Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Excellent performance

Deserved all 3 points, but one will have to do. Dodgy VAR decision for retaken pen - there was encroachment on the retake too but surprise surprise that was allowed. Var has done us no favors whatsoever this season. Ref was a complete **** too.

notwithstanding the officiating, we stood up well and Leno had to make 2 world class saves to keep them in it. Amadou did a good job in tettey role and Cantwell is getting better by the week.

We seem to have our mojo back at last. Bring on Wednesday 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Deserved all 3 points, but one will have to do. Dodgy VAR decision for retaken pen - there was encroachment on the retake too but surprise surprise that was allowed. Var has done us no favors whatsoever this season. Ref was a complete **** too.

notwithstanding the officiating, we stood up well and Leno had to make 2 world class saves to keep them in it. Amadou did a good job in tettey role and Cantwell is getting better by the week.

We seem to have our mojo back at last. Bring on Wednesday 

I thought the retaken penalty was the correct decision and didn't think there was encroachment on the retake? Could be wrong but I didn't notice at the time. 

Otherwise agree with all that and really encouraged by Amadou in that position.

3 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

I thought the retaken penalty was the correct decision and didn't think there was encroachment on the retake? Could be wrong but I didn't notice at the time. 

Yeah the retake was because Aaron’s encroached and then was first to the ball. Didn’t look like any encroachment on the retake. Should have taken all 3 points with the chances we created

Edited by JF

2nd half I would we were the better team and **** would have been well out of it had it not been for their keeper. Play like that the rest of the season and we won't go down. 

• Like 4

The way around encroachment is for the defending team to stay back from the box, the same distance as the penalty  taker starts his run from the ball.  As he starts his run , they start theirs, therefore on the move as the ball is kicked rather than being tempted  to  go early  . Surprised  this tactic isn't used more now since the introduction of VAR. 

• Like 1

How did Chambers not get a 2nd yellow?

VAR is ruining football

Mclean fantastic as was Byram

Amadou not as disciplined as Tettey, tended to roam but looked good in a tackle and on the ball

Thought we needed to close down quicker and all too often the midfield was cut through too easily

Massive difference having defenders in defence 

Corner hasn’t been completely turned but we’re definitely getting there

30 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

There was - clear to see on replay

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Mclean fantastic as was Byram

Yep, should have singled them out in the OP - Mclean was on top form today and really drove us on.

4 hours ago, Hillhead said:

Only from one of our players.

Screenshot_20191201-180433~2.png

Does anyone have an absolute definition of encroachment?  The FA rules just say you have to be outside the penalty area.Max's foot was behind the line, but his body was leaning forwards.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Amadou should clearly be the first choice in the short/mid-term for one of the defensive midfield positions, and it's just a matter of who plays with him. Personally I'd choose Tettey, which may be a controversial choice.

Leitner or Vrancic for me once Amadou has a few more game under his belt. 

4 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

Amadou not as good as Tettey. Come on fiery zac what game were you watching

Quote me where I said Amadou is not as good as Tettey....

Edited by Fiery Zac

1 hour ago, Havefaith said:

Totally agree. 

What planet are some people on? 

Amadou is head and shoulders above tettey in terms of ability. 

First game there and two of his blocks were incredible and he broke up play well. 

Some of you are so dumb it's amazing you can pay bills. 

I’m on planet Earth where reading and understanding simple sentences should be commonplace. How about you?

Quote me where I said Amadou isn’t as good as Tettey.

Some people are so dumb it’s amazing I can understand your post at all.