Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Time to stop moaning

VAR, balls on the pitch, MOTD, pundits etc etc. The list is almost endless.

Christ, we've just got 4 points from 2 games, scored 4 goals, had a clean sheet, achieved our first away win and outplayed the Gunners in what was undoubtably a great game of football.

All we've had since Sunday afternoon is endless moaning about how hard done by we are by VAR, how we don't get enough credit on TV and even something as trivial as the bloody ball not being given back at the right time.

All of which was either marginal, of no importance or totally insignificant and yet we have 200+ posts in those threads.

Meanwhile there's virtually nothing about our fantastic team performance and some great individual performances on Sunday afternoon.

What's wrong with you?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Moaning that we should have won and were hard done by isn't the same as moaning at the team. 

57 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Christ, we've just got 4 points from 2 games, scored 4 goals, had a clean sheet, achieved our first away win and outplayed the Gunners in what was undoubtably a great game of football.

All we've had since Sunday afternoon is endless moaning about how hard done by we are by VAR, how we don't get enough credit on TV and even something as trivial as the bloody ball not being given back at the right time.

All of which was either marginal, of no importance or totally insignificant and yet we have 200+ posts in those threads.

Meanwhile there's virtually nothing about our fantastic team performance and some great individual performances on Sunday afternoon.

What's wrong with you?

It's the negativity bias of the human brain, innit. People are more compelled to post/respond when they disagree or have stuff to moan about.

I started a positive thread earlier today (Farke's fortitude) but it's garnered very few responses... just the way people are wired, innit.

I'm not going to stop moaning. I'm seriously questioning if I want to carry on going. It absolutely ruins the experience of supporting a team. It hovers over the whole game like a dark cloud. We can't celebrate a goal for fear of the dreaded VAR. Like I've said it's ok for you armchair boys, you can watch all the various angles and slide rule lines before finally deciding if a players big nose was in front of another's fat gut.

Having listened to you moan nonstop about fourth division german players and the like while I just wanted to support the team I'm not going to take you advice now MP.

On MOTD last night the biggest celebration was for a VAR decision. Ironically a screen at the game was more important than the game itself.

As stated alot of the moaning was about criticism of VAR but you're right in that it seems to out an awful lot of the discussions focus on that with barely any left for the team (me included) I've never seen it happen to that level with a referees mistake purely because it's never so convoluted.

Meanwhile I am pleased you pointed out our teams fantastic performance MP. I may well be wrong (often am) but I had you down as one of the more pessimistic posters over the last few months!

14 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Who made you spokesperson for the happy clappers

i pay my money I will moan if I want to 

By the style of your posts , it seems that its WHY you pay your money. 

• Like 1

I think there's a difference between moaning & complaining.

Moaning is when you have no justifiable grounds for complaint. Like when you don't win the lottery.

Complaining is when you feel you have a justifiable reason for grievance, one for which you can provide objective facts to back up your case.

There are obviously many grey areas between the two. That grey area is the main cause of debate on this (& many other) forums.

Well we didn't get a VAR decision against us and nobody chucked the ball back on to the pitch at the wrong time.

So who do we blame tonight?.

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Well we didn't get a VAR decision against us and nobody chucked the ball back on to the pitch at the wrong time.

So who do we blame tonight?.

Jobsworth's lardy @rse.....no doubt !