hogesar

Will Emery last for Sunday?

2-1 down to Frankfurt I think I saw...will his time be up before we get a chance to be the final nail?

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

2-1 down to Frankfurt I think I saw...will his time be up before we get a chance to be the final nail?

The injuries and enforced subs tonight  have left him powerless to change things in a positive way,  having said that,  theyve been poor   . They'll almost certainly qualify.  In answer to your question  , I hope he is still there on Sunday . Shame we're  at home really , the pressure at the Emirates  would give us a real advantage.  

J Hartson just  said they were woeful. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

They just seem to have lost something, too many players have gone and not been replaced sufficiently - used to be so great to watch but have gradually become much more ‘average’ while Spuds have now replaced them as the top side in London. They’ll still be bloody hard for us to beat, though.

A bit of good fortune at last getting Arsenal when they are in such disarray.

No complacency though ... we need every bit of good luck going,but equally need to make the most of it. The buoyancy from the Everton result should help.

A barnstorming start a la Newcastle  (and what was expected against Brighton until the sloppy giveaway put us on the back foot,) a win and we could actually start climbing the league.

I sense that, at least, from now on we will cease to be every other team's whipping boys. 

Fingers well and truly crossed, full glasses at the ready and Pampas firmly in place.

Edit: "Pampas?"

(The grass comes after a win, it need be "Pampers" during the game.)

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Still not to be underestimated, depends how the players react. Hopefully they will carry on with their disjointed performances and poor attitude, but we will still need to play well and score first, they struggle when going behind.

Still think we’ve got a great chance of back to back wins, 2-0 win for me.

34 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

..... then along come Norwich 😉

somebody had to do it😉

• Thanks 1

Fingers firmly crossed on this one.

The Arsenal of old would just swan up to the ground late, arrogantly walk into the ground past waiting Gooners, some of whome had travelled at least 10 miles to see their heros. Win by a couple of classy goals, flannel off and leave city before most of the main stand regulars had finished their after match wee.

I hope we stuff them. However, they are a team full of good players so fingers staying crossed.

Really hope not. Suspect it really depends on Potts agreeing to become their manager, I guess they won’t move until they know for certain wether they have a done deal or they are looking for someone else. Really don’t want Potts turning up on Sunday either to have a look.

Let's hope it's his last game.

We were similarly fancied by some to beat a stuttering Man Utd, so we mustn't forget they have an array of quality players. Aubameyang and Lacazette are every bit as dangerous as Martial and Rashford.

That said, if we score first I think we'll win.

That is annoying. They've handed out points to a few of our rivals of late and now we will have to play them with a new/caretaker manager "bounce". Very irritating.

Mind you from what I've seen of their team they have a pretty soft bunch of players there so perhaps still a little vulnerable. 

I think this actually makes our game a bit tougher. So frustrating! The fans will be buzzing as they now have what they've wanted for a while and the players will likely be happy about it too. The feeling has been that they have not been playing for the manager and also wanted him gone.

Will be a huge struggle but still looking forward to it!

Edited by BobLoz3

As it's just Ljunberg as caretaker hopefully that won't be quite as motivating as a new flagship appointment. It's still not great, but perhaps in some weird way it takes the pressure off us, as some people were starting to think that they'd roll over while we hammered in the final nail of Emery's reign. We should at least now know that we've got to be at our best.

Edited by Grando

Timed it well, haven't they?

A game they feel a 'caretaker manager bounce' can see them through to the 3 points needed.

One that, had they lost under Emery, would have made the situation beyond toxic.

And if we still win, its not such a disaster for them anyway as they'll blame it on the previous regimes failings and give it the "season starts here" treatment. So they're going into the fixture with absolutely nothing to lose and that means we are going to be up against it.

I bet Ozil starts and scores as well!

I can't see the problem as surely Srbeny will be the difference on Sunday not the Gooners being managerless ?😋

New Manager (albeit a temp shoe-in) syndrome.....I would have preferred Emery to still be at the helm......Oh well, I'm sure we'll give it our best shot.....Here's hopin'......

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Lovely to see the happy clappers getting their excuses in nice and early for the weekend calamity 

Nothing worse than the smell of a crappy nappy. 😀

Not happy clappers excusing. Just bad timing. Majority will believe with Emery at helm we'd have had a real shout arxenal are dis-jointed.

Still a great chance ncfc can take advantage, and we've beaten Man C, so on our day we can beat anyone! Lets hope we';re up for it