Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Greg Halford

I''d be happy with Wright but fear Jewell may price us out knowing we have a fair wedge to spend, although I guess that applies to all clubs now. Halford''s more of a prospect too.

Yup, maybe the club should be completely honest and explicit with their supporters and tell them where they stand financially. I am sure potential selling clubs wouldn''t find out and screw us for everything they could would they?

A friend of mine spoke to Delia in the Gunn club on Saturday and we are definitely after Jerome, McSheffrey and Halford.  However, we have been told that other clubs are after those players and so Cardiff et al will wait until the end of the window to get the best price

we dont actually have that much money! now that Ashtons gone teams are going to hike up prices for sta players... we will sign 1 player i think... McSheffrey probably being the most likely

jas :)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Just my suggestions for some decent team rebuilding rather than no-hopers.[/quote]

Had a quick look on U''s web site they are saying that we have bid for halford????

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

Which website? Do you have a link?

Btw, Niel Danns has rejected a new contract so we should make a move for him

[/quote]

Apparantly Reading are after him......  Steve Copell can recognise a bargain....  How much did they pay for kitson.....

There''s some interesing comments on Halford and Danns on the U''s website message boards, especially the ''Who would we miss most'' thread: www.cu-fc.comLooks like Halford can cross the ball, but they have him down as a defender [*-)]

FilletTheFishWife wrote

can we let Halford stay at Col U to help them beat Derby in the FA Cup first please to save me a midweek trip for a rearranged Derby match ?

And isn''t this the rub?  With a realistic chance of another cup match and revenue surely ColU will hang on to Halford.

its on pinkun main page.

Cant get much more typical Worthy with the comments: "we have made and inquiry and that is as far as it has gone".

He always says that, has he just made an inquiry and forgotten to try and sign him?

The boy has talent and is the sort of person we should have gone for in the summer - as strongly recommended by many on this board - young and hungry to prove his worth - but would he come to an average Champs said out of the play offs having just sold their star striker when he could be playing at the same level with a confident team that could get promoted as champions?  Very fewplayers win real prizes, even if it is just a league one champs medal.  

A tough 8 days for worthy to get anyone half decent in.

Excluding all of these Championship and League one players, has anyone thought that we might be able to get Davenport back from Spurs permenantly.

I''d be happy if we could get him along with Halford and Jerome.

[quote user="StevenHarvey"]

Excluding all of these Championship and League one players, has anyone thought that we might be able to get Davenport back from Spurs permenantly.

I''d be happy if we could get him along with Halford and Jerome.

[/quote]

Davenport is a must buy along with Halford,Danns,Jerome this lot would be a good bit of business

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]He''ll do for a start then Jerome/McSheffrey and Idiakez...[/quote]

If they arrived this month then I might not have to wait outisde Worthington''s house with a shotgun.

Erm...

I mean a list of players written on a shotgun...

[quote user="Tom_BTW"]What about Derek Riordon of Hibernan? He''s available for 300k[/quote]

I have always said that if you shop in scotland, you will find bargains. I have also said before that riordon wiould be a good signing, scores goals and is quite big as well i think. At that quoted price he would be a worthwhile gamble.