Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

West Ham a big club with ambition?

So hearing dean say this how does that make you feel? Are West Ham a big club? Or just an average sized club like us but with ambition and a good manager?

I myself feel that it was the correct time to sell as at this time we cannott afford players like Ashton, as the rest of the team are that bad anyway. The whole team is in need of some serious repair! For instance would you have been upset at Mcveigh going off a couple of years ago? Now he is probably the best player in this shambles of a team that Worthy has built!

To see clubs like West Ham buying our best players shows the ambition of our club. Since going up to the Premiership Worthy has brought in Foreign players (Everyone Knows that they take a season to settle in!) However at the time he stated that they were for the future of this club. Well why did we get rid of them then? They would have been quality players this season and would of probably proved the difference. I believe that Matthias Jonnson would of beeen superb this season. He has got rid of Eddy and then spent a fortune on transfers and wages trying to replace him. This money would of covered the wages of the foreigners! To make matters worse he has not even tried playing Andy Hughes there, who may of been the answer all along? surely this was worth a try? The club have actually spent nothing now as the transfers are covered by the sale of Ashton. Where is the money from the Prem, Parachute payments and a full house every week going? Would the money that was spent on getting Etuhu here not have got us Sutton on the free for a couple of years? Yes he may not have come but we could of tried (he loves the area so they say) From what I saw on saturday we are a long way off a Play-Off team. Besides on the remote chance that we did go up how many of saturdays players would cope in the prem?

Worthington''s signings since getting promoted have been beyond belief. They are that bad we now have in my eyes only a few players in this squad up to playing in the Prem Hucks, Safri, Shackell, Mckenzie, McVeigh? of which they are not assured. This squad is weak and when Adams was talking about bringing in 4 players is that enough? We must replace Ashton and the Midfield is in serious need of funding. The defence (Bar 3 new right backs has not been strengthened for ages, Where is the young blood?) My point Worthy has done a terrible job since promotion and he must be replaced. We are now considered a small club in comparison to West Ham. To prove this I have put in a team that was achievable for no more money than we have wasted. Would this team have got back to the Prem?

Green

Eddy               Shackell          Doherty         Drury

M. Jonnson      Safri               Koumas        Huckerby 

Ashton           Svennson

Subs: Mckenzie, Mcveigh, Ward, 2 others.

This team would of been well affordable and would of took some beating in this league. Worthy OUT!!!!  

I agree Ian and that side you picked looks good as well, but there you

go we lost our chance to make the most of our postion at the start of

the season and are now reaping  the rewards of avarage management.

Well I agree with the post. Many seem to say "He''s done a lot for the club". He has, he got us into the play-offs and also got us into the Prem. the thing is, he is undoing everything he has done. Everyone has their day & I think Worthy has had his. This isn''t about selling Ashton, it''s about Worthy''s signings being so ineffective that Ashton doesn''t see Norwich keeping up with his ambition. If Worthy had signed Ashton the previous summer we may well still be in the Prem. Couple that with dropping Holt before he almost dropped himself and we''d''ve had a very good chance. I think Worthy''s wasted so many opportunities and squandered so much of the club''s money he needs to go pretty sharpish.