Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

FARKE !

I don’t think any of those sources are particularly reliable, however I stand to be corrected if someone knows otherwise.

Although  in my opinion a good manager/ coach , it seems a bit early in his career  for a move like this. I'd have thought someone like Pochetino  would be more likely.  A couple more decent seasons with us and  it would surprise me less. Dortmund are regulars in the CL , it's a big jump from our current level.

• Like 1

Isn't a man who played for them, even winning a European  cup  with them,currently occupying a near top spot  in the league  that he manages in. He's  probably  hovering  over his phone right now, waiting for that call.😉

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Isn't a man who played for them, even winning a European  cup  with them,currently occupying a near top spot  in the league  that he manages in. He's  probably  hovering  over his phone right now, waiting for that call.😉

Took me a moment. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I speak German and have read the Kicker article and a few more that came up in a google search.

At the moment this is pure speculation.    Kicker is a highly respected magazine, if they said it was happening I'd believe it, but the Kicker article that started this is just a "what if" article.   The title probably gives the tone: "Warum nicht einer wie Farke?": "Why not someone like Farke?".   The writer of the article reckons Dortmund need someone who knows the club, who can give the club a defined way of playing and implement that across the teams etc etc and then suggests that someone like Farke would fit the bill.  There's not even a hint that this is about to happen.   A couple of other articles pick the idea up, but conclude that Farke, who likes it in Norwich, wouldn't leave us mid season, and perhaps not until his contract is out in 2022.   He seems to be viewed as honourable.   Odd concept in football, that.

I've always thought Farke will manage Dortmund one day.   And his comments to us about his feelings for Norwich are carefully worded to leave open the possibility of joining Dortmund one day: "Norwich will always be my home in England" and "My heart is yellow".   And I wouldn't begrudge him leaving, if that's what happens one day, he's done enough here.   And, yes, articles like the Kicker one can develop a life of their own, but at the moment, there is no suggestion that I can see in the German media that this is remotely imminent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh well, we shall see. Nothing is forever in football and about 3 seasons is the norm for a Norwich manager.

He would be stupid to turn it down.