Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

time to let the club know how we feel

it is now time to put into print how we feel about the deception that has taken place over the ashton transfer, when one minute doncaster says we have had no bid and then this morning hes on sky and says we have been negotiating with wham all month! i feel very strongly about this as i know many others do and will be writing to the club to air my views as i hope many others will because WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO!

[quote user="baldyboy"]it is now time to put into print how we feel

about the deception that has taken place over the ashton transfer, when

one minute doncaster says we have had no bid and then this morning hes

on sky and says we have been negotiating with wham all month! i feel

very strongly about this as i know many others do and will be writing

to the club to air my views as i hope many others will because WE HAVE

BEEN LIED TO![/quote]And what difference would that make.

Sold down the river more like no ambision is what it looks like to me we had a golden chance to get back into the premiership in August but we sold Francis and Jonson we got in cr@p January comes after the false dawn of  December  we buy Yohoo glue or what ever his name is and Robinson then todays bombshell (or not as the case maybe) Ashton to West Ham !!!!!! Does the manger and board really want us to go back up or are they happy with playing in the fizzy league???

If they want to keep the supporters happy or happish then get the Colchester pair of Halford and Danns on board asap start playing some of our younger players and some of the older pros start showing they care about the club otherwise they will playing back in front of a half empty ground every week

But as we have been  lied to for the past 3 or weeks none of this will ever happen and Worthy we keep going on his merry way with the board as if nothing is wrong !!!!!

Indeed it is. I can accept the fact that the club are selling the player, but what I cannot accept is the lies and deception that have preceeded today''s announcement.

I have mailed my thoughts to the club at ''reception@ncfc-canaries.co.uk'' marking them for the attention of Neil Doncaster and Nigel Worthington. This e-mail address is from the clubs official site.

In over 30 years of supporting the club I have never felt so betrayed as I do this morning.

Yep. Ashton ''Struggling for fitness'' my @rse. They think we''re idiots, and this has been going on for weeks now. So much for trust, how can we trust anything they say in future? Also, just how can we trust someone like Worthington with £7M? I agree, it''s time for us to take action.

[quote user="Phil Henry"]

Indeed it is. I can accept the fact that the club are selling the player, but what I cannot accept is the lies and deception that have preceeded today''s announcement.

I have mailed my thoughts to the club at ''reception@ncfc-canaries.co.uk'' marking them for the attention of Neil Doncaster and Nigel Worthington. This e-mail address is from the clubs official site.

In over 30 years of supporting the club I have never felt so betrayed as I do this morning.

[/quote]

You''ve mailed your thoughts. Wow, thats really going to make a difference, I''ve been telling you lot for weeks if you want change you should protest. There are plenty of opportunities, if you really have the majority on your side and you passionately want it get off your @rses and do something.

Mr Doncaster! "I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!" There, I feel a lot better for that..........Oh, and Mr ''D'' and "you''re an empty headed fruit trough wiper!"........Royalty winging its way to Monty Python.

I didn''t expect anything less than what the club media stated about Deano.........."Our Honourable!?" members of the Government & Louses of Parliament, have been doing likewise since democracy was introduced.......Sadly, that''s being economical with the truth - not lying!. A well executed plan by the club, knowing full well that a ''lull'' between now and our next ''homey'' game - the ''Local Derby'' - by which time the heat would have died down....Just waiting with baited stale Guinness breath, for the sweetener to be thrown up by the ''spinners'' to pacify the loyal lemming follower''s that we are.......Yours FATfully and, forever the cynic, Mello ;~) 

The club must think we are so gullible.........."Now gis'' yer season ticket munny - or we''ll kick yer varicose veins!" ON THE FALL CITY! & KEEP THE FILTH! Boo Hoo! Deano''s gone!   ''He didn''t have any pace anyway''.........

No bid acceptable to the Board meands exactly that - until the Board have accepted a bid the plyer and everything else stays as is. That''s the world of business (and all the legalities of prjudicing other individuals etc) I''m afraid, and will always be that way. Note how there was nothing from west Ham over the same period - same legalities in operation! When it''s in the press it''s about trying to create a dialogue, when it''s not, or this sort of line is being stated it tends to mean more in my experience.

I dont think you are allowed to tell everybody what is going on until both clubs decide on it, which is why they denied it.

Imo Ashton wanted to go, and its better selling him now than getting less in Jan. Our season was over anyway

its not the fact deano was sold or wanted t go.. we all knew it woul dhappen and good luck to Deano...

its the fact the club regard "the best supporters in the world" as idiots! each and everyne of us! not just the worthy outers but the KTF''s are seen as prats in the eyes of the idiots at the top....

sadly they have had my money for a 5 year season ticket.. not that they deserve it!!!1 i hope they are proud of how they treat their fans.... we will never trust them again...

Supporters forums wil.l basically be "story time with munby" as him and his cronies tell us what they want us to hear...

how wonderful life must be on fantasy island (Carrow road)

jas :)

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Phil Henry"]

[/quote]

You''ve mailed your thoughts. Wow, thats really going to make a difference, I''ve been telling you lot for weeks if you want change you should protest. There are plenty of opportunities, if you really have the majority on your side and you passionately want it get off your @rses and do something.

[/quote]I agree squit, the spineless snakepit, barclay and away fans should really have chanted for worthy out in the autumn. they sat by silently and bottled it big time. 

"...if you want change you should protest. There are plenty of opportunities, if you really have the majority on your side and you passionately want it get off your @rses and do something."

The NCISA - not a forum known for extreme or hysterical views - was side-stepped by the Board when it made it''s Worthy Out plea earlier this season. What use would it be if ordinary supporters like us voiced the same opinion? That is why the poster is so angry - because he/she knows that the Board treat the fans like plebians.   

The Board has clearly stated that it supports Worthington, so any action in opposition to that is clearlt p*ss*ng in the wind. The Board - and Worthington - pays lip service to what the fans think and have the temerity to increase season ticket prices above the inflation rate into the bargain! 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Phil Henry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree squit, the spineless snakepit, barclay and away fans should really have chanted for worthy out in the autumn. they sat by silently and bottled it big time. 
[/quote]

i was there mate.. there with 200 others.... we have been saying it before that and ever since.. i was there at Derby, and there again on saturday... I have stuck to my guns all season.. just wish a few others had joined us!

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Phil Henry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]and you think protesting is the adult way to go about it. very grown up son.

A friend went to the match yesterday and has arrived for a visit today, but bought the programme for me to look at. I noticed near the back there is a "Meet the board" session soon - Thursday 2nd February at Sheringham....this could be a seriously heated meeting, especially if some of the WO/Board Out supporters turn up [:P]. The directors are really asking for it in my opinion, especially if Green leaves this week too.

I don''t really side with KTF or WO because a) I haven''t seen enough recently to give a critical contribution, and b) While there may be a problem, upheaval is just as bad...mostly for the players. However, if the board were to go, I''ll suggest a few young chaps from the coast who might be able to inject a bit more money before the club gets a One Way Ticket to the Conference...  And Further. Just imagine what our kits would be like if Justin was designing them - yellow flames on the green shorts. Not quite sure how spandex tops would go down with the players, but they seem to work in rugby [:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Phil Henry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I agree squit, the spineless snakepit, barclay and away fans should really have chanted for worthy out in the autumn. they sat by silently and bottled it big time. [/quote]

i was there mate.. there with 200 others.... we have been saying it before that and ever since.. i was there at Derby, and there again on saturday... I have stuck to my guns all season.. just wish a few others had joined us!

[/quote]after yesterday, looks like many more will join in,  especially if  we lose against ipswich. 

If I remember correctly, West Ham spent two years in the Championship before returning to the top flight. So it''s hardly end of the world stuff for Norwich City. Just keep things in perspective and in a couple of years time we''ll be emulating WHU, and attracting all the bright young talent back to Carrow Road.

I think we need to divorce the sale of Ashton from the longer term general malaise the club is suffering.

Firstly the Ashton trade is a decent bit of business. A tidy profit made on a player who arguably has gone backwards since he dropped out of the Premiership and has shown a worrying vunerability to injury - seeing him walk about you sometimes find it hard to believe he''s only 22, he moves like an old man. He wanted away and we made a decent return. Time to invest and look for the next return.

Now I''m sure the charge will be we''ve gained £3 to £4mio (after sell ons and with the appearance bonus fees) but missed out on £20mio in promotion. I think we can say that our great run in December merely masked the fact that we were always going to come up short this season. Automatic promotion was out of reach after our woeful first month of the season and the failure to put in place a midfield for the season before the transfer window slammed down on our fingers. After that you''re into the lottery of trying to sneak into the playoffs and that elusive lucky break that takes you up. I think it would have been a gamble to keep a disgruntled Ashton on the books in the slim hope we can a) make the playoffs and b) fight our way past the other three teams in their (a big game Fulhamesque choke would await us in a final). At that point we become distressed sellers of an already devalued asset. Take the profit and run.

So that''s all well and good, a profit made and a chance to rebuild. My major problem is this, though, how did we get to this point where it made sense for us to throw in the towel - admit we''ve messed up our best chance to get back out of this league (the right way) - and take the money.

The charges can be laid against the board, the management team and the players themselves. This malaise dates back to our attitude to the Premiership promotion season. I have always advocated that a club must be run as a viable business and live within it''s means. As such I cannot complain at the money we spent. However my first complaint is the timing of the spend. We knew before that season started that we needs a goal getter to make the difference. Ashton was signed in the window, we played catchup and amazingly made it to the last game of the season with our fate in our own hands. So our first question is who failed here? Has the board made the funds available to late or has the manager not seen the need to strengthen? Our second charge goes against the management team and the players. At the Fulham game and for periods up until question the fans have felt a general sense of apathy and this has led to many a rumour. I find it very difficult to understand how the team failed to be up for the Fulham game and a small part of me is bitter about that. As I say I think that has continued into this season. Our third charge lies at the feet of the board, we went into the Premiership season with this attitude we''re just out to enjoy the season, it''s great for little old Norwich. Contrast this with the approach of Wigan and West Ham and the quiet dignity of Sunderland this season. We put ourselves on the backfoot before we started.

And so we fast forward to season ''05 - ''06, favourites for promotion boasting a fiersom strikeforce which promised goals, goals, goals. Of course the fact that you need a team with a structure to it to create those chances seemed to pass our management by (and the bookies, but at least that cheers us up). Again the window closes and our transfer dealings appear poor, the whole Morrison saga now looks laughable given the issues in midfield, especially the width. Again we question the budget for players and the quality of management. Results go against us the manager is under pressure, the board are faced with a decision. The Carrow Road axe remains in Bobby Chases old filing cabinet in some dusty corner. A rare hint of ambition or at worst commercial acumin is demonstrated by the board by putting Ashton on a longer contract, nobody believes he''ll be around in 12 months. We continue to be forced (partly due to the ridiculous transfer window) to bring in loan players which can be costly and leads to a disjointed team with frequent changes, not helped of course by injuries. During this period the tactics and stlye of play fail to meet the demands of the fans.

It''s now been 23 days since the transfer window opened. The right hand side problem still exists and our star striker has gone. Tactically we are poor, the shape isn''t right. Ambition has been thrown out of the window over the last year and a half and we are reaping the rewards, mid table medicocrity. The board should have had the guts to ditch the manager when it was clear the season was off to a bad start they failed. Funds should have been made available in one hit last year to give us the best chance of staying up. We should have learnt from our mistakes but instead they have been repeated this year and again we are playing catchup. Sadly I fear the mood of the fans could become infectious and spread to the players we already suspect that there have been problems there in the recent past. I think a new broom is needed, a day zero with a new manager, we start a fresh. The board could also do with a decent PR company too.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

If I remember correctly, West Ham spent two years in the Championship before returning to the top flight. So it''s hardly end of the world stuff for Norwich City. Just keep things in perspective and in a couple of years time we''ll be emulating WHU, and attracting all the bright young talent back to Carrow Road.

[/quote]

BAD EXAMPLE MATE

West Ham SACKED Glen Roeder!!!

West Ham sold 27 million worth of players and released another 6!!!!

PlayerToFeeDate
Lee BowyerNewcastleFree01-07-2003
Vladimir LabantSparta PragueFree01-07-2003
Les FerdinandLeicesterFree11-07-2003
Glen JohnsonChelsea£ 600000015-07-2003
Trevor SinclairMan City£ 250000021-07-2003
Frederic KanouteTottenham£ 350000004-08-2003
Gary BreenSunderlandFree05-08-2003
Joe ColeChelsea£ 660000006-08-2003
Scott MintoRotherhamFree08-08-2003
Paolo Di CanioCharltonFree11-08-2003
Sebastien SchemmelPortsmouthFree14-08-2003
Ezomo IriekpenSwanseaFree22-08-2003
Hayden MullinsWest HamSigned23-10-2003
David JamesMan City£ 200000014-01-2004
Ian PearceFulhamSigned21-01-2004
Jermain DefoeTottenham£ 700000002-02-2004
Total: £ 27600000

PlayerDate
Titi Camara01-07-2003
Mitchell Cole31-05-2004
Pavel Srnicek01-06-2004
Shaun Byrne02-06-2004
David Forde02-06-2004
David Noble01-07-2004

What would you all prefer:

1) Mid to bottom table Premiership   -   £40M + debt

2) Bottom table Premiership  -  £20M + debt

3) Mid to top half Championship - financially stable with more cash to spend

I am not sure which I would prefer to be honest, I just see those as the options the board had about 3 seasons ago.   Spend, spend, spend to get a great team together, get into the prem and stay there on first attempt.   That plan is also according to the right players being available and wanting to come here, slightly easier if your plan is to build a decent squad.

Spend half as much and try to stay in the prem.  Again hoping the players were available and would want to come.

Live within our means, still try to get to the prem, but also work hard on the debt and keep the business stable with a view to gradually becoming a richer club that can eek it''s way back to glory.  The Ashton sale may have been a lucky break, I mean doubling anyones value in 1 year is great business, but now put''s us in a pretty good position as a business.

As far as being lied to goes, come on guys, how many times have people got to explain business to you?   If you are in negogiations with a buyer for a £7M fee with 15% sell on clause, why would you risk that deal, by going public and being honest??   Fans will always be there whatever you tell them, so little risk in being sparse with the truth.   Much greater risk to pee off the buyer.

The only problem I do still see is Worthy''s ability to buy the right players with the money in any of the aforementioned plans.

Also his childish management style of dropping anyone that diasgrees with him, sometimes for months.

What a great post Al Yellow.  Sums up most of my feelings for the last season and a half.  We have made some real poor decisions which appear to have led us backwards, not forwards.

1) We seemed to have excepted that we would be relegated as soon as we won promotion.
2) As you say, Ashton came too late and either Worthy was slow to recognise we needed a better striker or (and more likely) the board were not prepared to risk spending the money earlier and hoped that we would get lucky with what we had.
3) Again the board were again not prepared to pay for the quality we needed in the summer despite slashing the wage bill and selling players for over £2m.  This has led to countless loan signings which is basically money wasted.
4) What little money Worthington did have was used poorly.
5) Due to points 3 and 4 we are poorly placed in the league and we do not have the pulling power we had in the summer.  I would be very suprised if Jerome was interested in joining City as he currently has more chance if making the play offs with Cardiff (who were in severe financial problems and lost their best players at the start of the season).

Excellent post Al Yellow - agree that the current predicament of the club and the ashton sale are separate discussion and a good thought provoking item on our current malaise.

The only bit I disagree with the PR company - I think the club spin excepionally well already...  

As others have said, an excellent post Al Yellow. A very well written synopsis that defines so well why so many of us have been feeling frustrated for a period now approaching eighteen months.

Unlike Zippers, I do agree with you on the PR front. The fans do receive a lot of spin currently but, notwithstanding the need for withholding at sensitive times, there is so much more that can be done to enhance the relationship between the club and fans. Additionally, such an individual could coach the players and, particularly, the current manager with respect to how most effectively to communicate to the media/fans. It''s one thing to have poor performances and results. It''s quite another to layer it with drivel as if it''s the icing on the cake.

I do agree with you that the clubs PR can be more fan focus''d, I was looking at it from the club perspective and I feel they are more than happy with the work Joe Ferrarris team are doing.   That does not mean I think they are doing the best for fan/club relations which are far from sound at the mo - drivel does sum it up.

What makes it worse is the reluctance of the local media to criticise anything that has happened this weekend - player ratings in the evening rag suggest an above average performance with 3 players getting 8/10 and only Green and Colin below 6; Rick Worthington, writing with  his teeth out again I see [;-)]