CANARYKING

TWTD - “ we are a shocking football side “

They do seem to be floundering a bit of late. Failure to bounce back immediately would be disastrous for them and criticism is increasing in direct correlation with Lambert's decreasing adulation from the fan base. The penny has finally dropped that they need performances rather than bull shine.

It is probably more vital for the immediate and long-term future of that club that they get promotion from L.1. this season at the first time of asking than City surviving at the top table for the fourth time of asking, based upon the same criteria. 

Sadly the standard of that league is so poor, they can afford to still be ordinary most weeks and still pick up points...I'm not sure I could point at 2 sides would would finish above them....let alone 6 to edge them out of the playoffs?

• Like 1

It is the same old issue with them, and will not change for some time. They have a large percentage of their fan base stuck solid in the 60s/70s with regards to their past history, despite the majority of them never witnessing these same glories in the flesh.

As a result they will not, as a collective, be able to deliver a sustained support to their current team, despite it being top of the table. 

I'd be surprised if they did not get promoted from an abundantly poor league. However, rest assured it will be one massive disappointment to them next season as they fail to rip us the championship, such is the perceived right of a number of their deluded fans.

Top of the league and having a moan!

57 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sadly the standard of that league is so poor, they can afford to still be ordinary most weeks and still pick up points...I'm not sure I could point at 2 sides would would finish above them....let alone 6 to edge them out of the playoffs?

Oxford/Wycombe/Peterborough, all very capable sides this year in league one. 

This is why they are getting upset and why they may struggle to get promoted. Last 6 games table20191127_112204.thumb.jpg.5667cf5065c9543c78b3593a6c2b5dc7.jpg

And there next 6 games aren't easy

20191127_112204.thumb.jpg.5667cf5065c9543c78b3593a6c2b5dc7.jpg

20191127_112552.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog
Missing photo

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm not really bothered if they go up,  as long as we don't join them !

I am, it will be hilarious! 😂 

It would indeed be hilarious if they didn't get promoted and on that current form... They may not! But they still have two games in hand on a lot of teams in that league I think.

However, after all their bleating about how they'd walk that league it would be really quite some chuckle if they cocked it up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

They aren’t top, though - Wycombe were and still are - and long may it continue!  

Quite true.

I meant in the general sense, but I agree it would be funny if Wycombe were promoted and that lot finished mid table

4 hours ago, Woodman said:

17 shots last night, 0 on target...

They were lashing the shots in, deliberately off target, aiming for a deflection,  its Paul Lamberks latest tactical masterstroke. You read it here first, Leeds have  sent spies to crib a few pointers. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

They do seem to be floundering a bit of late. Failure to bounce back immediately would be disastrous for them and criticism is increasing in direct correlation with Lambert's decreasing adulation from the fan base. The penny has finally dropped that they need performances rather than bull shine.

It is probably more vital for the immediate and long-term future of that club that they get promotion from L.1. this season at the first time of asking than City surviving at the top table for the fourth time of asking, based upon the same criteria. 

Sadly they will go up. I cant see anyway with the advantages that they have , that even the Binners could **** this up. The standards of the other teams are just too poor.

Even though their much discussed Debt is a source of some amusement it is under control. Contrast with Sunderland (and before them Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and so on) they don't the out of control wages that the previous teams that went down had to deal with. Day to day they have a cash flow that is OK. After we renegotiated our debt in 2009 - we were in the same boat.

I know the board police hate this final phrase , but I'm going to use it anyway.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you all realise that these crap League 1 referees are all conspiring to cheat them out of their deserved place in the upper echelons of English football on a match-by-match basis.

.............not to mention how dirty,time-wasting b*stards such as Wycombe etc are killing the beautiful game(as practised by those noble boys in blue at Poorman Road) ..........IT'S JUST NOT BLOODY FAIR,is it?? 😢😢

Lambert lost it with the ref ( fair enough when you see the goal they had disallowed ) however can’t see why he wasn’t sent off, in which case after Carrow Road last year he would have had the book thrown at him.

• Like 1

It all hinges on the goal-scoring form of James Norwood. Currently he is finding it hard to get the chances to convert.

If he gets another 15 goals - roughly one every two 

Edited by Pugin