Krul 6.5: Made a couple of good early saves to score at 0-0, although he did nearly give a goal away when he came for a corner and got nowhere near it. Blameless for the goals.

Aarons 7.0: Defended solidly and looked enterprising going forward. Threatened a few times in the closing stages.

Zimmermann 5.5: Generally did well and handled Arsenal's dangerous attack, but he was very naive in conceding the penalty, which was a serious blot on his copybook. There was a slight nudge, but not enough for a foul and not enough to justify having his arm in the air.

Godfrey 6.5: Like Zimmermann, he dealt with Arsenal's attack very well and made some important interventions and blocks. He looks much more assured with Zimmermann alongside him.

Byram 6.5: Solid yet unspectacular performance. Defended well but wasn't able to contribute in an attacking sense.

Trybull 5.5: Arsenal started very brightly and he seemed overran at times early on but he got a foothold as the game wore on. Didn't have much impact on the game.

Amadou 7.0: Very good performance today. He made lots of tackles and interceptions and that one in the last minute was almost worth a goal. His shooting was poor on three occasions and he nearly let Arsenal in with a poor pass, but his protection of the back four was excellent.

Cantwell 7.5: He had a great game today. Took his goal very well and could've had another. Made some good through balls, didn't give the ball away cheaply and worked hard tracking back.

McLean 7.0: Made good use of the ball at his feet and got an assist for the first goal with a good pass. Worked very hard without the ball as always but pushed the boundaries at times, and could've scored the winner with a great chance shortly after Arsenal's second equaliser.

Hernandez 6.0: Showed good composure with his assist for the second goal, but he wasn't at his most threatening best today. He didn't best his man enough but he did make some sensible decisions with regards to his passing.

Pukki 7.0: Worked the channels excellently as usual and took his goal well, although the deflection was a tad fortunate. His movement troubled Arsenal and he could've scored another in the second half.

Buendia: N/A

Generally pretty well thought out scores but personally three issues:

A bit harsh on Trybull, yes he got muscled a couple of times but he was everywhere today, if Amadou deserves a 7 (which he probably does) Trybul shouldn’t be miles behind.

McClean was also everywhere today, one of the best performances I’ve seen from him and would probably be my MoM, he properly unsettled Arsenal as well as producing some brilliant moments, the little run through 4 players and pass to Onel for the second was quality.

I thought Onel was a great threat and won a lot of 50/50 balls today, deserves more than a 6.

Final thought is the scores are overall a bit low for a fine draw against Arsenal that but for some outstanding goalkeeping we should have won.

And the McClean bashing continues. Some of you won’t be happy till you hound him out of our club, then maybe you will appreciate how good he is. O well. I also note Byram is getting low marks again from you. Doubt wether we will see Jamal again until one of Aaron’s or Byram get injured, a bargain as sensational as Pukki with the experience that he brings. All those times Arsenal gave the ball straight to him wasn’t because they were rubbish it was because he read the game so well.

5 hours ago, Well b back said:

And the McClean bashing continues. Some of you won’t be happy till you hound him out of our club, then maybe you will appreciate how good he is. O well. I also note Byram is getting low marks again from you. Doubt wether we will see Jamal again until one of Aaron’s or Byram get injured, a bargain as sensational as Pukki with the experience that he brings. All those times Arsenal gave the ball straight to him wasn’t because they were rubbish it was because he read the game so well.

Sam Byram is proving  to be  a very astute purchase.  He is versatile,  decent on the ball and has very good defensive awareness.  I'm  glad that we have a bit of choice now in the full back positions.  

Zimmerman was better than 5.5. Made one mistake in an otherwise disciplined, authoritative display. Harsh.

Amadou made one equally big mistake yet gets a 7. He had a fantastic 2nd half but the first he was a bit all over the place at times, simply roaming to wherever the ball happened to be. Midfield cut through too easily because of it. Seemed much more disciplined after half time and was much quicker at pressing and in the tackle than everyone else. Overall some good signs.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t think the players take any notice of ratings by fans on this forum. 

11 minutes ago, dj11 said:

I wouldn’t think the players take any notice of ratings by fans on this forum. 

Hope not. If they do however clearly it’s pushing McClean and Cantwell to new levels, but unfortunately having the reverse effect on Emi.

Krul 7

Aarons 6.5

Zimmermann 6 (I loathe to rate Christoph so low, but he had a bit of a stinker by his previously high standards, likely fatigue catching up with him after returning so soon)

Godfrey 7

Byram 7 

Trybull 6.5 

Amadou 6.5

Cantwell 7.0

McLean 7.5

Hernandez 6.5

Pukki 7.0

Probably about right as usual Wacky, although I think a few are half or point or so lower than they ought to be this week. Godfrey probably a 7, Trybull 6 or 6.5, Hernandez 6.5. 

Rantings V Arsenal.... "GET A GRIP LINESMAN!"

"REFEREE YOU'RE A PILLOCK!"

"SAME OLD ARSENAL.....ALWAYS CHEATING!"

"VAR! VAR! VAR!"

"CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT!".....and a plethora of others......

On 01/12/2019 at 18:29, Well b back said:

And the McClean bashing continues. Some of you won’t be happy till you hound him out of our club, then maybe you will appreciate how good he is.

I will grant you that he looks a lot better as an AM than as a DM, but we had Stiepermann playing that role keeping Kenny out. In the DM role he rightly was criticized for allowing runners through without much resistance, in this new role I say fair dues, two MoM performances for me so far ....

Edited by Surfer