Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Stefan Strandberg on trial?

Norway international utility defender Stefan Strandberg is currently on trial with English Premier league strugglers Norwich City. The ex-Rosenborg star has been without a club since leaving FC Krasnodar earlier this year.

Interesting if true. Can anyone confirm?

Are you asking someone to confirm that Norwich City are English Premier League strugglers ?  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Honest to God I thought this was about some sort of court case when I saw the title. 

Me too.

Is a utility defender like a utility knife, i.e. he can cut, open bottles and remove corks?

• Like 1

Love the way everyone’s completely ignored the point of the OP 

Can someone just confirm already: is Rosenborg a genetically-engineered flower breed or not?

• Haha 1

There's a newspaper in Norway called the Adresseavisen which prints daily football talk and my Norwegian friend spotted it yesterday and told me about it. It's usually quite accurate.

• Like 1

He probably knows Tettey through playing for Norway, so he'd probably be able to vouch for his character/ability. I see absolutely no harm in bringing him in on a short-term deal to fill Klose's place in the 25.

If this is accurate, when would we be able to sign him up given a successful trial period? January?

How do we stand for places free in the squad? 

Just reading from FTW looks like it would be a replacement. 

Anyone else in the squad who is on the injury list that we could replace? 

Edited by Norfolk Dan
More info...

Just now, Norfolk Dan said:

How do we stand for places free in the squad? 

We'd need to remove someone to register another non-home-grown player like this guy. So Klose seems the obvious option unless we have some plans to sell someone.

33 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

If this is accurate, when would we be able to sign him up given a successful trial period? January?

He's a free agent, so we'd be able to sign him today if we wanted to. However, he wouldn't be able to play in the PL until the transfer window reopens in January. If we did want him, he could always come and train with us as a free agent until then, or we could just contract him until the end of the season to prevent anyone else from snapping him up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's a free agent, so we'd be able to sign him today if we wanted to. However, he wouldn't be able to play in the PL until the transfer window reopens in January. If we did want him, he could always come and train with us as a free agent until then, or we could just contract him until the end of the season to prevent anyone else from snapping him up.

Sounds ideal if DF thinks he's  good enough. 

• Like 1