Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

What are you watching?

BBC4 are repeating The Bridge from the very start. If you didn't see it it is a brilliant series.

• Like 1

Challenger:the final flight.

4 part Netflix documentary. Really interesting so far. Tells the story of the astronauts and the aftermath of the disaster as they try to determine what went wrong.

Also on a space theme. Saw First Man the other day about Neil Armstrong.  Good stuff.

The Mandalorian is so awesome. The last episode was the best Star Wars thing since the original trilogy. So good I've got up early to watch it for a second time before work!

We’ve been going through a Welsh noir thing. Hidden is good and Hinterland is superb. Don’t think there’s any more in the same vein so going to move onto the Scandi versions which we missed the first time round. We’ll start with The Bridge since you recommend it Herman.

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

We’ve been going through a Welsh noir thing. Hidden is good and Hinterland is superb. Don’t think there’s any more in the same vein so going to move onto the Scandi versions which we missed the first time round. We’ll start with The Bridge since you recommend it Herman.

Is it on catch up @Nuff Saidor somewhere else? (I'm right into my Welsh thing at the moment, especially the language).

We have recorded the Bridge but it's on the Xmas week to watch.

5 hours ago, sonyc said:

Is it on catch up @Nuff Saidor somewhere else? (I'm right into my Welsh thing at the moment, especially the language).

We have recorded the Bridge but it's on the Xmas week to watch.

Both on iPlayer SC. Hidden is bilingual with subtitles for the language so ideal. Hinterland was originally in Welsh and remade in English, so not as helpful if you’re trying to learn it. There’s Keeping Faith as well which was remade in English and isn’t bad but not so atmospherically “Welsh”. What’s amusing is that there’s obviously a fairly small pool of Welsh speaking actors so they all pop up in different roles in each series.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Both on iPlayer SC. Hidden is bilingual with subtitles for the language so ideal. Hinterland was originally in Welsh and remade in English, so not as helpful if you’re trying to learn it. There’s Keeping Faith as well which was remade in English and isn’t bad but not so atmospherically “Welsh”. What’s amusing is that there’s obviously a fairly small pool of Welsh speaking actors so they all pop up in different roles in each series.

Cheers @Nuff Said I watch and record SC4 now ...

I expect some of the same actors will have been in the Indian Doctor too 😅

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Cheers @Nuff Said I watch and record SC4 now ...

I expect some of the same actors will have been in the Indian Doctor too 😅

Very impressive! (If you can understand it 😂)

Watched Girl On A Motorcycle last night. A t least I think there was a motorcycle. Can only really remember the girl bit  🤪😍

The Death of Stalin is on BBC 2 tonight. Highly recommended. The blackest but funniest of films. 

Anyone ever watched The Terror? So striking the difference between the 2 series and so difficult to adjust if you liked the 1st series.

If you missed it the first time round, Manhunt is very good. Dramatisation of the hunt for Levi Bellfield in season 1, and the night stalker in season 2. Its based on the memoirs of Colin Sutton who led both investigations. Martin Clunes plays Sutton. On ITVplayer and worth going back for if you missed it. I've just rewatched both series 

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

If you missed it the first time round, Manhunt is very good. Dramatisation of the hunt for Levi Bellfield in season 1, and the night stalker in season 2. Its based on the memoirs of Colin Sutton who led both investigations. Martin Clunes plays Sutton. On ITVplayer and worth going back for if you missed it. I've just rewatched both series 

Yes, I enjoyed both those...

• Like 1

Just watched Night Sky on Amazon Prime. A bit off beat but enjoyable.

Need to find time for Pistol on Netflix, based on Sex Pistols Steve Jones' memoirs. Slagged off by old punks before they'd even seen it, but now getting very good reviews.

17 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Just watched Night Sky on Amazon Prime. A bit off beat but enjoyable.

Need to find time for Pistol on Netflix, based on Sex Pistols Steve Jones' memoirs. Slagged off by old punks before they'd even seen it, but now getting very good reviews.

It's on Disney Plus, not netflix.

I thought it was ok. Not brilliant but watchable. The actor playing Johnny Rotten has him absolutely nailed. Unbelievably good acting.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It's on Disney Plus, not netflix.

I thought it was ok. Not brilliant but watchable. The actor playing Johnny Rotten has him absolutely nailed. Unbelievably good acting.

Disney Plus. Yes, my bad.