Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

Half & half scarfs

Seemed to be a lot in the upper Barclay and a few in the pub afterwards. Either you are one ot the other but you can't be both. Champions League final yeah ok but not a Premier League match. Rant over.

Football is not for tourists. Either you want Norwich to win or you don't. If you don"t want Norwich to win fine, but don't pretend that you do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Seemed to be a lot in the upper Barclay and a few in the pub afterwards. Either you are one ot the other but you can't be both. Champions League final yeah ok but not a Premier League match. Rant over.

Yep, agree. Not sure what it’s about, but makes me think Norwich are being disrespected.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Football is not for tourists. Either you want Norwich to win or you don't. If you don"t want Norwich to win fine, but don't pretend that you do.

Like I said, live and let live 🙃

• Like 1

I believe a Conservative Govt will make them a criminal offence but JC if he gets into office will give them away for free. 😋

• Haha 1

Commented on this to my wife before the game that while we often see people selling them this was the first time this season I’d noticed many people wearing them. I’d always assumed people only bought them to collect and not to actually wear at the game.

Edited by Peanuts

I think they're f***ing pony, but then again if I had a kid and I was taking him/her to his/her first ever match, I'd probably pay a fiver for one as a souvenir. We were laughing at them today as (probably due to copyright reasons) they didn't even say Arsenal - the middle letter was replaced by a star - ARS✯NAL. Looked well budget.

If you wear a half and half,  does that make you neutral?..... What would be the point of attending a game where you don't mind who wins?

I always wonder about the sellers of these. Did they order them specially this season and then throw away the ones they don’t sell, or do they have a shed full of the lesser fixtures waiting until we play Sunderland or Yeovil again?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I always wonder about the sellers of these. Did they order them specially this season and then throw away the ones they don’t sell, or do they have a shed full of the lesser fixtures waiting until we play Sunderland or Yeovil again?

If you're right, anyone with a load of Norwich/1p5wich  scarves will be hanging on to them for a good while. 

• Haha 1

On 01/12/2019 at 18:19, Capt. Pants said:

Whilst I don't fully agree with the comment, with the current squeeze on tickets I would hope that fans of one of the teams are actually the ones who have got tickets, bit the 'tourists'. Though I do agree with the first game momento as being a valid justification....and thinking about it,.people collect their ticket stubs and programmes so would collecting half and half scarfs be that different? Though not wearing them obvs (unless you'd forgotten your proper scarf at a pinch).

Say you bought a half/half scarf before the Man City game - you then have a momento/souvenir of a great occasion in our history, which you can look at in years to come as a reminder of a brilliant day.  Wearing or waving it at a match is different.....

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Say you bought a half/half scarf before the Man City game - you then have a momento/souvenir of a great occasion in our history, which you can look at in years to come as a reminder of a brilliant day.  Wearing or waving it at a match is different.....

Did you buy one Lakey? Sounds almost like you did. 😂

I bought my only half and half scarf when a few  years ago me and my 12 year old  son watched City vs West Ham in Boleyn Ground in the home end, as our allocation was sold out for the new Year's Day fixture. (City lost 2-1). Since we were sitting among WH fans "incognito", the only legit  way we could wear green and yellow was in the form of a half/half scarf. It also came handy for presenting ourselves as dumb football tourists , who displayed limited enthusiasm when WH scored.  Perhaps some others buy them for similar reasons.

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Last time we played  Ajax in preseason,  I went with an Ajax buddy, h and h scarves were  a tenner each on the way in from a geezer  by the bridge, we declined, on the way out he was happy to let 2 go for a fiver!! My guess is that they cost  sweet FA to buy in if you order a decent amount.  Incidentally  outside Benficas  stadium a few years after, was an unofficial but huge stall selling all manner of h and h scarves and counterfeit  jerseys,  and there it was, a Norwich/ ajax scarf, exactly  the same as we'd bought at carrow bridge,  price €5 each.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Last time we played  Ajax in preseason,  I went with an Ajax buddy, h and h scarves were  a tenner each on the way in from a geezer  by the bridge, we declined, on the way out he was happy to let 2 go for a fiver!! My guess is that they cost  sweet FA to buy in if you order a decent amount.  Incidentally  outside Benficas  stadium a few years after, was an unofficial but huge stall selling all manner of h and h scarves and counterfeit  jerseys,  and there it was, a Norwich/ ajax scarf, exactly  the same as we'd bought at carrow bridge,  price €5 each.

Anyone who holds onto an Ajax/Norwich scarf in the hope of selling it at a later date, has to be the definition of an optimist! 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Anyone who holds onto an Ajax/Norwich scarf in the hope of selling it at a later date, has to be the definition of an optimist! 

It'll  be worth a fortune  when we play them In the CL  final 21/22 season. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Did you buy one Lakey? Sounds almost like you did. 😂

He has a lock-up full of the bloody things.😀

• Haha 1