BroadstairsR

Sighting of a rare beast reported in East Anglia

image.jpeg.7ded76ccd0d1a9999c1e6c4f70250c76.jpeg

Aka: Ade Akinfenwa.

The "Beast" is making an appearance at the 'Loo  tonight in the League One battle of the giants, ITFC v Wycombe Wanderers.

I don't visit TWTD much these days because, as has been stated that famous "gap" is so big that the affairs of the binners fail to generate much interest these days.

Tonight is the exception though and, failing the likely appearance any time soon of the likes of a Suarez, a Salah or a Vardy at their dilapidated  ground,  the binners seem to be getting a bit concerned about the appearance of Ade and what he might do to their fragile defenders. 

I'd watch this with relish, but they don't seem to stream League One fixtures. 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

Before a ball is even kicked i bet the post match interview will include ' i thought we were triffic '.

I'd forgotten/didn't realise that Paul Lambert had previously managed Wycombe Wanderers.

He brought a degree of success to them, but (typically) resigned when things ceased to suit him.

This spell was just prior to his spell at Colchester where he resigned to take on the post at Carrow Road 'til his resignation, etc.etc. ........ 

Despite all he's hung around Portman Road for nearly a year now, but I suspect another resignation will be on the cards if things turn sour for him again.

Watch this space .... starting with tonight with, hopefully, the binners being steamrollered by the 17st., 37 years old Ade Akinfenwa, "The Beast." Mind you, "old frosty knickers" herself, Anne Hegarty would probably score against that lot.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I had a look at TWTD and Lambert was at his belligerent best when asked about the draw against Blackpool, and the upcoming game against Wycombe ("They're a great LITTLE Club") 

The Binner fans are starting to suss him out

Well that went well!  Ipswich had 65% possession and 17 shots. 

0 shots on target though. 

But at least they didn't concede a goal. 

Only 5 points behind the mighty Wycombe Wanders. 

At least they aren't Sunderland. They do have to be thankful of that. 

Shame they are not making another season of "<CLUB NAME> ti'l I die" 

I've just seen that the game resulted in a 0-0 draw, but that the binners are blaming the referee for disallowing a goal they claim was legal and not giving a penalty.

Both were highly debatable and far, far away from being "Hooperesque" in being badly administered.

However, if there is a need to blame refereeing for being unable to beat (or even score against) the mighty Wycombe Wanderers (The Chairboys) on your own turf then the demise of these self-confessed "Champions of Europe" is surely emphasised to the full.

Incidentally, the bumper gate that they were expecting materialised as a bit under 20, 000. Decent, but as this was described as a "massive" game for Lambert's team it cannot be considered other than disappointing.

We averaged 24, 500 in League 1. The 5, 000 figure "gap" seems to be the baseline of comparative support between the clubs, it could now be more.

This is a lot of extra income over a season, irrespective if what league you are in and what other sources are available.

NCFC. Pride of Anglia in every way.

Now, after that brief Tuesday night distraction, we can get back to concentrating upon Sunday's game against Arsenal (The Gunners) in front of a full Carrow Road and a television audience.