2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

No offence to Preston, but this is quite possibly the least interesting tie we could've possibly got. An away game against a team from the league below, and one we've played against several times in the last few years anyway. 

I think we have to play the second string for many reasons. Firstly because they need match fitness, secondly because they'll get unhappy if they're not playing, thirdly because we can rest our key players and also because the second string may actually play with more fire in the belly and motivation because they want to force their way into the first team rather than be concerned about picking up injuries.

Yep for my sins I went to the last FA cup defeat at Preston which did for Neil Adams, and also the defeat last season when things just didn't go to plan at all.

I agree about playing the second string for your reasons also we can't afford any more injuries to the first team !

Like you say, it's really our worst possible draw - a physical side that we've played at last season so neither a fun trip to a ground we don't know, nor an interesting game. Well, that's how it goes.

We have some vital and very hard fixtures in January and early Feb. Absolutely cannot risk injury to our key and important players. Sorry but the Cup is a non event for me. 

The focus has to be the league. I used to be one of those “winning leads to more winning” but staying in the PL has to be the focus and the Cup is simply a distraction we don’t need.