Amadou really grew into the game and looked more and more comfortable with the ball at his feet. He seemed to grow in confidence as the game progressed.

Close to MOTM but for another outstanding display from TC.

• Like 1

Agree with all of that Unique . Brilliant block towards the end . Was really looking forward to seeing what he could do in midfield and hoping he could improve us . He will !!

Southampton here we come !! 

He looked very good today, shooting aside, but that isn't why he's in the team. He made lots of blocks and tackles and did a great job of protecting the defence.

He has to keep his place in the team, and will hopefully become the first choice and the mainstay in midfield that he was signed to be.

Even if we do stay up - and I think we will - I think the deal is in place so that could sign him at the end of the season for £8/9 Mill (?)

Really?

Will we ever sign anyone for that amount of money? I'm guessing not for the foreseeable future

Edited by First Wazzock

He has a  very sweet technique of creeping up behind  a player that thinks he has time, he doesn't.  Amadou  nicked the ball like this at least three times. 

• Like 1

Was it Amadou who blocked Arsenals last shot right near the end??

I was at other end but just saw the ball perfectly rolling out to the Arsenal player to stroke home, I think I even squealed expecting a goal!

• Like 1

There was a moment in the first half where we were getting pushed deeper and I saw him vocally encouraging teammates to push forwards and press. Really good to see that sort of leadership in the middle of the park.

Bearing in mind he had little time to get to know our players before being thrust onto the premier stage, he has done superb in my opinion. 

Could be a quality addition at the end of the season for us.

43 minutes ago, king canary said:

There was a moment in the first half where we were getting pushed deeper and I saw him vocally encouraging teammates to push forwards and press. Really good to see that sort of leadership in the middle of the park.

Yes, I saw that too - yelling and waving his arms  to get us to push up. 

He grew into the game. He played well and seems destined to become a leader on the pitch after yesterday's showing.

The ideal replacement for Tettey.

I hope we sign him permanently  ... irrespective of our fate this season. 

The first of many similar far more physical players I see coming in especially if we stay up. Arsenal aren’t a big side but even they looked huge compared to us yesterday.

Reminded me of Tetty's debut.  Bit (occasionally very) ropey on the ball, but clearly has an important role in any team as a destroyer.

I'm also confused as to how anyone but the Mayor could have been voted MoM yesterday.  Finely taken goal from Todd, but asides from that, Mclean was miles ahead of everyone today for me - including the arsenal players.

• Like 2

Great to see him in his ‘proper’ role, getting the defence back sorted with Zimm back and him playing cdm could be a key to our season. He looked the part and made some good tackles and blocks, that one back-pass apart I can’t think of much he did wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orly said:

Reminded me of Tetty's debut.  Bit (occasionally very) ropey on the ball, but clearly has an important role in any team as a destroyer.

I'm also confused as to how anyone but the Mayor could have been voted MoM yesterday.  Finely taken goal from Todd, but asides from that, Mclean was miles ahead of everyone today for me - including the arsenal players.

Yeah, McLean was class. Was it the matchday sponsors call for MOTM of the TV studios? I only ask because of the three clearcut chances we failed to convert in the second half, McLean's was the easiest and really should have hit the back of the net, so if it was someone with Norwich connections then they may have been a little miffed by that and chose someone else?

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

He grew into the game. He played well and seems destined to become a leader on the pitch after yesterday's showing.

The ideal replacement for Tettey.

I hope we sign him permanently  ... irrespective of our fate this season. 

If we go down, we won't sign him. Only way we probably will is if we stay up.

Which is another reason fans who constantly say "OI PREFER THE CHAMPIONSHIP OI DO BUH. LET'S GOO BACK THERE" drive me absolutely insane.

I think the quoted fee was around 10.5 million.

• Like 1