....that held on to the ball when Arsenal got their corner and another ball had to be found......idiot.  Interupted our concentration as much as Arsenal's, maybe more and lo and behold they score. Well done.

• Like 1

Yep. Absolute bell and that has assisted in their equaliser. Take a bow you ****

Corners seem to cause us many problems given the height of 3 of our  defence should not really lead to so many goals

GREAT GAME and the team gave it all

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

....that held on to the ball when Arsenal got their corner and another ball had to be found......idiot.  Interupted our concentration as much as Arsenal's, maybe more and lo and behold they score. Well done.

Was stupid, I think something similar happened at the river end a season or 2 ago, and always remember the Newcastle fans doing similar before we took a free kick for klose to score.

Not sure u can blame it for a goal tho, we seemed to have a few issues with corners,

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Zonal marking is statistically better than man marking.

But is it for us?

Think that we've been zonal marking since DF arrived. So very hard to judge.

I think they scored because the scorer stood in 10 square yards of the penalty area all by himself and the ball arrived at his feet.

The extra ball in no way intereferred with anything that went on, or didn't go on, in the penalty area.

• Like 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

I think they scored because the scorer stood in 10 square yards of the penalty area all by himself and the ball arrived at his feet.

The extra ball in no way intereferred with anything that went on, or didn't go on, in the penalty area.

The point is that had the **** not held on to it and just thrown it back the whole incident may well have played out differently 

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Just curious,

Whats the alternative?

Fans the throw the ball back to the opposition as fast as possible?

No the alternative is what happens 99% of the time, the ball comes back in the time it takes and people don’t deliberately hold on to it to disrupt the game

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I think you should be a bit more generous towards fans in the stadium who pay to provide your atmosphere...

🙃

Sounded pretty poor through my telly 👍

Meh, it's pretty immature but it happens up and down the country. It wasn't directly responsible for the goal in anyway.

Not the best idea to f*** about with the ball  . But reckon you’ve got a lot of people round you screaming at you in the moment what you should do . 

Edited by Pockthorpe

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It wasn't directly responsible for the goal in anyway.

But then you don't know that. The element of annoyance at being made to wait is only likely to make an opponent more focussed, not less.  Best thing is not be an idiot and just give the ball back....to hold on to it is one thing, to then throw the ball on just after the ball is kicked is just....well.....brainless.

image.png.820cb692eafa9b141d3874a75a9da1ad.png

I remember this incident when Eden Hazard ended up getting sent off (when the ball boy was shielding the ball ) in their 2013 League cup semi-final.

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

image.png.820cb692eafa9b141d3874a75a9da1ad.png

I remember this incident when Eden Hazard ended up getting sent off (when the ball boy was shielding the ball ) in their 2013 League cup semi-final.

That picture looks as if Eden Hazard should have got a jail sentence...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JF said:

No the alternative is what happens 99% of the time, the ball comes back in the time it takes and people don’t deliberately hold on to it to disrupt the game

Yeah but how do you know it wouldn't have been worse if they'd given it straight back? Ie a brawl where we get 3 players sent off and ultimately lose the game. It's ridiculous to suggest this issue assisted the goal. Is it juvenile and unnecessary to keep hold of the ball, yes, but they scored because of this:

5 hours ago, Making Plans said:

If as you say op the ball on the pitch effected the play in anyway then the game had to be stopped and the goal not given. This is the Premier leagues own rules regards 2 balls on the pitch. Strangely enough Tierney claims he didn’t see the 2nd ball on the pitch and bizarrely the Video Assitance to Relegate smaller clubs also didn’t see it despite seeing Aaron’s head encroaching.

If I remember correctly the Newcastle incident the free kick was either delayed or retaken.

There are pictures now on sites claiming referee and Video Assistant to Relegate smaller clubs allowed a controversial goal.

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

If as you say op the ball on the pitch effected the play in anyway then the game had to be stopped and the goal not given. This is the Premier leagues own rules regards 2 balls on the pitch. Strangely enough Tierney claims he didn’t see the 2nd ball on the pitch and bizarrely the Video Assitance to Relegate smaller clubs also didn’t see it despite seeing Aaron’s head encroaching.

If I remember correctly the Newcastle incident the free kick was either delayed or retaken.

There are pictures now on sites claiming referee and Video Assistant to Relegate smaller clubs allowed a controversial goal.

There are also pictures on sites proving that the earth is flat .

The moment the extra ball appears and before it bounces.

Not one single player saw it as they are all looking in the other direction.

Untitled.png

Edited by Making Plans

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Er... Yep was stupid but hardly responsible for poor defending. To hold that person responsible is idiotic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Er... Yep was stupid but hardly responsible for poor defending. To hold that person responsible is idiotic.

I was shouting at the TV that it was stupid and that Arsenal would probably score as a result of it. They did. If you disrupt players' concentration even for a second it can affect the team adversely.

• Like 1