Badger

Advice on Prime matches

We have some away games coming up that are to be showed on Amazon Prime. I have this but have never used the TV option. I don't think that I have a Smart TV - I don't use it for the internet (although I get Youtube through Virgin).

If I buy an amazon Firestick, will I be able to watch it on my TV?

Download the prime app straight to your tv. It will then be obvious from the interface as they will flag up the football.

Edit 

I just read the op again. Your controller will have  smart button if it is a smart tv, otherwise a Firestick will do it.

Edited by The Bristol Nest
  • Like 1

Yes, all you'll need is an Amazon Fire stick, about £20 from Argos or similar.  We use ours for iPlayer too, we find the interface much better than through our Youview box.

• Like 1

If its a smart TV and you have the amazon prime app it will work on that if not as discussed fire stick will work. I have one and they are great use it for netflix/prime/iplayer/youtube and watched the tennis on prime and the coverage of that was good. Hoping the football will be too. 

Just noticed Amazon are offering the Fire Stick for £19.99 but delivery is 11th December !!!  So definitely Argos looking a better bet for Wednesday.

My advice is don't leave setting it up until the last minute 🤣:classic_ninja: unlike a "friend of mine"...

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Just noticed Amazon are offering the Fire Stick for £19.99 but delivery is 11th December !!!  So definitely Argos looking a better bet for Wednesday.

My advice is don't leave setting it up until the last minute 🤣:classic_ninja: unlike a "friend of mine"...

Surely if you have Prime - which is the point here anyway, then you should be getting next day delivery      - or is the Fire Stick not covered by Prime delivery?

40 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Surely if you have Prime - which is the point here anyway, then you should be getting next day delivery      - or is the Fire Stick not covered by Prime delivery?

I think that maybe the next day delivery policy is under pressure at the moment what with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the Xmas build up.I have Prime and two items I ordered on Saturday which were eligible have not been promised until Tuesday.

Also, the locker I use was deemed unavailable do to it being full....have never known that before.

I find Amazon Prime already good value (particularly as I took advantage of a pay-up-front offer of £54 for the year) as I buy a lot, find the television and film offerings to be quite decent and can take advantage of the various offers that occasionally arise. This football coverage is an unexpected bonus.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

It’s next day delivery unless there is a delay with stock, as here.

TBF I order loads of stuff through Prime and mostly it is next day delivery, but there are exceptions.

Whilst on the topic of streaming, if anyone uses an old Xbox360 to stream NowTV, the most recent update to the console has rendered this app no longer available.  Checking on the NowTV website, the 360 is no longer a supported device.

Two things after watching the preview of the Southampton game on Amazon:

1. I have a new found appreciation for the high quality insight and analysis offered by the likes of Keown, Shearer and Lawrenson.

2. Amazon clearly paid so much for the rights they couldn't afford furniture.

44 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

. I have a new found appreciation for the high quality insight and analysis offered by the likes of Keown, Shearer and Lawrenson

I have found a pot of gold that a leprechaun  buried  at the end of a rainbow.  

Amazon Prime is yet another method to convert us all into the Amazon Borg. If they want us to buy everything via them, the least they could do is pay a fair level of tax.

Having said that,  I'll still be using my son's Prime account to watch the match. 😳

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Will I be able to watch the game on the wife's Littlewoods catalogue......

Yes, apart from the ladies underwear pages that mysteriously disappeared after Benny Till came round for a cuppa. 😋

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Amazon Prime is yet another method to convert us all into the Amazon Borg. If they want us to buy everything via them, the least they could do is pay a fair level of tax.

That could easily be sorted if there was the political will to do so! 

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

That could easily be sorted if there was the political will to do so! 

*IF* !!!

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

*IF* !!!

Yes it seems that people prefer to pay taxes themselves rather than make rich American corporations pay! 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Yes it seems that people prefer to pay taxes themselves rather than make rich American corporations pay! 

Dont get me started on this one, the irish government dont want to take tax off Apple that the EU says it owes us in case it takes its business  elsewhere. 

Quick shout to anyone in Ireland  hoping to stream city's matches  free on Prime, it WONT ALLOW  you, due to regional restrictions. 

It can be tested tonight with two PL games live, not quite simultaneously.

Manchester City could give Burnley a hammering. 

I'm still hopeful that the likes of Burnley (and Bournemouth who are against Palace tonight) are within our sights.

There's usually one team that drops like a stone after the turn of the year.

And, if like me, you do not have Amazon Prime, or don't want to have it, then have no fear.

There are plenty of free streams this evening currently showing the CP v B game and links to the B v MC game showing for later.

Watching at moment and seems from the empty seats at both Palarse and Burnley, that this experiment is reducing attendances.  And atmosphere seems poor at both too.  Not a good start.

51 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

And, if like me, you do not have Amazon Prime, or don't want to have it, then have no fear.

There are plenty of free streams this evening currently showing the CP v B game and links to the B v MC game showing for later.

Amazon prime has a month's free trial so you can sign up, cancel immediately and still watch for free without streams going down etc

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Amazon prime has a month's free trial so you can sign up, cancel immediately and still watch for free without streams going down etc

It takes a couple of goes usually, but the streams I’ve watched this season have been pretty reliable. Despite having Vodafone “broad”band.

My main worry is that our only smart TV is the main one in our living room, so I somehow have to outvote my wife and my daughter to claim it.

• Haha 1