misinformation. 

Ill informed with the information you wish to give them.

The internet is full of all sorts of information, some of it is untrue (for all sorts of reasons) & some is thoroughly researched & extremely useful. You can find every point of view imaginable, arguments & counter arguments, an opinion & it's diametric opposite on every subject there is.

It's up to each & every individual to absorb as much of that material as they choose & come to their own conclusions that's how democracy works.

I believe absolutely in democracy. I suspect it's due to my adherence to the principles of science - we agree that when the dial points to 2.75 then that is what the measurement is. The fact that one person on the planet says it's reading 5,932 does not invalidate the consensus  (although he may be the only one who's right!). Science is truly democratic.

That doesn't mean to say our present democracy isn't capable of improvement, but a better form can only be brought about by this one.

I hate many of the things democracy entails, but I will abide by it's results - although I will often complain & rail against them. For example I voted to stay out of the Common Market - but I accepted the result. I will accept the result if Corbyn becomes Prime Minister, although I will be mightily unhappy.

But if there is a democratic vote we must abide by it. Or we're lost.

Then, perhaps, Franco's Spain beckons ...

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Ill informed with the information you wish to give them.

The internet is full of all sorts of information, some of it is untrue (for all sorts of reasons) & some is thoroughly researched & extremely useful. You can find every point of view imaginable, arguments & counter arguments, an opinion & it's diametric opposite on every subject there is.

It's up to each & every individual to absorb as much of that material as they choose & come to their own conclusions that's how democracy works.

I believe absolutely in democracy. I suspect it's due to my adherence to the principles of science - we agree that when the dial points to 2.75 then that is what the measurement is. The fact that one person on the planet says it's reading 5,932 does not invalidate the consensus  (although he may be the only one who's right!). Science is truly democratic.

That doesn't mean to say our present democracy isn't capable of improvement, but a better form can only be brought about by this one.

I hate many of the things democracy entails, but I will abide by it's results - although I will often complain & rail against them. For example I voted to stay out of the Common Market - but I accepted the result. I will accept the result if Corbyn becomes Prime Minister, although I will be mightily unhappy.

But if there is a democratic vote we must abide by it. Or we're lost.

Then, perhaps, Franco's Spain beckons ...

Quite right, Ron. But then along comes the Trans movement and scientific reason goes out of the window. And when one points this out, one is accused of being a bigot, homophobe or something.

Edited by Rock The Boat

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Quite right, Ron. But then along comes the Trans movement and scientific reason goes out of the window. And when one points this out, one is accused of being a bigot, homophobe or something.

We've all seen your posts, that's why we think you're an idiot.

36 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

We've all seen your posts, that's why we think you're an idiot.

Not really a well-argued post though, is it? 

12 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Not really a well-argued post though, is it? 

But it is true, we've all seen your posts and that's why we think you're an idiot.

• Haha 1

On 04/12/2019 at 14:01, TCCANARY said:

But it is true, we've all seen your posts and that's why we think you're an idiot.

And why the use of the royal 'We'?  You need to hide among your online buddies in order to make a point?

On 03/12/2019 at 20:59, ron obvious said:

So you think it could kio? Tens of thousands of babies stolen? hundreds of thousands murdered & tortured?

If you believe so perhaps you could outline a scenario for that.

Ron, tens of thousands of babies are murdered annually in the US by the organisation known as Planned Parenthood. What's really shocking are two facts. One is that this organisation receives federal funding. The second fact is that 85% of the babies killed are to black mothers where blacks make up13% of the population. Some babies are born live and have to be killed out of the womb by the abortionist. 

Perhaps one day Storyville will make a programme about the racial genocide going on right now under our noses. 

47 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

And why the use of the royal 'We'?  You need to hide among your online buddies in order to make a point?

It doesn't matter how much you try to deflect we still think you're stupid. Just look at the other posters who say you're stupid and you may realise that it's true, you really are stupid.

5 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

It doesn't matter how much you try to deflect we still think you're stupid. Just look at the other posters who say you're stupid and you may realise that it's true, you really are stupid. 

Keyboard warrior alert. 

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Ron, tens of thousands of babies are murdered annually in the US by the organisation known as Planned Parenthood. What's really shocking are two facts. One is that this organisation receives federal funding. The second fact is that 85% of the babies killed are to black mothers where blacks make up13% of the population. Some babies are born live and have to be killed out of the womb by the abortionist. 

Perhaps one day Storyville will make a programme about the racial genocide going on right now under our noses. 

I may regret asking this, but as I know nothing about Planned Parenthood, could you expand on your statement that they partake in racial genocide? Why is what they do racial genocide? 

11 hours ago, Aggy said:

I may regret asking this, but as I know nothing about Planned Parenthood, could you expand on your statement that they partake in racial genocide? Why is what they do racial genocide? 

I can explain, he's stupid.

• Haha 2