Sign in to follow this  
pete

Palace on New Years Day

You may not have noticed Kick Off is 17.30, this is problematic for anyone catching train to Cambridge only train after game ends is 8.03.  According to the Trainline that is which may be wrong.  But if true likely to be extremely busy with supporters going to Wymondham and further and supplemented by Palace fans.

Apologies if this is old news.

2 hours ago, pete said:

You may not have noticed Kick Off is 17.30, this is problematic for anyone catching train to Cambridge only train after game ends is 8.03.  According to the Trainline that is which may be wrong.  But if true likely to be extremely busy with supporters going to Wymondham and further and supplemented by Palace fans.

Apologies if this is old news.

Why be concerned  about anything Pete, whatever happens you won't  enjoy it.

• Haha 1

Pete, if you want to "rail" against something then Trainline is a much more deserving target than NCFC. For a really accurate service use the the English version of the German Railways site https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml (It's those pesky Germans again), in the case of the Cambridge train times I verified the information on the Abellio Greater Anglia site......

• Haha 1

Thanks fans glad you appreciated the info.  22.30 just a bit too late and wouldn't want to risk getting home reliability wise especially with Abellio and Great Northern.   

5 hours ago, pete said:

Thanks fans glad you appreciated the info.  22.30 just a bit too late and wouldn't want to risk getting home reliability wise especially with Abellio and Great Northern.   

I offer you the quoted train which leaves 23 mins earlier.

Time then to get in a couple of post-match lemonades.. help you to forget the result either way... and still be back in time to feed or kick the fish/family etc. before bedtime.

Everyone’s a loser!

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pete said:

I knew he wouldn't like it.

• Haha 1

The switch to numerous evening games etc, purely at the beg and call of Sky, is actually causing transport problems to many fans. Public transport on a Sunday in Norwich for example is virtually non-existent after 6.00pm. Of course in many cases you can find an alternative lift via a car, but isn't govt policy to deter car usage because of global warning etc !!! Perhaps time for some more joined up thinking.

1 hour ago, Jack Barak said:

Careful if you drive, I burnt a clutch out on one of old cars on the hills around Selhurst park once...bloody annoying.

I'll take what you say on board and be careful on those hills but should be OK as the match is at Carrow Rd 😀

• Haha 3